Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  MyStuff 5.2 Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 13 of 15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Snapper
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 31 Jan 2007 Posts: 42
birdman wrote:
I decided to have a quick test at parsing and comparing the Freeview.mei and MyStuff.mei (RT) files. So took the first 10 (only) from the Freeview.mei file for Saturday afternoon (so all BBC1). In just those 10 entries:

15:20 RT has BBC News; Regional News; Weather - 10 mins
    Freeview has 5 mins News then 5 mins Local News (sep progs).
    15:50 RT "Six Nations Rugby Union"
    Freeview has "Six Nations Rugby" (and neither had the expected ')
    19:00 RT "Weakest Link"
    Freeview "The Weakest Link"
    2155 RT "BBC News; Weather"
    Freeview "BBC News" (but at least both 20 mins)

So - looks like some fuzzy matching on the title is needed.

I've had a look at the .mei files made by eit2mei and rt2mei. Discrepancies seem to be inevitable, when every channel supplies it's own info at different quality and reliabily. I wouldn't like to think how many rules you would have to create, fuzzy or otherwise to blend the best off both.

I'm not pouring cold water on all your endeavors, and if you can make it work, it will be installed on my Toppy in a moment, but wouldn't it be better to see if BobD could make MyStuff read from both .mei files or add a menu item to make .mei file selection more configurable.

Using the Freeview.mei first, then the RT.mei for any empty fields. You could edit the eit2mei .ini file to only collect only 24 hrs worth of data, for any schedule changes, and get detailed 14 day data from the RT MyStuff to fill up the rest of the empty cells in the grid.

Mei2Archive would ensure your recordings get the RT MyStuff data attached as it now looks to the RT MyStuff.mei before the Freeview.mei despite what the Mei2Archive Read Me says.

Or could it be taken further, CT timers can now be set to search in certain channel favorite lists, plus 'All Channels', 'All TV' and 'All Radio' lists. Could they also be set to search certain .mei files by editing these .mcl files. Then you could have the EPG grid filled with Radio Times info, and the CT timers reading the freeview info, or not as you set in the 'Channel' field in the CT settings dialog.

Pressing the option button in Mystuff at the moment calls up a dialog in which you can select which of these .mcl files you want displayed, 'My Favourites', 'All Channels' and the new 'All Radio' etc. Would it then be possible to select freeview or Radio Times .mei data as well, instead of adjusting the L1 and L3 menu items.

Is the above a feature request for MyStuff, a new tap altogether or a flight of fancy, I expect someone will put me in my place and tell me soon enough. Smile

Last edited by Snapper on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

TAPs: EIT Sub SnG; Deselect; mei2archive BETA 3.8l7; Font Manager 1.0; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 5.62c; TF5000 Display v1.53; MHEG Control B1; eit2mei BETA 7.8m6; Tap Launcher 3.9; Surfer v0.14; Extend v1.6h;
pillory
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 20 Jan 2006 Posts: 98 Location: Cheshire
mike.hinson wrote:
sanecyclist wrote:
IanMaurice wrote:
What I think they are suggesting (and I would agree) is a better scrolling behaviour, so that when you scroll of the bottom of the epg screen you get a whole new batch of channels. Also when you start the epg, the screen shows the screen you would get if you had scrolled down to that channel.

Exactly. That's R2D2's idea that I had agreed with (only to then confuse the issue with some unrelated stuff, sorry).
Hi,
I think I may have added to the confusion by attributing CW's response to that feature request.
Looks like this is another feature request waiting for a MyStuff team member response.
The original request was posted here & summarised above by Ian
Thanks,
/\/\
There appear to be a number of different suggestions for changing the scrolling behavior in the EPG which have all been mixed up in this thread.

A page at a time, changing the way it scrolls past the top/bottom of the channel list, scrolling right/left of the current screen, a particular channel always appearing at a specific place on screen...

Whatever these additions amount to (if anything) could I ask for them to be OPTIONAL with the default behaviour exactly as it is now. If it ain't broke don't fix it! It's just right for me now and the way it scrolls makes perfect sense.
birdman
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1697 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
Snapper wrote:

I've had a look at the .mei files made by eit2mei and rt2mei. Discrepancies seem to be inevitable, when every channel supplies it's own info at different quality and reliabily. I wouldn't like to think how many rules you would have to create, fuzzy or otherwise to blend the best off both.
I can live in hope. Allowing a word dropped at the start/end would handle the above, but whereas that's ~1 line in Perl, it's somewhat more tedious in C.

Snapper wrote:
I'm not pouring cold water on all your endeavors, and if you can make it work, it will be installed on my Toppy in a moment, but wouldn't it be better to see if BobB could make MyStuff read from both .mei files or add a menu item to make .mei file selection more configurable.
That's the idea. If I ever get working code I'm happy for anyone who so wishes to use it

Snapper wrote:
Using the Freeview.mei first, then the RT.mei for any empty fields.
Ah! That's where I have a problem, since that means that recordings would have the (brief) standard EPG descriptions rather than the RT longer ones, since...

Snapper wrote:
Mei2Archive would ensure your recordings get the RT MyStuff data attached as it now looks to the RT MyStuff.mei before the Freeview.mei despite what the Mei2Archive Read Me says.
...I don't use Mei2archive - MyStuff already puts the RT descriptions in (well, it does until I delete them in a tidy up Smile). I'd be reluctant to rely on an undocumented (or this, worse, "documented un") feature.

Snapper wrote:
Or could it be taken further
Whooaaa!!! Let's try step 1 first and see whether I fall over.

