Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page
 
Author Message

<  TAPs  ~  MyStuff 5.2 Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 14 of 15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
moley6knipe
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
Ah, I see. Yup, I can see that would be a useful option!

_________________
Firmware 5.13.65 patched; Waltham TX; Samsung T133 Series 400LD 400Gb HDD
View user's profile Send private message
roga
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Jul 2006 Posts: 158 Location: City of London
Steve_48 wrote:
Highlight and press STOP x 2; it's in the manual btw...


Thanks v much, I've been looking for that for ages

BTW which manual? (MuStuff or Toppy)

Roga
View user's profile Send private message
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:53 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
roga wrote:
Steve_48 wrote:
Highlight and press STOP x 2; it's in the manual btw...


Thanks v much, I've been looking for that for ages

BTW which manual? (MuStuff or Toppy)

Roga
In the MyStuff Manual, in future could you post help topics in the MyStuff Help thread, thasnks Smile

_________________
Toppy:TF5800 F/W:1365AbBfBqC0CbCeCkCyDDeEcEeEfErEsEvEzFFsGmHHeKtMhNfPPcPePfRRaReRhRpRsSSdSlSrStT2TeTfTpTsUUuUxWfXXpXwZXl
TAPs: TAP Commander 1.34: EPG2MEI v0.95: EIT Sub v0.6: SecCacheUK v0.4: Extend v1.7: MyStuff 6.2: TF5000 Display v1.53: MeiSearch 1.37: Movie Guide v1.01: MyInfo A4

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
View user's profile Send private message
stevenparham
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote
Joined: 08 Feb 2007 Posts: 6
Hello there,

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I think a great addition to Mystuff would be if it were possible to make channel lists within Mystuff rather than having making up a text file on the PC and then uploading this to the Toppy etc.

Apologies if this has been mentioned 100s of time before Wink

Still Mystuff is an abolute beaut - it MAKEs the toppy!
View user's profile Send private message
richbrowne
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Nov 2006 Posts: 21
Hi,

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I could not see it on the Bug list or the new Wiki features request.

When renaming recorded files in the Toppy, often the new filenames are not displayed in the MyStuff 5.2 Archive view, just the same previous file names. Maybe this is because the Toppy firmware renames the actual filename whereas the MyStuff archive view details a logical 'Pseudonym' name of the file, or the other way around?

Also, as a feature request, would it be possible for the renaming of archive files to be included into MyStuff please?

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message
Steve_48
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Posts: 260 Location: Willerby, East Yorkshire
@ work @ the mo so here goes...

IIRC from within the Archive, if you press 0 (zero) MS interface will reload the files contained therein, and so might take account of any name changes made outside the MS interface

HTH if it's right

_________________
Steve
Transmitter: Belmont
Firmware: 5.13.65 :: B4BfBqC0CeDeE2EcESFFsGmHHrIMhNfPPcRReRhRpRsSSrStT2UUuWfXXpXw
AutoStart TAPs: MyStuff v6.3 | eit2mei BETA 7.8m3 | TF5000 (LCD) Display TAP 1.51a | TSR Commander 1.5 | PowerManager v2.0 | TapCommander 1.31 Beta 6 | SuperPiP 1.1a | AccurateBM | RecordingFixer
Toys: Samsung 37" HD Freeview, Sony HT-SS500 Amplifier + 5.1 Speakers, Netgear Router, BuffaloNAS 4Tb, Xbox, Wii, PS3
View user's profile Send private message
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
richbrowne wrote:
Hi,

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I could not see it on the Bug list or the new Wiki features request.

When renaming recorded files in the Toppy, often the new filenames are not displayed in the MyStuff 5.2 Archive view, just the same previous file names. Maybe this is because the Toppy firmware renames the actual filename whereas the MyStuff archive view details a logical 'Pseudonym' name of the file, or the other way around?

Also, as a feature request, would it be possible for the renaming of archive files to be included into MyStuff please?

Thanks.

MyStuff creates its own names and info and stores them in the MEI directory, when you rename a recording you are renaming the file header in the toppy .rec file, MyStuff doesn't use this do display the recording name. I believe this is to get aroung the displaying the wrong name bug, which happens if the Now/Next isn't updated then you get the name of the previous program attached to your new recording.
Hope this makes sense.

_________________
Toppy:TF5800 F/W:1365AbBfBqC0CbCeCkCyDDeEcEeEfErEsEvEzFFsGmHHeKtMhNfPPcPePfRRaReRhRpRsSSdSlSrStT2TeTfTpTsUUuUxWfXXpXwZXl
TAPs: TAP Commander 1.34: EPG2MEI v0.95: EIT Sub v0.6: SecCacheUK v0.4: Extend v1.7: MyStuff 6.2: TF5000 Display v1.53: MeiSearch 1.37: Movie Guide v1.01: MyInfo A4

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
View user's profile Send private message
richbrowne
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Nov 2006 Posts: 21
Thanks Guys. Yep, seems logical that the filename is actually detailed in the rec header and that MyStuff keep track of filenames internally. Will try pressing '0' to see if this refreshes the Archive view.

