Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 1 of 80
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
BobD
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:53 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4194 Location: Nottingham
MyStuff 5.21a is now available from the MyStuff site. For a full list of changes, see the ChangeLogs page.

Please use this thread to post all comments/requests/bug reports, but please read the Known Bugs page (see the link in my signature below) first.

Please use the MyStuff Help thread to post all questions relating to setup/installation, EPG data, option setings, interaction with other TAPs etc, but please take the time to search that thread and read the manual (see the link below) first.

Please use this thread for 5.21a related posts only. If you have problems with earlier versions, upgrade, then retest and then post here if you still have the problem.

Cheers

The MyStuff Team

Last edited by BobD on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
mike.hinson
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Hello,

This is a feature request that has been added to the Wiki, does anyone lay claim to it?

Quote:
Menu item M8, Suppress Toppy playback and recording roundels. could this be extended to suppress all Toppy roundels all the time not just when your quitting a MyStuff screen.

I think it mostly best if feature requests are posted in this thread first please, then they get summarised and listed in the Wiki for reference with MS Team comments (mostly from the forum).

Thanks,
/\/\

andygrunt
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 401 Location: Bristol, UK
Here's a feature request that may well be not worth pursuing if Series Link is just around the corner (but then again, maybe it would still be relevant).

As a newish user of MyStuff I'm still delighted by Control Timers but find myself being a bit paranoid about keeping their numbers down so searching doesn't take an unnecessarily long time. So, now and then I sift through them pruning out the ones that are no longer needed which is a bit of a pain.

How about adding some functionality that 'intelligently' figures out when a CT is no longer needed? For example, I might set up a CT for a series that goes on for several weeks. Why not add the option that when the CT goes two or more weeks without finding an episode, it either (optionally) deletes the CT automatically or prompts the user that it may be worth manually deleting that CT?

I know there's already the suggestion to be able to set an expirey date for a CT but might this be a better option or useful addition to that?

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
This would need BobD for an informed comment, but my only fear would be that the code checking for potentially expired CT's might take just as long to run as leaving un-used CT's in place and with the performance hit we have currently.

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
birdman
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1690 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
This would need BobD for an informed comment, but my only fear would be that the code checking for potentially expired CT's might take just as long to run as leaving un-used CT's in place and with the performance hit we have currently.
If each CT remembered when it last found something for which to set a timer (or was told to exclude one) then it could also change the icon which shows the current timer count to be one which said "old" (face with long grey beard??).

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.6
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
simonc
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5618 Location: Cheltenham
Here's a roundel idea I've been mulling over but not got round to trying out myself. I like the things, but they're too intrusive. What I'd like is for the OSD transparency to be ramped up whilst they're showing and dropped back to normal. I usually run at less than 10%, anything more makes the EPG difficult to read.
mike.hinson
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:33 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Unknown from the Wiki wrote:
Any chance you could add some way of deleting files and timers without using the white button the remote. I'm using an IR translator and the remote won't translate the delete button...
Hi,
Sounds like you need to buy a new remote control? Is this a feature request of general interest, or a request for help?

/\/\

sanecyclist
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:14 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
When switching to a channel with an on-going recording, no matter whether through P+/P-, the grid, or other methods, it would be great if it would always jump to the last position you were watching (or the start of the recording if it's new). This would allow you to seamlessly zap in and out of a chase-played recording.
Ian Lowry
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 25 Aug 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Cardiff, Wales
sanecyclist wrote:
When switching to a channel with an on-going recording, no matter whether through P+/P-, the grid, or other methods, it would be great if it would always jump to the last position you were watching (or the start of the recording if it's new). This would allow you to seamlessly zap in and out of a chase-played recording.

No!no!no! Please don't do that. Live play only ,please.

TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +Vr

TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.94; TAP Commander 1.0.1; MyInfo B4.0; mcgCYRResume V1.0; Power Manager v1.2; MyStuff 6.0; Little Clock v2.2; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;

Sig generated by MyInfo on 19/9/09
sanecyclist
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:44 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
Ian Lowry wrote:

Sorry Ian, and yes the idea was inspired by your complaint. Smile

May I ask why you think it's a bad one?
EMJB
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:52 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3471 Location: Maldon Essex
mike.hinson wrote:
Unknown from the Wiki wrote:
Any chance you could add some way of deleting files and timers without using the white button the remote. I'm using an IR translator and the remote won't translate the delete button...
Hi,
Sounds like you need to buy a new remote control? Is this a feature request of general interest, or a request for help?

/\/\

I think that the Macro TAP would enable you to map some other key, or a 2-key combination, onto the white button. This would then work for any TAP and the native functions, so if it works Ok is a better solution than amending MyStuff.

EMJB
DanCJ
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 143 Location: Sunny Exeter
sanecyclist wrote:
Ian Lowry wrote:

I'd have thought most people when jumping to a channel would prefer to see what's on that channel rather than the last thing that was recorded on that channel if that happens to be the last thing you were watching and happened to be recording at the time you were watching it. It's too unpredictable.

What makes more sense (and might already exist if I actually looked in the manual) would be a option to set a button to automatically jump you into whatever you were last watching from whatever point you were watching it.

Dan

simonc
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:45 am Reply with quote
That'd be the slow-motion button then. And very useful it is too.
Ian Lowry
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 25 Aug 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Cardiff, Wales
sanecyclist wrote:
Ian Lowry wrote:

Only that it not the way I prefer to work. If i want to watch a recording I go to archive. If I switch to a channel which is recording, it is so that I can possibly stop the recording earlier than the timer in the event of a clash.

At my age habits are deeply engrained and difficult to break.

TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +Vr

TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.94; TAP Commander 1.0.1; MyInfo B4.0; mcgCYRResume V1.0; Power Manager v1.2; MyStuff 6.0; Little Clock v2.2; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;

Sig generated by MyInfo on 19/9/09
simonc
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:04 pm Reply with quote
You can stop recordings from the archive. I don't know if you can adjust their duration. If not, how about it Bob?