Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 6 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
EMJB
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:21 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3474 Location: Maldon Essex
KeRa wrote:
In the guide screen, I have duplicate entries for BBC1, 2 and 3. No other channels are duplicated. One has a logo and the other only has text in its place. One appears to hold the TV picture and the other appears to hold the now and next info which is missing from the channel with the TV picture. This was after installing V5.21a

Any ideas how to fix it?

Regards

KeRa

If you run my "Channel Manager" TAP with its default settings it will get rid of all your TV duplicates, automatically keepin the strongest.

EMJB
Scrib
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Mar 2006 Posts: 166 Location: Cumbria, UK
My wife often moans (nowt new there then) because there is little to no instructions or help screens within MyStuff.

One example is the archive screen. On this screen it does not tell you what buttons to press to, for example, move a recording or delete it. And this is why she never deletes stuff she records.

Would it be a good idea to have a standard button (i.e. the I button for the sake or argument) that worked on all screens and brought up a new box with a list of available options on that screen.

This would also help reduce clutter on some of the screens that do have options.

What do you think?

TAPS: MyStuff 5.62b : MeiSearch_1.35 : Snake 1.3
Transmitter: Winterhill
Model: TF5800PVR - Silver Firmware: 5.12.25 Board Rev: 1.2
BobD
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4195 Location: Nottingham
There is a help screen in the Archive. Press PipSwitch I think by default (though I'm probably wrong) and the description area changes to a help legend.

We are planning to have help screens more easily available, eventually. However adding them takes up time that could otherwise be devoted to new features!

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
simonc
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5618 Location: Cheltenham
I'd be inclined to agree, particularly given that the EPG has a prompt at the bottom.
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Scrib wrote:
My wife often moans (nowt new there then) because there is little to no instructions or help screens within MyStuff.

One example is the archive screen. On this screen it does not tell you what buttons to press to, for example, move a recording or delete it. And this is why she never deletes stuff she records.

Would it be a good idea to have a standard button (i.e. the I button for the sake or argument) that worked on all screens and brought up a new box with a list of available options on that screen.

This would also help reduce clutter on some of the screens that do have options.

What do you think?

Hi Scrib,

how about printing the key sections of the manual and laminating them for SWMBO. Maybe it would make a nice Valentine's Day pressie? Wink

CW

delboyuk
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2005 Posts: 568 Location: Winchester Transmitter: Rowridge
Perhaps it would be best for a standard key (say 'Text' ) to be available as 'Help' on all MyStuff screens.

Then a consistent 'Press TEXT for Help' message could be displayed in a consistent place (ie. bottom corner) on all the screens.

Pressing 'Text' would then bring up a new MyStuff window with all the options relevent to that specific function (ie. EPG / Archive / Timers).

Just my (wife's) view... Del

HD PVR: Humax HDR-FoxT2
[Profile last updated 09Jan2012]
sanecyclist
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
delboyuk wrote:
Perhaps it would be best for a standard key (say 'Text' ) to be available as 'Help' on all MyStuff screens.

Very good idea.

Currently the Text button is only used for jumping to primetime, which is rather obscure, not terribly useful, and can already be changed to other buttons. No doubt there would be a few complaints anyway, but a consistent help function would be well worth it.
juwlz
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10373 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
delboyuk wrote:

Then a consistent 'Press TEXT for Help' message could be displayed in a consistent place (ie. bottom corner) on all the screens.

Pressing 'Text' would then bring up a new MyStuff window with all the options relevent to that specific function (ie. EPG / Archive / Timers).
That's pretty much the way we're planning to do it.
[Edit - i.e. have a consistent key and a prompt to press it that brings up a help screen. The key itself hasn't been decided.[/Edit]

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
Scrib
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Mar 2006 Posts: 166 Location: Cumbria, UK
[quote="chunkywizard]
Hi Scrib,

how about printing the key sections of the manual and laminating them for SWMBO. Maybe it would make a nice Valentine's Day pressie? Wink

CW[/quote]

Can't do that because I bought the wife a new iron for valentines day ( the old one broke). Shes not talking to me for some reason - I figured she was annoyed at Mystuff Wink

TAPS: MyStuff 5.62b : MeiSearch_1.35 : Snake 1.3
Transmitter: Winterhill
Model: TF5800PVR - Silver Firmware: 5.12.25 Board Rev: 1.2
pillory
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 20 Jan 2006 Posts: 98 Location: Cheshire
Ian Lowry wrote:

Only that it not the way I prefer to work. If i want to watch a recording I go to archive. If I switch to a channel which is recording, it is so that I can possibly stop the recording earlier than the timer in the event of a clash.

At my age habits are deeply engrained and difficult to break.
I don't seem to recall seeing any comment from the MS team on the current behaviour (5.21a) - I believe Ian reported a possible bug whereby selecting a currently recording program from any of the EPG pages results in chase play starting rather than seeing live TV.

Is this intentional behaviour or is it a bug? Surely as Ian said, pressing OK in EPG screens should show live TV, if you want to watch a recording (or chase play) then archive is the place to start.
per-Sony-fied
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jan 2007 Posts: 114 Location: Essex
Hi all,

While I'm using V5.0 at present I don't think this feature has been implemented in any version so I'm posting in the most current version of Mystuff.

What I find really annoying about watching recorded material, especially something that has been partly watched is that it ALWAYS starts from the point last watched and getting it to start from the begining for me just seems to much of a frustration.... so what I would like to see is a pop up box when a recording is selected that gives 2 options....

A) Play from last view point
B) Play from begining
juwlz
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10373 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
pillory wrote:
Ian Lowry wrote:
Only that it not the way I prefer to work. If i want to watch a recording I go to archive. If I switch to a channel which is recording, it is so that I can possibly stop the recording earlier than the timer in the event of a clash.

At my age habits are deeply engrained and difficult to break.
I don't seem to recall seeing any comment from the MS team on the current behaviour (5.21a) - I believe Ian reported a possible bug whereby selecting a currently recording program from any of the EPG pages results in chase play starting rather than seeing live TV.

Is this intentional behaviour or is it a bug? Surely as Ian said, pressing OK in EPG screens should show live TV, if you want to watch a recording (or chase play) then archive is the place to start.
It's intentional (although there was a bug in version 5.1 which meant it went to Live TV - see the Changelogs on BobD's website).

This is to prevent you accidentally seeing the result of a sports event or finding out WhoDunnit before you've watched the beginning of the recording.

Julie

juwlz
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quote
per-Sony-fied wrote:
What I find really annoying about watching recorded material, especially something that has been partly watched is that it ALWAYS starts from the point last watched and getting it to start from the beginning for me just seems to much of a frustration.... so what I would like to see is a pop up box when a recording is selected that gives 2 options....

A) Play from last view point
B) Play from beginning
To watch from the beginning, press PLAY instead of OK (or vice-versa, depending on your K11 setting).

In Archive, you can also press STOP twice to reset the played percentage.

You can also press SlowMo (by default, or whatever you've chosen for K7) to resume playback of whatever recording you last stopped without going into the Archive.

HTH
Julie

per-Sony-fied
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jan 2007 Posts: 114 Location: Essex
juwlz wrote:
To watch from the beginning, press PLAY instead of OK (or vice-versa, depending on your K11 setting).

In Archive, you can also press STOP twice to reset the played percentage.

You can also press SlowMo (by default, or whatever you've chosen for K7) to resume playback of whatever recording you last stopped without going into the Archive.

HTH
Julie

Thanks I'll take a look at that.... so many things to remember!

I still like my idea tho' Very Happy makes it easier to get to grips with and less to think about/remember.
juwlz
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote
per-Sony-fied wrote:
juwlz wrote:
Thanks I'll take a look at that.... so many things to remember!

I still like my idea tho' Very Happy makes it easier to get to grips with and less to think about/remember.
That's what the K11 setting's for Wink. Set it the other way, and pressing OK will always play from the beginning.

Julie