Would be good though if file renaming could be included in MyStuff.
View user's profile Send private message
moley6knipe
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
Why do you need to rename please? MyStuff can't get the filename wrong.

_________________
Firmware 5.13.65 patched; Waltham TX; Samsung T133 Series 400LD 400Gb HDD
View user's profile Send private message
richbrowne
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Nov 2006 Posts: 21
moley6knipe wrote:
Why do you need to rename please? MyStuff can't get the filename wrong.


Hi. Often I record sub parts of programmes that contain items I want to keep and then burn to DVD. A good example is music. The filename will relate to the actual full programme, not the sub-part I am going to keep therefore I'd like to rename the file so that it relates to the item actually in the recording.
View user's profile Send private message
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
richbrowne wrote:
Hi. Often I record sub parts of programmes that contain items I want to keep and then burn to DVD. A good example is music. The filename will relate to the actual full programme, not the sub-part I am going to keep therefore I'd like to rename the file so that it relates to the item actually in the recording.
It would display the renamed file in the native toppy archive, so you could see it that way, then delete them once burned to DVD.

_________________
Toppy:TF5800 F/W:1365AbBfBqC0CbCeCkCyDDeEcEeEfErEsEvEzFFsGmHHeKtMhNfPPcPePfRRaReRhRpRsSSdSlSrStT2TeTfTpTsUUuUxWfXXpXwZXl
TAPs: TAP Commander 1.34: EPG2MEI v0.95: EIT Sub v0.6: SecCacheUK v0.4: Extend v1.7: MyStuff 6.2: TF5000 Display v1.53: MeiSearch 1.37: Movie Guide v1.01: MyInfo A4

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
View user's profile Send private message
Steve_48
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Posts: 260 Location: Willerby, East Yorkshire
I do something similar.

MOTD on Saturday night I highlight the part where Newcastle usually get beat Wink and save it and delete the remainder of the file; then using the Toppy's native Archive I rename the saved portion of the file and move it into MOTD folder, thereby keep track of just how bad the Toon are performing this season.

Back in the MyStuff folder the name I assign to the edited clip always comes through correctly... So why does this not work for you then?

_________________
Steve
Transmitter: Belmont
Firmware: 5.13.65 :: B4BfBqC0CeDeE2EcESFFsGmHHrIMhNfPPcRReRhRpRsSSrStT2UUuWfXXpXw
AutoStart TAPs: MyStuff v6.3 | eit2mei BETA 7.8m3 | TF5000 (LCD) Display TAP 1.51a | TSR Commander 1.5 | PowerManager v2.0 | TapCommander 1.31 Beta 6 | SuperPiP 1.1a | AccurateBM | RecordingFixer
Toys: Samsung 37" HD Freeview, Sony HT-SS500 Amplifier + 5.1 Speakers, Netgear Router, BuffaloNAS 4Tb, Xbox, Wii, PS3
View user's profile Send private message
richbrowne
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Nov 2006 Posts: 21
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
richbrowne wrote:
Hi. Often I record sub parts of programmes that contain items I want to keep and then burn to DVD. A good example is music. The filename will relate to the actual full programme, not the sub-part I am going to keep therefore I'd like to rename the file so that it relates to the item actually in the recording.
It would display the renamed file in the native toppy archive, so you could see it that way, then delete them once burned to DVD.
Hi. Yes I realise this. However, MyStuff is such a good interface, I hardly ever revert to the native Toppy version and sometimes I keep the music recordings on the Toppy to view through my AV setup. In fact, I am surprised the Toppy manufacturer has not tried to procure MyStuff as a native interface.
View user's profile Send private message
richbrowne
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Nov 2006 Posts: 21
Steve_48 wrote:
I do something similar.

MOTD on Saturday night I highlight the part where Newcastle usually get beat Wink and save it and delete the remainder of the file; then using the Toppy's native Archive I rename the saved portion of the file and move it into MOTD folder, thereby keep track of just how bad the Toon are performing this season.

Back in the MyStuff folder the name I assign to the edited clip always comes through correctly... So why does this not work for you then?
Mmm, bizarre. Never works for me.
View user's profile Send private message
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:43 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
roga wrote:
Steve_48 wrote:
Highlight and press STOP x 2; it's in the manual btw...


Thanks v much, I've been looking for that for ages

BTW which manual? (MuStuff or Toppy)

Roga


Hi Roga,

the MyStuff manual is available at:

www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/MyStuff52Manual.pdf

HTH

CW

_________________
Toppy:TF5800 F/W: 1365PaTcHeD
TAPs: MyStuff | EPG2MEI | FontManager | SecCache UK | Extend | FastScanGUI | EIT_sub_game | MyInfo | ScreenCapture with OSD | MHEG On/Off
MyStuff Manual & Logos | Known Bugs | Recommended F/W
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Display posts from previous:  

All times are GMT
Page 14 of 15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum