Page 7 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
pillory
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 20 Jan 2006 Posts: 98 Location: Cheshire
juwlz wrote:
pillory wrote:
Ian Lowry wrote:
Only that it not the way I prefer to work. If i want to watch a recording I go to archive. If I switch to a channel which is recording, it is so that I can possibly stop the recording earlier than the timer in the event of a clash.

At my age habits are deeply engrained and difficult to break.
I don't seem to recall seeing any comment from the MS team on the current behaviour (5.21a) - I believe Ian reported a possible bug whereby selecting a currently recording program from any of the EPG pages results in chase play starting rather than seeing live TV.

Is this intentional behaviour or is it a bug? Surely as Ian said, pressing OK in EPG screens should show live TV, if you want to watch a recording (or chase play) then archive is the place to start.
It's intentional (although there was a bug in version 5.1 which meant it went to Live TV - see the Changelogs on BobD's website).

This is to prevent you accidentally seeing the result of a sports event or finding out WhoDunnit before you've watched the beginning of the recording.

Julie
I think you're confusing this with the chase play bug in 5.1 whereby pressing either OK or Play in the archive on a recording in progress went to live TV - what I'm referring to is that currently pressing OK in EPG on a programme which is recording takes you to chase play NOT live TV as I would expect.

This is pretty much the exact opposite of the chase play bug.

The functionality as you describe is exactly correct in the Archive view - I don't want to see the end of a recording. But in the EPG I always expect to be taken to the live programme that I've selected.
Ian Lowry
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 25 Aug 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Cardiff, Wales
juwlz wrote:
pillory wrote:
Ian Lowry wrote:
Only that it not the way I prefer to work. If i want to watch a recording I go to archive. If I switch to a channel which is recording, it is so that I can possibly stop the recording earlier than the timer in the event of a clash.

At my age habits are deeply engrained and difficult to break.
I don't seem to recall seeing any comment from the MS team on the current behaviour (5.21a) - I believe Ian reported a possible bug whereby selecting a currently recording program from any of the EPG pages results in chase play starting rather than seeing live TV.

Is this intentional behaviour or is it a bug? Surely as Ian said, pressing OK in EPG screens should show live TV, if you want to watch a recording (or chase play) then archive is the place to start.
It's intentional (although there was a bug in version 5.1 which meant it went to Live TV - see the Changelogs on BobD's website).

This is to prevent you accidentally seeing the result of a sports event or finding out WhoDunnit before you've watched the beginning of the recording.

Julie

Well, it is a real PITA! Can we at least have an option to cripple it.

TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +Vr

TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.94; TAP Commander 1.0.1; MyInfo B4.0; mcgCYRResume V1.0; Power Manager v1.2; MyStuff 6.0; Little Clock v2.2; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;

Sig generated by MyInfo on 19/9/09
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
You can press Stop to jump to live and then do as you wish.

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
KeRa
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Thanks that is part of the solution as it does appear twice in the Toppy list. However, the delete option is not selectable? Any idea how I can choose it as the cursor just moves over it.

Thanks

KeRa
juwlz
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10327 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
pillory wrote:
I think you're confusing this with the chase play bug in 5.1 whereby pressing either OK or Play in the archive on a recording in progress went to live TV - what I'm referring to is that currently pressing OK in EPG on a programme which is recording takes you to chase play NOT live TV as I would expect.
Well either way, this is still intentional behaviour. As Hyde says, you can press STOP if you want to go to live TV.

Much as BobD loves adding new options (not), if you ask him really nicely, maybe he'll add one to allow plot-spoiling behaviour in the EPG Wink

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
KeRa wrote:
Thanks that is part of the solution as it does appear twice in the Toppy list. However, the delete option is not selectable? Any idea how I can choose it as the cursor just moves over it.
You can only delete channels when you're not recording something, even if it's not a channel you're currently using.

chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:42 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
You can not delete channels when recording...

CW

pillory
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 20 Jan 2006 Posts: 98 Location: Cheshire
juwlz wrote:
pillory wrote:
Well either way, this is still intentional behaviour. As Hyde says, you can press STOP if you want to go to live TV.

Much as BobD loves adding new options (not), if you ask him really nicely, maybe he'll add one to allow plot-spoiling behaviour in the EPG Wink

Julie
That's fine, now I know it's intentional and not a bug...

