Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  MyStuff 5.2 Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 11 of 15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
sanecyclist
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
chunkywizard wrote:
As stated, your can reorder channels using Favourites instead of TopSet, this is the recommended way (although not appropriate for everyones requirements)

Yep, but I do use Favourites to filter out the channels that I don't want in the EPG yet that are still useful, e.g. Teletext or the BBCi channels.
BobD
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:58 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4198 Location: Nottingham
simonc wrote:
1. Pressing record in the CT popup saves changes. Can this be added to the Timer popup?
Whoops, the code for that was already there, but contained a slight error Smile.
Quote:

2. Can the order of Type be changed so that One Time and Weekly are next to each other?
3. Can Weekly be renamed to Every Week: it uses the same terminology as Every Day.
Fair enough on both. How does the order One Time, Every Week, Every Day, Weekdays, Weekends sound?

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
BobD
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quote
maverick wrote:
When manually creating folders from the archive using the green key, would it be possible to make the default name that of the highlighted programme (rather than Folder01). I only ask because I'm using serieslink a lot at the moment and find the current file naming a bit of a pain. Don't know if this request is a bit niche though.
Its been mentioned before so it can't be too niche (unless it was you before too!). I will add to 5.21.

Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
BobD
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quote
PeteY wrote:
I have a feature request (or is it a bug?). In the CT dialog, Search +1s is greyed out unless I select All channels. But why not allow it to take effect if I restrict the CT to E4 or Film4, or even for any individual channel? If there's no +1 counterpart for that channel, it should just make no difference, of course. I realise I could make a favourites list containing only E4 to get +1 searching, but that's not at all handy.
Not a bad idea, though it would require a chance to the meaning of Include +1s. The thing is if you then had a faves list of channels and Include +1 was set, would you expect it to include +1s listed in that list and also +1 versions of other channels in the list? It could get confusing. I would stick with creating a fave list for each of those channel pairs.

BobD
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote
dlpublic wrote:
Good Morning Razz Any further thoughts on the TV/Radio favourites toggling issue from last night?
Based on other problems solved by the following, can you look to see what .lnk files you have left over from 4.54 and delete them? There should be no .lnks in ProgramFiles, for instance.

dlpublic
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Apr 2006 Posts: 47 Location: West Wiltshire
BobD wrote:
dlpublic wrote:
Good Morning Razz Any further thoughts on the TV/Radio favourites toggling issue from last night?
Based on other problems solved by the following, can you look to see what .lnk files you have left over from 4.54 and delete them? There should be no .lnks in ProgramFiles, for instance.

Have just picked up on this from the other MS thread and deleted the duplicated msdat.lnk in the /Settings folder.

It is now remembering the N1 setting between loads, which in turn makes the TV/Radio button toggle between my two defined (i.e. N2 & N3) favourite lists correctly. Many thanks.

PeteY
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Dec 2006 Posts: 164 Location: Lombardy, Italy
BobD wrote:
PeteY wrote:
In the CT dialog, Search +1s is greyed out unless I select All channels. But why not allow it to take effect if I restrict the CT to E4 or Film4, or even for any individual channel?
Not a bad idea, though it would require a chance to the meaning of Include +1s. The thing is if you then had a faves list of channels and Include +1 was set, would you expect it to include +1s listed in that list and also +1 versions of other channels in the list? It could get confusing. I would stick with creating a fave list for each of those channel pairs.

Fair enough, I suppose, but the fact it doesn't work for individual channels is already confusing. I spent quite a while wrestling with it before I realised it just wasn't going to work. In answer to your question, I would just include them, whether explicitly listed or not, if Include +1s was set, and exclude both types otherwise.

BTW, somebody asked if I had the appropriate default set, and I do. At least that works right in this version. :)

simonc
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5618 Location: Cheltenham
BobD wrote:
How does the order One Time, Every Week, Every Day, Weekdays, Weekends sound?
Sounds good.
birdman
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1705 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
Snapper wrote:
I think I won't be the only one looking forward to seeing what you come up with birdman, good luck.
I see what you mean... I decided to have a quick test at parsing and comparing the Freeview.mei and MyStuff.mei (RT) files. So took the first 10 (only) from the Freeview.mei file for Saturday afternoon (so all BBC1). In just those 10 entries:

15:20 RT has BBC News; Regional News; Weather - 10 mins
    Freeview has 5 mins News then 5 mins Local News (sep progs).
    15:50 RT "Six Nations Rugby Union"
    Freeview has "Six Nations Rugby" (and neither had the expected ')
    19:00 RT "Weakest Link"
    Freeview "The Weakest Link"
    2155 RT "BBC News; Weather"
    Freeview "BBC News" (but at least both 20 mins)

So - looks like some fuzzy matching on the title is needed.

One thing I doubt that is possible is checking the description contents. For the Weakest Link mentioned above the RT data had an episode name of "Comedians". The Freeview data has a list of comedians mentioned, but the RT data had a list of different contestants and a description about "celebrities from different backgrounds", which sounds like a different episode! I can't think of anything that can be done about wrong descriptions, though: I'd have to accept what is there...

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.6
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
Kinch
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:07 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 Sep 2006 Posts: 97 Location: Hampshire/Surrey/W.Sussex
Dunno if this is a known bug or not, there are a lot of posts !!!

Whenever i start to record an item, then hit PAUSE, then hit play say 10 mins later, when the programme finishes i am obviously 10 mins behind.
Then the toppy skips forward the 10 mins, meaing i need to rewind back that 10 mins to get where i had got too.

Does this EVERY time.

Is it a know problem ??

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:21 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Aug 2005 Posts: 396 Location: Sandy Heath
I am using 5.2 MS. I went to pause live TV last night and all I got was the now and next at the bottom of the screen which then started to float up the screen? I tried Pausing on the Toppy set up and it was perfect.
Richard46
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
23153927 wrote:
I am using 5.2 MS. I went to pause live TV last night and all I got was the now and next at the bottom of the screen which then started to float up the screen? I tried Pausing on the Toppy set up and it was perfect.

Its a sceen saver; its is supposed to do that; you can turn it off in the Menu I think, if you dont like it.

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
sanecyclist
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:33 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
Kinch wrote:
Whenever i start to record an item, then hit PAUSE, then hit play say 10 mins later, when the programme finishes i am obviously 10 mins behind. Then the toppy skips forward the 10 mins, meaing i need to rewind back that 10 mins to get where i had got too.

It's a well-known and rather annoying firmware bug.
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:02 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Aug 2005 Posts: 396 Location: Sandy Heath
Richard46 wrote:
23153927 wrote:

Its a sceen saver; its is supposed to do that; you can turn it off in the Menu I think, if you dont like it.

Richard

Thanks for that Richard. The setting somehow got changed, I have now set it to off and all is well.
mike.hinson
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Sorry, but who wants to post at the bottom of the page?
no one ever looks there Sad