Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 5 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:18 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
birdman wrote:
It works in Konqueror too. The problem is related to the stylesheet, since if you turn it off in Firefox the page works.

If BobD hasn't already got a way to fix, I've suggested a way to do it above.
BobD
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4194 Location: Nottingham
R2-D2 wrote:
To get it working in FF and IE together I think you need to use "-moz-inline-stack" and then wrap the whole lot in another (fake) element (such as <RM>) and then make the "display: block" for that in the CSS (e.g. span.download rm { display: block }). There may be other ways...
Yup, I've used another way (but thanks for the suggestions). This page (and the skins page which also had some problems) should probably be OK in FF now. I hate the varying degrees of CSS support in different browsers!

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
ichilton
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
Hi,

Bob, and I exchanged PM's a while back about replicating EPG Uploader functionality in MyStuff. He said he would develop it into a later version as Bawbagg also requires it but just suggested I post here so Mike can put it in the Feature Request Wiki.

What I suggested was the following:

- The ability to write a file which will make MyStuff set individual timers (or one shot CT's were mentioned in the past??) on it's next scheduled scan. The file will be removed after processing.

- On each scheduled scan, it will write out a file containing the details of all current timers.

- On each scheduled scan, it will write out a file containing the details of what the toppy is currently doing - playing which file or recording what on which tuner.

Thanks

Ian

nig
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Hi - just got my toppy last week and playing with MyStuff at the mo - VERY impressive - thanks a lot.

Do have a feature request that I have not seen elsewhere though

When setting up a search would it be possible to add an option to only record prgrams with a different synopsis? It would be good if it could check existing recordings plus upcoming programs. Maybe add an icon that indicates a program would have been set to record but isn't because same already exists in other timer or archive. Using this option would mean you leave "+1's" in your search which may useful at times - eg 2 recordings already set for given time so program can't be recorded on E4 but could on E4+1.

FYI - this came about because I decided to choose "Scrubs" as my first test of the timers - seems to be the most played program on TV at the mo - excluding "+1's" helps a lot but I have found that on ABC1 they repeat the same episode twice a day. Also tried to record a kids cartoon on ITV1 this morning - found that ITV2 and CITV show identical program for about 3 hours on a Sunday morning.

Hope this makes sense and is a worthwhile feature.

Cheers

Neil
juwlz
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:49 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10371 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
nig wrote:
When setting up a search would it be possible to add an option to only record programs with a different synopsis? It would be good if it could check existing recordings plus upcoming programs. Maybe add an icon that indicates a program would have been set to record but isn't because same already exists in other timer or archive. Using this option would mean you leave "+1's" in your search which may useful at times - eg 2 recordings already set for given time so program can't be recorded on E4 but could on E4+1.
Hi Neil, and welcome.

This is actually a MUCH discussed topic, and the answer is that the programme information is nowhere near reliable enough to be able to do this consistently. However, SeriesLink information is now being broadcast (although THAT's not entirely reliable either), and MyStuff will support this in future versions.

Have a look at the SeriesLink thread to catch up on what is and isn't possible given the current state of data available to work with.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
sbv3000
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Hi All
As a relative newbie to this forum hope this is the right place for a query.
I've been running MyStuff 5.1 since it was released and attempted an upgraded to 5.21a. However my 5800 constantly reboots showing the C456 display, a the tuned channel appears for approx 10 seconds then reboot again. Reverting to 5.1 all is fine. I'm running the latest taps of the following (in load order). Tapcommander, eit2mei, mystuff, desc'extender, rem'extender, ozsurfer. Oh - this happens with all 5.2 versions btw.
Any advice gratefully received and thanks to all the MyStuff team for a great tap
mike.hinson
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Hi @sbv3000

Try booting with 0 held down to load Toppy with no TAPs & see if you can get the crash with just MS.

What else can you tell us?

Assume you are posting here because you think it is a reproducable bug type behaviour.

If you are just confused about install instructions etc you may get a faster response in the help thread http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7669

Good luck.

MillmoorRon
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Aug 2006 Posts: 130 Location: Rotherham, UK
I've noticed a minor bug in archive view.

Partly viewed programmes keep resetting themselves to unwatched!

I've not yet been able to track down exactly when it happens but I'm fairly sure it only started with version 5.x.
juwlz
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10371 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
MillmoorRon wrote:
I've noticed a minor bug in archive view.

Partly viewed programmes keep resetting themselves to unwatched!

I've not yet been able to track down exactly when it happens but I'm fairly sure it only started with version 5.x.
Are you using multi-user support? If so, the "watched percentage" is user-specific, so if you watch something and then switch users, it will still appear unwatched for the other user.

If not, please can you try to narrow down when it does and doesn't happen.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
mike.hinson
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:50 pm Reply with quote
ichilton wrote:
...suggested I post here so Mike can put it in the Feature Request Wiki...
Thanks for the mention Very Happy
Charley beat me to it which was good.

The list of features is growing & we have also got some colour on it to indicate what features look likely (green) and unlikely (grey) to be added.

Please feel free to help improve the quality or appearance of the Wiki, the editing of it is feely open to anyone.

PS Toppy formatted it's hard disk last night which made us a bit sad. It has been suggested that I provoked it so I am in the dog house too.

/\/\

sbv3000
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:28 pm Reply with quote
to Mike
Mike thanks for the reply. Restarting with 0 pressed showed that the 5800 would boot ok. I could repeat the 'bug' with each v 5.2x version of MyStuff. I went back to basics and removed all taps installing and restarting each time with each tap added. With the revised load order I came up with, the 5800 now boots and runs ok.

Perhaps I had some wierd conflict with the taps/load sequence, but things seem ok now.
mike.hinson
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Hi @sbv3000
I see you have Tapcommander in your list of TAPs, most folk tend to have that in the program directory & load it as needed, rather than auto load.

Apart from that and ozsurfer, your setup looks very normal TAPs.

Make sure you are running the versions of your TAPs supplied in the bundle with MyStuff.

Please let us know if you see the problem again.
/\/\

simonc
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5618 Location: Cheltenham
Here's a glaring omission: The ability to set the channel on a timer. I guess it's missing because you don't create timers directly in MyStuff. In this case, one of my regular radio timers got messed up and I was loath to delete it as it's a small section of a long programme and I've also given it a specific filename. I ended up using UKTimers to adjust it back again.
KeRa
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:51 pm Reply with quote
In the guide screen, I have duplicate entries for BBC1, 2 and 3. No other channels are duplicated. One has a logo and the other only has text in its place. One appears to hold the TV picture and the other appears to hold the now and next info which is missing from the channel with the TV picture. This was after installing V5.21a

Any ideas how to fix it?

Regards

KeRa
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:11 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi KeRa,

when you press OK when do OSDs are up do these duplicates show in the native Toppy channel list? If so, highlight the weakest of the duplicates, press Options and select delete. Do this on all duplicates. This should solve it. If you can not see the duplicates here you could have a favourite lists selected which has duplicate LCNs in. It this is the case then edit the fav list and remove them,

HTH

CW