Snapper wrote:
Is the above a feature request for MyStuff, a new tap altogether or a flight of fancy, I expect someone will put me in my place and tell me soon enough. Smile
Currently the latter (FoF). Not really intended to be a tap since, as you noted, it's the sort of thing that would probably best be placed within current taps

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.6
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
andyrogers
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2005 Posts: 814
Hi

In my MyStyff EPG screen i have got quite a few programs over the next week on various channels being adjusted by myStuff saying that due to bad EPg data it has manually adjusted the program time.

I have looked at the eit2mei freeview.mei file and the programs times are fine and correct, i hvae even deleted the file and let eit2mei re create my mei file, but still cause problems.

Any ideas anyone???

Thanks

Andy

Firmware: 5.14.09 Patched
AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
Other Taps: Sudoka, mei2archive, mei2eit, snake, meisearch
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Did you check all three components, Start/Finish and Duration?

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
andyrogers
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Hyde

I checked the first 2, but not duration.

The program is an hour, but the duration if 76 mins.

Strange eh. Is this a broadcasting issue then?

It seems to be heppening across several channels bbc, itv, e4.

Ie tonight Ugly Betty on e4 should have started 9-10, but got adjusted to 9:16-10:16. it seems to be the hour programs effected.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks

Andy

AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Hmmm, can't see any such issues with my eit2mei output. Are you merging this data with anything from rt2mei?

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
andyrogers
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I think I may have found another minor bug.

I have got my N&N activation key as "List" and Ext info as "Info".

If I press Info, and then List is activates the Radio/Tv button function.

I can cycle through the different lists then by repeating this.

Andy

chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:55 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
yep sounds like a bug, because List= TV/Radio unless you are running RE. I see you are running RE thewrefore Bob missed coding this Wink I seem to remember we found another instance of this so maybe it is already fixed in 5.21. BTW, should be too long for this now (and I know I said that a week ago!)

CW

moley6knipe
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:30 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
IanMaurice wrote:

There is a strange behaviour when I get past the last channel (or scroll up from BBC1). It shows a group Mystuff+1 logos whith no data. With MyStuff 5.0 used to crash if I went through these. With 5.2 the epg just locks at these locations untill you press fast forward. Can these confusing "channels" be removed and the locking fixed?

You may have some rouge LCN's in your toppy!

I found this the other day, too. When running a MyStuff favourites list that references an LCN that no longer exists on the Toppy, it appears to put in it's stead a MyStuff +1 logo. Check that your MyStuff favourites files are up-to-date

And re: the discussion on scrolling behaviour in the EPG, what's wrong with pressing up and down for moving one line at a time, and << >> for jumping a page at a time? That's the current behaviour, is it not (I'm not behind my Toppy at the moment)?

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:30 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Jul 2006 Posts: 159 Location: City of London
Is there a way to reset "play" info in the archive?

currently if I mistakenly hit "play" on the wrong file it registers as "played" e.g. 10s \ 1hour remaining

I seem to mistakenly hit the wrong file quite often

what I would like to do is clear the "played" status

(perhaps there is something I have missed)

regards

Roga
Steve_48
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:39 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Posts: 260 Location: Willerby, East Yorkshire
Highlight and press STOP x 2; it's in the manual btw...

AutoStart TAPs: MyStuff v6.3 | eit2mei BETA 7.8m3 | TF5000 (LCD) Display TAP 1.51a | TSR Commander 1.5 | PowerManager v2.0 | TapCommander 1.31 Beta 6 | SuperPiP 1.1a | AccurateBM | RecordingFixer
Toys: Samsung 37" HD Freeview, Sony HT-SS500 Amplifier + 5.1 Speakers, Netgear Router, BuffaloNAS 4Tb, Xbox, Wii, PS3
R2-D2
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:06 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
moley6knipe wrote:
And re: the discussion on scrolling behaviour in the EPG, what's wrong with pressing up and down for moving one line at a time, and << >> for jumping a page at a time? That's the current behaviour, is it not (I'm not behind my Toppy at the moment)?

It is, and that's great if you're on BBC1 when you bring up the EPG. But if you like to see the current channel on the EPG when you bring it up you have two choices: Current [puts it at the top, if possible] and Current(M) [puts it in the middle, if possible]. What I'm suggesting is a Current(P) option that shows the current channel in the position it would be in if you'd used >> from the first page of the EPG (starting with BBC1) until you saw it. I suggested how this might be calculated very easily (in comparison with Current(M) anyway!) so I'm sure BobD would be able to implement it if he thinks it would be a useful addition.
sanecyclist
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
moley6knipe wrote:
And re: the discussion on scrolling behaviour in the EPG, what's wrong with pressing up and down for moving one line at a time, and << >> for jumping a page at a time?

The idea was that the same groups of 8 (or 11) channels always appear together on a page. As a result, each channel would always appear in the same position, and with e.g. 40 channels, there'd be only 5 different EPG pages, whereas with the current system there'd be 33.

I and others therefore argue that the paged mode would be easier to navigate than the current line-by-line mode, because you get to recognise more quickly where you are in the EPG.

Obviously this is at least partially a matter of taste, so it would have to be an option.
PaulR
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quote
Hi, I'm using the latest Mystuff and the usual associated TAPs & Bastille F/W.
Not sure if this is coincidence but since version 5.x Mystuff I've had the odd random re-boot. A couple of nights ago was the first I've seen with version 5.2. I was recording 2 programs and at the same time transferring a program to a PC via the slug/ftpd-topfield route when it happened. Before with 5.1 I saw the odd reboot shortly after the toppy was switched on and one when trying to rewind to the start of a program while it was recording (chase play).

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Is there any known 'flakiness' in Bastille F/W or, dare I say it, Mystuff V5.2 or one of the additional taps that might cause this?

Thanks

Paul.