Bob - could I request a new feature whereby pressing OK in the EPG always takes you to live TV irrespective of the current recording status of the programme selected. This is exactly the functionality of the native Toppy EPG which in this respect seems logical and consistent behaviour to me.

How about an option for the use of 'OK' in the EPG. Option 1 could be as current MyStuff behaviour, Option 2 could be as native Toppy behaviour. Another possibility could be to use 'OK' to go to live TV from EPG and 'Play' to go to chase play (if a current recording is in progress).
danb77
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
pillory wrote:

I agree with bob that this is a desirable feature and I agree with pillory that it can be confusing....

How about easing the confusion by a clearer message in the N&N box that the current channel is *not live*. Perhaps by adding ChasePlay to the title of the program in the N&N box?

By the way, the time elapsed bar seems to show errant information in chaseplay mode, has this been reported before?

TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
Sig generated by MyInfo TAP on 21/9/09
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:56 pm Reply with quote
I guess that could work, especially if you're given to using Play to explicitly tell the Toppy to start from the beginning. I never did like the Toppy implementation where Play resumed and OK started from the beginning. OK is an acceptance of the current state, whereas Play is a direct instruction in my book.

So since you know that a current recording is taking place as MyStuff displays the red recording icon, you would know which button to use.

But in any event the default behaviour of K11 could be used throughout the MyStuff osd's. Cool

HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quote
danb77 wrote:
pillory wrote:

I agree with bob that this is a desirable feature and I agree with pillory that it can be confusing....

How about easing the confusion by a clearer message in the N&N box that the current channel is *not live*. Perhaps by adding ChasePlay to the title of the program in the N&N box?

By the way, the time elapsed bar seems to show errant information in chaseplay mode, has this been reported before?
It is in 5.21a Wink

sanecyclist
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
I think Ian and Pillory do have a point there, it would be more consistent if pressing OK on an EPG entry took you to the live program, because that's what happens when you change channels by pressing P+/P- or typing in the channel number, while the archive is there to access recordings. And if there was to be an option for this, it should apply equally to channel changes through EPG, N/N, P+/P- and number keys.
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:27 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
sanecyclist wrote:
I think Ian and Pillory do have a point there, it would be more consistent if pressing OK on an EPG entry took you to the live program, because that's what happens when you change channels by pressing P+/P- or typing in the channel number, while the archive is there to access recordings. And if there was to be an option for this, it should apply equally to channel changes through EPG, N/N, P+/P- and number keys.

I would like to add my agreement to this. I am not a simple man, but I have been thrown (numerous times) by the difference between typing the channel number I want at a bare Toppy screen and typing the same thing when there's a MyStuff bit on screen (N&N or EPG).

I agree that it would be nice to either have this as an option ("Play live" or "Play start of recording"), or put up a nice big prompt that you're not actually seeing the live programme but the start of the recording. (Or maybe add both!)

Just last night I was trying to resolve a clash by ending one recording (once I'd seen the credits roll) and manually start a new one on a different channel. I scratched my head for ages as to why the recording channel wasn't showing what I was expecting (it was, of course, showing the end of the previous programme due to start padding).
DanCJ
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:42 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 143 Location: Sunny Exeter
pillory wrote:
Bob - could I request a new feature whereby pressing OK in the EPG always takes you to live TV irrespective of the current recording status of the programme selected. This is exactly the functionality of the native Toppy EPG which in this respect seems logical and consistent behaviour to me.

It does seem to be the most requested feature these days!

Add me to another vote for OK in the EPG taking you to live. I've vote against a dialogue box though. If I'm flicking around in the EPG that would irritate me almost as much as jumping into chase play does.

Personally the suggested OK for lice and Play for chase play works best for me

per-Sony-fied
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:16 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jan 2007 Posts: 114 Location: Essex
per-Sony-fied wrote:
Hi all,

While I'm using V5.0 at present I don't think this feature has been implemented in any version so I'm posting in the most current version of Mystuff.

What I find really annoying about watching recorded material, especially something that has been partly watched is that it ALWAYS starts from the point last watched and getting it to start from the begining for me just seems to much of a frustration.... so what I would like to see is a pop up box when a recording is selected that gives 2 options....

A) Play from last view point
B) Play from begining

Can we have a vote as to whether people like this idea and whether it should be implemented?
Maybe some other commands could be included too if people think there could be something usefull to add.

The Toppy standard interface has a similiar thing (pop up box) when making a recording.