Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 2 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 78, 79, 80  Next
DanCJ
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 143 Location: Sunny Exeter
simonc wrote:
That'd be the slow-motion button then. And very useful it is too.

I thought it might already be there. groovy - I'll have to remember that.

Ta

DanCJ
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Ian Lowry wrote:
sanecyclist wrote:
Ian Lowry wrote:
No!no!no! Please don't do that. Live play only ,please.

Sorry Ian, and yes the idea was inspired by your complaint. Smile

May I ask why you think it's a bad one?

Only that it not the way I prefer to work. If i want to watch a recording I go to archive. If I switch to a channel which is recording, it is so that I can possibly stop the recording earlier than the timer in the event of a clash.

At my age habits are deeply engrained and difficult to break.

If you stop recording, does MS automatically check straight away to see if you've freed up the schedule for anything else?

R2-D2
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
Ian Lowry wrote:
Only that it not the way I prefer to work. If i want to watch a recording I go to archive. If I switch to a channel which is recording, it is so that I can possibly stop the recording earlier than the timer in the event of a clash.

I completely agree with that. I do it all the time, so I guess I must be selecting the channel by entering the channel number...
Andy K
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3499 Location: Owner of 3 Topfields
1)

Could we please have a feature/option to record part of a program when it is not possible to record 100% or 110% of a program due to the tuners recording other things.

There could also be a settings in the config for this, so that it did not bother to record programs that would be less than {50%} of their total time or a time in minutes {14 mins} whatever is easy.

In most of my cases I am only likely to loose adverts or credits.

Example there !
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7688&highlight=

This would tempt me over to the darkside. and make the toppy a great bit of kit.

Thanks Smile

2) When it is not possible to set CT's it would be nice to have a report to warn you of this and automatically try and set another recordings outside your normal search window or use the freeviewplayback data.

Last edited by Andy K on Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive 3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink 0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan
DanCJ
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Andy K wrote:
1)

Could we please have a feature/option to record part of a program when it is not possible to record 100% or 110% of a program due to the tuners recording other things.

There could also be a settings in the config for this, so that it did not bother to record programs that would be less than {50%} of their total time or a time in minutes {14 mins} whatever is easy.

I most of my cases I am only likely to loose adverts or credits.

You can set MyStuff so that it will remove the padding if it needs to to make a recording. This should catch most of the ones that would only strip off adverts and credits

d2mac
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:37 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff is so great TAP that I keep up hope, that some version would work.

Seems that things are going to the wrong direction, though. When new version is released the problems are getting clearer.

Now even if this is only TAP, EPG view flash, text is mess and after a while box will crash.

Last edited by d2mac on Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
andyrich
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quote
DanCJ wrote:
Andy K wrote:
1)

I most of my cases I am only likely to loose adverts or credits.

You can set MyStuff so that it will remove the padding if it needs to to make a recording. This should catch most of the ones that would only strip off adverts and credits

Think I'm right in saying it can't adjust padding if the recording is already in progress. Is it possible to manually do this?
mossman
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Jul 2006 Posts: 582 Location: South of Birmingham, TX: Sutton Coldfield
A feature request:

Now that the bug has been corrected that displays Now+Next info on bootup, is it possible to make this display time a configurable option quite separate from the normal N+N display time. I have that set to 2 seconds (just for brief visual confirmation when I change channels), but would really like it to remain on screen a bit longer at boot up so that I know that it MS has finished all of its loading & searching and that buttons can be pressed.
birdman
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1702 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
mossman wrote:
.... but would really like it to remain on screen a bit longer at boot up so that I know that it MS has finished all of its loading & searching and that buttons can be pressed.
Don't the "Loading..." then "Searching..." boxes at the top left do that for you?

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.6
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:15 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
d2mac wrote:
MyStuff is so great TAP that I keep up hope, that some version would work.

Seems that things are going to the wrong direction, though. When new version is released the problems are getting clearer.

Now even if this is only TAP, EPG view flash, text is mess and after a while box will crash.

Hi d2mac,

are you using a 5800 or another Toppy? A bit more information would be nice...

CW

EMJB
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3474 Location: Maldon Essex
chunkywizard wrote:

Hi d2mac,

CW

Hi CW - the info you want is in the subject heading!

EMJB
d2mac
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:42 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:

CW

Sorry, I didn't noticed that title ain't normally visible.

I've no supported TF5100PVR-MP - none UK model, FW: TF5100PVR-MP-Topfield-Sys_1466-2007Jan10

MyStuff 4.34 with TF5100PVR-MP-Sys_1466-2006Mar15 FW was quite stable but not quite either.
mr-b
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 04 May 2006 Posts: 641 Location: Warks - Sutton Coldfield tx
The wiki page is great for capturing feature requests and the comments/decisions.

However it's getting rather unwieldy already - can it be broken up into different pages per feature area e.g. Timers, EPG, Archive etc.?

TAPs: PcControl B1.3; Macro V1.12; QuickJump 1.72; Extend v1.7; EPG2MEI v0.96; TF5000 Display v1.53; TAP Commander 1.34; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5; MHEG Control B2.1; Font Manager 1.0d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 25/9/13
Andy K
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3499 Location: Owner of 3 Topfields
DanCJ wrote:
Andy K wrote:
1)

In most of my cases I am only likely to loose adverts or credits.

Yes I am aware of this, however it only helps me a little.

Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive 3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink 0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan
juwlz
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:12 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10373 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
R2-D2 (in 5.2 thread) wrote:
What I'd like to suggest is a paged view of the list, so you see the EPG with channel indices 0 to 7 if you're on any of those channels, 8 to 15 if you're on any of those, etc. With code something like: show channel indices (floor(C/N)*N) to (floor(C/N)*N+N-1).
Sounds like a good idea - I'd probably use this if it was available. I'm a great lover of consistency and predictability ... which is why I've got the EPG set to have "First channel in file" at the top of the display. However, this IS is a bit disorientating when the first page doesn't include the channel you're watching. In a 1-11, 12-22, (etc.) grouping, the highlight of the current programme would make it easy to locate the current channel (as it does now if I'm watching one of the first 11).

In my case, it's rare for me to be watching channels other than the first 11, so a fixed top of page is currently the best option, as I have the maximum number of channels showing and my favourite favourite channels are at the top of the file. However, the addition of Radio Channels to the end of my default favourites list could make the fixed page group approach even more appealing and relevant (even if I have to cheat in the favourites file to get good groupings of 11 channels Wink).

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012