Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  MyStuff 5.2 Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 14 of 15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
moley6knipe
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
Ah, I see. Yup, I can see that would be a useful option!

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Jul 2006 Posts: 158 Location: City of London
Steve_48 wrote:
Highlight and press STOP x 2; it's in the manual btw...

Thanks v much, I've been looking for that for ages

BTW which manual? (MuStuff or Toppy)

Roga
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:53 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
roga wrote:
Steve_48 wrote:

Roga
In the MyStuff Manual, in future could you post help topics in the MyStuff Help thread, thasnks Smile

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
stevenparham
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote
Hello there,

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I think a great addition to Mystuff would be if it were possible to make channel lists within Mystuff rather than having making up a text file on the PC and then uploading this to the Toppy etc.

Apologies if this has been mentioned 100s of time before Wink

Still Mystuff is an abolute beaut - it MAKEs the toppy!
richbrowne
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I could not see it on the Bug list or the new Wiki features request.

When renaming recorded files in the Toppy, often the new filenames are not displayed in the MyStuff 5.2 Archive view, just the same previous file names. Maybe this is because the Toppy firmware renames the actual filename whereas the MyStuff archive view details a logical 'Pseudonym' name of the file, or the other way around?

Also, as a feature request, would it be possible for the renaming of archive files to be included into MyStuff please?

Thanks.
Steve_48
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Posts: 260 Location: Willerby, East Yorkshire
@ work @ the mo so here goes...

IIRC from within the Archive, if you press 0 (zero) MS interface will reload the files contained therein, and so might take account of any name changes made outside the MS interface

HTH if it's right

AutoStart TAPs: MyStuff v6.3 | eit2mei BETA 7.8m3 | TF5000 (LCD) Display TAP 1.51a | TSR Commander 1.5 | PowerManager v2.0 | TapCommander 1.31 Beta 6 | SuperPiP 1.1a | AccurateBM | RecordingFixer
Toys: Samsung 37" HD Freeview, Sony HT-SS500 Amplifier + 5.1 Speakers, Netgear Router, BuffaloNAS 4Tb, Xbox, Wii, PS3
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quote
richbrowne wrote:
Hi,

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I could not see it on the Bug list or the new Wiki features request.

When renaming recorded files in the Toppy, often the new filenames are not displayed in the MyStuff 5.2 Archive view, just the same previous file names. Maybe this is because the Toppy firmware renames the actual filename whereas the MyStuff archive view details a logical 'Pseudonym' name of the file, or the other way around?

Also, as a feature request, would it be possible for the renaming of archive files to be included into MyStuff please?

Thanks.

MyStuff creates its own names and info and stores them in the MEI directory, when you rename a recording you are renaming the file header in the toppy .rec file, MyStuff doesn't use this do display the recording name. I believe this is to get aroung the displaying the wrong name bug, which happens if the Now/Next isn't updated then you get the name of the previous program attached to your new recording.
Hope this makes sense.

Popcorn Hour:
richbrowne
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Guys. Yep, seems logical that the filename is actually detailed in the rec header and that MyStuff keep track of filenames internally. Will try pressing '0' to see if this refreshes the Archive view.

Would be good though if file renaming could be included in MyStuff.
moley6knipe
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
Why do you need to rename please? MyStuff can't get the filename wrong.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quote
moley6knipe wrote:
Why do you need to rename please? MyStuff can't get the filename wrong.

Hi. Often I record sub parts of programmes that contain items I want to keep and then burn to DVD. A good example is music. The filename will relate to the actual full programme, not the sub-part I am going to keep therefore I'd like to rename the file so that it relates to the item actually in the recording.
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quote
richbrowne wrote:
Hi. Often I record sub parts of programmes that contain items I want to keep and then burn to DVD. A good example is music. The filename will relate to the actual full programme, not the sub-part I am going to keep therefore I'd like to rename the file so that it relates to the item actually in the recording.
It would display the renamed file in the native toppy archive, so you could see it that way, then delete them once burned to DVD.

Popcorn Hour:
Steve_48
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Posts: 260 Location: Willerby, East Yorkshire
I do something similar.

MOTD on Saturday night I highlight the part where Newcastle usually get beat Wink and save it and delete the remainder of the file; then using the Toppy's native Archive I rename the saved portion of the file and move it into MOTD folder, thereby keep track of just how bad the Toon are performing this season.

Back in the MyStuff folder the name I assign to the edited clip always comes through correctly... So why does this not work for you then?

AutoStart TAPs: MyStuff v6.3 | eit2mei BETA 7.8m3 | TF5000 (LCD) Display TAP 1.51a | TSR Commander 1.5 | PowerManager v2.0 | TapCommander 1.31 Beta 6 | SuperPiP 1.1a | AccurateBM | RecordingFixer
Toys: Samsung 37" HD Freeview, Sony HT-SS500 Amplifier + 5.1 Speakers, Netgear Router, BuffaloNAS 4Tb, Xbox, Wii, PS3
richbrowne
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
richbrowne wrote:
It would display the renamed file in the native toppy archive, so you could see it that way, then delete them once burned to DVD.
Hi. Yes I realise this. However, MyStuff is such a good interface, I hardly ever revert to the native Toppy version and sometimes I keep the music recordings on the Toppy to view through my AV setup. In fact, I am surprised the Toppy manufacturer has not tried to procure MyStuff as a native interface.
richbrowne
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Steve_48 wrote:
I do something similar.

MOTD on Saturday night I highlight the part where Newcastle usually get beat Wink and save it and delete the remainder of the file; then using the Toppy's native Archive I rename the saved portion of the file and move it into MOTD folder, thereby keep track of just how bad the Toon are performing this season.

Back in the MyStuff folder the name I assign to the edited clip always comes through correctly... So why does this not work for you then?
Mmm, bizarre. Never works for me.
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:43 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
roga wrote:
Steve_48 wrote:

Roga

Hi Roga,

the MyStuff manual is available at:

www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/MyStuff52Manual.pdf

HTH

CW