Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  MyStuff 5.2 Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 12 of 15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
mike.hinson
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Arrow Arrow Feature Request Summary

It has been mentioned a few times that a list of feature requests would be useful, so I have been discussing this with a few other people here including CW and we have pulled together a list of feature requests extracted from the MyStuff forum threads.

The list is Wiki based and located here at
http://en.WikiBooks.org/wiki/Topfield_5800/TAP_Groups_EPG/MyStuff/FeatureRequests

Because it is Wiki based that means anyone can edit it so if you do please keep the list as a summary of the feature requests posted on the forum, with a link back to the full posting.

Please have a look at the list before posting any feature requests.

Thanks to the following people who have also been working on this feature list so far:
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Charley
Richard46
chunkywizard

R2-D2
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
chunkywizard wrote:
As stated, your can reorder channels using Favourites instead of TopSet, this is the recommended way (although not appropriate for everyones requirements Wink)

Sorry, I must have missed this, but the new Feature Requests Wiki has this down as a response to my suggestion for a "Current(P)" ("P" for "paged") option for setting D5.

Just want to add that I do know how to use the Favourites setttings and I do have some setup, but I still think the paged view would be useful (for predicatability of the EPG view).
BobD
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4198 Location: Nottingham
ridgeowl wrote:
In the next version of MS could I request the following change:
When switching users could the default channel list for that user be selected. In my experience the currently selected channel list is used. It is not until the Toppy is rebooted that the default channel list for the newly selected user is used.
That is odd, as it should select the right list when you change. In addition, rebooting the Toppy should in fact reset the original user (the first in the user list) with the original channel list. Can you check your Toppy for rogue .lnk files as per another post and see if that fixes it.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
BobD
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quote
mike.hinson wrote:
It has been mentioned a few times that a list of feature requests would be useful, so I have been discussing this with a few other people here including CW and we have pulled together a list of feature requests extracted from the MyStuff forum threads.
Nice! Good work chaps. Now all you need to do is keep it uptodate! I will add a link to this from the MyStuff site. Cheers

Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
R2-D2
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
I can't remember whether the idea of doing something to help tidy up all the half channels (which waste considerable EPG space) got an "official" response or not.

http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=89213#89213
mike.hinson
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quote
BobD wrote:
Nice! Good work chaps. Now all you need to do is keep it uptodate! I will add a link to this from the MyStuff site. Cheers
Hi Bob, Thanks for the support.
I think keeping it up to date will be a doddle because all the possiable features have already been requested & mostly coded. Wink

Could one of the team please comment on the following feature requests as I can't seem to find a response.
andygrunt
Ex_Sailor
andygrunt This one too would benifit from clarification please as Hyde commented (here)then had another idea(here)

Thanks,
/\/\

birdman
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1705 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
BobD wrote:
Based on other problems solved by the following, can you look to see what .lnk files you have left over from 4.54 and delete them? There should be no .lnks in ProgramFiles, for instance.
FWIW - I first installed MyStuff only last month, so started at 5.1. I still ended up with a dat.lnk file in /ProgramFiles/Settings and an msdat.lnk in /ProgramFiles/Settings/MyStuff. So it's not just a hangover from a 4.5x install. Mind you, I wasn't aware of either causing a problem, but I deleted them last night anyway.

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.6
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
BobD
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quote
birdman wrote:
FWIW - I first installed MyStuff only last month, so started at 5.1. I still ended up with a dat.lnk file in /ProgramFiles/Settings and an msdat.lnk in /ProgramFiles/Settings/MyStuff. So it's not just a hangover from a 4.5x install. Mind you, I wasn't aware of either causing a problem, but I deleted them last night anyway.
Yup, and if you look there now, they will both be back again! Those two files are both correct and in the correct place. Its any files outside of /Settings that are wrong. Still, no harm is done by deleting them as the ones MS uses will be recreated.

autopilot
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 193
Think i have found a bug. Most sure if it is known one already, but anyway...

This has happened twice this week and i have never seen it before 5.2; Basically when i was in the MyStuff EPG the Toppy started recording 2 channels. As the Toppy was currently on a channel on a different MUX to the ones about to be recorded, that strangely worded Toppy message popped up saying "check Your reservation" (or something along those lines).
At least, i think it was that message box as it was behind the MyStuff EPG as i could only just make it out. The MS EPG then stopped responding, although i could exit out.
When i exited the the MS EPG, part of the MS EPG was 'stuck' in the middle of the screen where the Toppy's warning message was. The toppy would no long do anything, it was completely unresponsive (channel change, volume, everything etc).

Is this a known bug?
tyreless
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Jun 2005 Posts: 106 Location: Sydney, Australia
I experienced the same bug in the same circumstances as autopilot earlier this week. I am running 5.2 on a 5000PVRt. I could gain control by hitting On/Off and then saying "No" to the pop-up message about ending recordings. However, the Toppy froze that night when it was meant to go to standby (using the "Sleep" button) and displayed the flickering "...." when I hit On/Off the next morning.

tyreless
dlpublic
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:47 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Apr 2006 Posts: 47 Location: West Wiltshire
BobD wrote:
birdman wrote:
Yup, and if you look there now, they will both be back again! Those two files are both correct and in the correct place. Its any files outside of /Settings that are wrong. Still, no harm is done by deleting them as the ones MS uses will be recreated.
But it did clear up my problem with toggling between TV and Radio favourites. I also had no remnants of v4.5x as I had recently deleted all files in /ProgramFiles and done a clean install of all TAPs.

My post on page 11 did not make clear that point.

IanMaurice
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 11 Jul 2005 Posts: 85
R2-D2 wrote:
What I'd like to suggest is a paged view of the list, so you see the EPG with channel indices 0 to 7 if you're on any of those channels, 8 to 15 if you're on any of those, etc.

chunkywizard wrote:
As stated, your can reorder channels using Favourites instead of TopSet, this is the recommended way (although not appropriate for everyones requirements Wink)

CW

I think what is being requested by R2-D2 and others is not a way to re-order or even group channels. That can easily be done using favorites etc.

What I think they are suggesting (and I would agree) is a better scrolling behaviour, so that when you scroll of the bottom of the epg screen you get a whole new batch of channels. Also when you start the epg, the screen shows the screen you would get if you had scrolled down to that channel. This is roughly what the Mystuff EPG does already for the first screenful of channels (since it never shows BBC1 other than at the top of the screen).

I have the EPG set to show the current channel in the middle.
There is a strange behaviour when I get past the last channel (or scroll up from BBC1). It shows a group Mystuff+1 logos whith no data. With MyStuff 5.0 used to crash if I went through these. With 5.2 the epg just locks at these locations untill you press fast forward. Can these confusing "channels" be removed and the locking fixed?
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
IanMaurice wrote:

There is a strange behaviour when I get past the last channel (or scroll up from BBC1). It shows a group Mystuff+1 logos whith no data. With MyStuff 5.0 used to crash if I went through these. With 5.2 the epg just locks at these locations untill you press fast forward. Can these confusing "channels" be removed and the locking fixed?

You may have some rouge LCN's in your toppy! Or have you used OneList TAP? I don't get any of these, my last channel is 303 when i scroll past that it goes to BBC1, admitily it brings up a new page in the EPG rather than scrolling down 1 channel at a time.

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
sanecyclist
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
IanMaurice wrote:
What I think they are suggesting (and I would agree) is a better scrolling behaviour, so that when you scroll of the bottom of the epg screen you get a whole new batch of channels. Also when you start the epg, the screen shows the screen you would get if you had scrolled down to that channel.

Exactly. That's R2D2's idea that I had agreed with (only to then confuse the issue with some unrelated stuff, sorry).
mike.hinson
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote
sanecyclist wrote:
IanMaurice wrote:
What I think they are suggesting (and I would agree) is a better scrolling behaviour, so that when you scroll of the bottom of the epg screen you get a whole new batch of channels. Also when you start the epg, the screen shows the screen you would get if you had scrolled down to that channel.

Exactly. That's R2D2's idea that I had agreed with (only to then confuse the issue with some unrelated stuff, sorry).
Hi,
I think I may have added to the confusion by attributing CW's response to that feature request.
Looks like this is another feature request waiting for a MyStuff team member response.
The original request was posted here & summarised above by Ian
Thanks,
/\/\