Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  MyStuff 5.2 Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 10 of 15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
mr-b
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 04 May 2006 Posts: 641 Location: Warks - Sutton Coldfield tx
Ok - tx for confirming my config wasn't out of whack.
Up with whack, that's what I say. Smile

TAPs: PcControl B1.3; Macro V1.12; QuickJump 1.72; Extend v1.7; EPG2MEI v0.96; TF5000 Display v1.53; TAP Commander 1.34; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5; MHEG Control B2.1; Font Manager 1.0d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 25/9/13
mike.hinson
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Hi, Thanks for replies re CT searching time,
I have just been doing trials with my stopwatch & I find a huge variation in the time for a full CT scan for my 49 CTs. Quickest was about 9 seconds & longest was 27 seconds (the long one seems more common).

The Toppy is in use at the moment but I will try later & see if I can spot a pattern as to what makes slow or fast searches, unless this is already known?

I would be curious to know how long other people are seeing it take, so far we have:
    Me:------------- 49CTs ---- 9 to 27secs (almost all CTs constrained to single chan)
    Ugly--Kid--Joe: 137CTs -- 15secs

Thanks,
/\/\

chunkywizard
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:07 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9287 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
It's very variable depending on how refined your searches are. Are yours set to All Channels, Fav Lists or single channels?

CW

p.s. haven't forgotten about the wiki stuff, it's next on my list...

mike.hinson
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Hi CW,
I have 50 CTs now & 14 are set for all channels, the rest are single channels.

I have found that the search is quicker if I select "Save (Search All)" from the CT Dialog box than if I exit the CT list either by pressing escape or using the arrows to move to a different view.

The timings are a bit variable but roughly
16secs --> using "Save (Search All)"
26secs --> using arrows to navigate to a different view
36secs --> pressing exit (but this includes some hard disk activity too)

Looks like a work round to save time is to always use "Save (Search All)" before leaving the CT list.

I would be most thankful for any optimisation in this area as I just love things to be quick? can?t think of any better reason why Bob should spend hours coding to save me a few seconds.. Wink
/\/\ PS, see you in Wiki land

sanecyclist
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
For me the CT search takes about 7 seconds, no matter which way it's invoked. That's with 17 CTs, all but three channel-specific, most 24-7.
chunkywizard
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:40 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9287 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Just timed mine, I have 41 (6 off, but these still count) and it took 6 secs. Nearly all mine are refined...

CW

d2mac
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote
FYI about not supported FW TF5100PVR-MP-Topfield-Sys_1466-2007Jan10.tfd

Compared to 5.1 all displays are flashing badly.
Additionally:
-EPG lines' texts aren't on correct columns. Also highlight line (which shows current channel) is shown with the ghost (2nd highlight line few lines lower but not as clear one as the actual line)
-Setting menu texts gets messy. When scrolling the menu previous line isn't cleaned but new text is drawn top of previous one.
ridgeowl
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 24 May 2005 Posts: 58 Location: Salisbury
In the next version of MS could I request the following change:
When switching users could the default channel list for that user be selected. In my experience the currently selected channel list is used. It is not until the Toppy is rebooted that the default channel list for the newly selected user is used.

Like many others I think MS is great and makes the Toppy an unbeatable PVR. I will be making a donation shortly.
maverick
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Posts: 602 Location: Tunbridge Wells
Quick feature request.

When manually creating folders from the archive using the green key, would it be possible to make the default name that of the highlighted programme (rather than Folder01). I only ask because I'm using serieslink a lot at the moment and find the current file naming a bit of a pain. Don't know if this request is a bit niche though.

Mav.

simonc
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5618 Location: Cheltenham
And a couple more, both in the Timer popup:
1. Pressing record in the CT popup saves changes. Can this be added to the Timer popup?
2. Can the order of Type be changed so that One Time and Weekly are next to each other?
3. Can Weekly be renamed to Every Week: it uses the same terminology as Every Day.
PeteY
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:01 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Dec 2006 Posts: 164 Location: Lombardy, Italy
Hi,

I have a feature request (or is it a bug?). In the CT dialog, Search +1s is greyed out unless I select All channels. But why not allow it to take effect if I restrict the CT to E4 or Film4, or even for any individual channel? If there's no +1 counterpart for that channel, it should just make no difference, of course. I realise I could make a favourites list containing only E4 to get +1 searching, but that's not at all handy.

The reason I want it is I can then get a bit of latitude about what time I record the program, and use exclude to record only one of a selection of showings.

R2-D2
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:22 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
Now that I've got v5.2 running properly (and I love the new features -- especially the silent hard disk!), can I make a feature request? At the moment you can choose "Current(M)" to bring up the EPG centered (roughly) on the current channel. Probably code something like taking the current channel index C in the favourites list, EPG size N (rows) and showing channel indices (C-N/2+1) to (C+N/2) in the EPG (bounded appropriately).

What I'd like to suggest is a paged view of the list, so you see the EPG with channel indices 0 to 7 if you're on any of those channels, 8 to 15 if you're on any of those, etc. With code something like: show channel indices (floor(C/N)*N) to (floor(C/N)*N+N-1).

The benefit is relatively few EPG channel arrangements are presented to the user, making it more predictable. And you could neatly group your channels into suitable themed pages-- i.e., kids channels for when watching with them, entertainment channels for when watching with the OH, and other channels for when desperate to just watch any old rubbish Smile.
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:33 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
PeteY wrote:
Hi,

I have a feature request (or is it a bug?). In the CT dialog, Search +1s is greyed out unless I select All channels. But why not allow it to take effect if I restrict the CT to E4 or Film4, or even for any individual channel? If there's no +1 counterpart for that channel, it should just make no difference, of course. I realise I could make a favourites list containing only E4 to get +1 searching, but that's not at all handy.

The reason I want it is I can then get a bit of latitude about what time I record the program, and use exclude to record only one of a selection of showings.

There is a setting in the MyStuff settings under timer (i think) to search +1's or not, have you got this turned off?

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
sanecyclist
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
R2-D2 wrote:
What I'd like to suggest is a paged view of the list, so you see the EPG with channel indices 0 to 7 if you're on any of those channels, 8 to 15 if you're on any of those, etc.

Hey, I was gonna suggest that. Smile

Like you say, having only a small number of therefore more easily recognised views (especially with the channel logos since 5.0) would make it slightly easier to find your way around the EPG grid.

I've actually sorted the channels into pages like you suggest and also renumbered them accordingly using Topset, i.e. channels 1 to 8 on the first page, 11 to 18 on the second, 21 to 28 on the third, ... .
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:56 am Reply with quote
As stated, your can reorder channels using Favourites instead of TopSet, this is the recommended way (although not appropriate for everyones requirements Wink)

CW