Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  MyStuff 5.2 Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 9 of 15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Rich_Enduro
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 May 2006 Posts: 133 Location: UK
just wondering if their's any logic to the MyStuff version number? what i mean is, it would be helpfull to know when an update is to fix minor bugs or whether the update is for additional features? for example v4.54e what was this telling us? its obvious the update from version 4 to version 5 was a major change but can we tell from the other numbers if its an optional extra/enhancement or a bug fix?
this would be helpful to know because i don't have a laptop and dragging the Toppy upstairs is a bit of a pain. i was using ms5.1 without a problem but after updating to v5.2 i seem to have caused myself some aggravation! wish i hadn't bothered so quickly now!
chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9287 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
X.YZa

X=Major Feature upgrade
Y=Minor Feature upgrade
Z=bug fix and really minor feature upgrade
a=tweak

well thats the gist anyway. Y features are noted in the manual at the beginning.

HTH

CW

Rich_Enduro
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 May 2006 Posts: 133 Location: UK
chunkywizard wrote:
X.YZa

X=Major Feature upgrade
Y=Minor Feature upgrade
Z=bug fix and really minor feature upgrade
a=tweak

well thats the gist anyway. Y features are noted in the manual at the beginning.

HTH

CW

thanks for that. very helpful Very Happy
birdman
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1676 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
Snapper wrote:

I do see where your coming from, but I don't think the creation of the combined 'RT detailed' and 'up to date freeview' .mei file is going to be straight forward, as it would have to be recreated on the toppy every hour of so to pick up any changes in the broadcast epg.
That's what I thought. But then eit2mei is producing an mei file on the Toppy, so that side isn't impossible. It's just the logic of the merge that needs to be sorted out, and I'll (try to) do that in Perl on my PC, then translate the logic to suitable C code (whatever "suitable" may be Confused).

I'll see what I can come up with...

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.5
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
Snapper
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 31 Jan 2007 Posts: 42
birdman wrote:
That's what I thought. But then eit2mei is producing an mei file on the Toppy, so that side isn't impossible. It's just the logic of the merge that needs to be sorted out, and I'll (try to) do that in Perl on my PC, then translate the logic to suitable C code (whatever "suitable" may be Confused).

I'll see what I can come up with...

I think I won't be the only one looking forward to seeing what you come up with birdman, good luck.

TAPs: EIT Sub SnG; Deselect; mei2archive BETA 3.8l7; Font Manager 1.0; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 5.62c; TF5000 Display v1.53; MHEG Control B1; eit2mei BETA 7.8m6; Tap Launcher 3.9; Surfer v0.14; Extend v1.6h;
mike.hinson
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
andygrunt wrote:
A minor tweak request...

When I open the EPG, select Channel 4 (for example) and press 'right' repeatedly, I get an effect I'd rather not. On some shows the screen doesn't scroll enough to the right to show the programme's 'bar'. For example, at the moment (I guess it'll change later tonight), if I do as described, the 'Friday Night Project' first shows up as a sliver on the extreme right of the screen rather than the whole 'bar' of the programme being displayed. If I continue on, 'The Album Chart Show' also gives the same effect.

Wouldn't it be better to scroll the screen enough to show the whole 'bar'?

In case it's relevant, I have option D2 set to '11/Small' and D3 to '3 hrs'
Hi,
Isn't this behaviour because the right arrow is scrolling the whole EPG, not just the channel you have selected?

If the channel selected had a very long programme, with your suggested change the scroll would move so far ahead that whole programmes on other channels would be missed. Is your request for an additional new type of scrolling or am I missing something?

andygrunt
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 401 Location: Bristol, UK
mike.hinson wrote:
Hi,
Isn't this behaviour because the right arrow is scrolling the whole EPG, not just the channel you have selected?

If the channel selected had a very long programme, with your suggested change the scroll would move so far ahead that whole programmes on other channels would be missed. Is your request for an additional new type of scrolling or am I missing something?

You might be right about it behaving like this because of the other channels. I made the suggestion based on my own experience of scrolling along to see what was on one channel (as I often do). There's always the option to press blue to scroll the whole window along. I don't tend to do this when looking at one channel as I find I lose the thread of what's on after what.

I think there's a limit on programme name size as I've often seen the name completed within the description text so I don't think that would be a problem (unless someone can correct me). It did occur to me after posting that some programme 'bars' are very long (i.e. when a channel is off air) so instead of scrolling along to show a whole bar, maybe it would be better to scroll along to show the whole name (assuming I'm right and they don't get too long).

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Rich_Enduro wrote:
...i was using ms5.1 without a problem but after updating to v5.2 i seem to have caused myself some aggravation! wish i hadn't bothered so quickly now!
Hi,
The bugs list on 5.2 looks fairly minor, especially as radio support is so new. Was there something else you found?

I agree it would be nice to see a bug fixed version of each main release, even if that meant waiting a bit longer for new features. I think this would be particularly agreeable to the people who install MS on Toppys for friends and relatives where stability is more important than features.

Thanks,
/\/\

mr-b
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 04 May 2006 Posts: 641 Location: Warks - Sutton Coldfield tx
BobD wrote:
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
mr-b wrote:
Also MS never used to do this - can we revert to simple predictable behaviour please? Smile
Or (shudder) YANO.

MS has always done this, for me anyway from about v4.5 or possibly before.
Agreed. This has been in MS for a long time I think (though I could be confused, I see so many versions - way more than anyone else Smile)

RE: Info in Playback mode showing the live programme info on the 2nd press - I just checked with a friend's box on 4.54d and it definitely does not show the live prog info after the current playback info. A 2nd press does nothing since the toggle option wasn't present in 4.54 (you had to press Exit to clear the page).

Now in 5.2, option C2 controls what is seen on the 2nd Info press - and even if it set to Off, the current live prog info is displayed.

Also the above behaviour change isn't documented in the manual which says of N&N "It displays information on what is being viewed and a configurable number of following programmes".

So can the C2 option Off really mean Off with another option choice if ppl want to see live info during playback?

TAPs: PcControl B1.3; Macro V1.12; QuickJump 1.72; Extend v1.7; EPG2MEI v0.96; TF5000 Display v1.53; TAP Commander 1.34; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5; MHEG Control B2.1; Font Manager 1.0d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 25/9/13
mike.hinson
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:08 pm Reply with quote
mike.hinson wrote:
...it would be nice to see a bug fixed version of each main release, even if that meant waiting a bit longer for new features...
Hi,
I am just posting again to disagree with myself. I think I must have been in a work mode & worrying about long term costs of support & stuff.

To be honest I just enjoy the new features & the bugs.

Idea Idea New feature request Idea Idea
I have a problem more than a suggestion, this is what I typically do at the moment:
    view CT by priority & change the order
    see a CT that could be optimised & go to the timer view to see what channel it is on
    wait 25 seconds for CTs to search
    change channel for CT then think what days is it on and go to timer view
    change channel for CT then think what time is it on and go to the timer view

I know I could write it down, but I tend to be resistant to the use of pen & paper & don't have the short term memory to remember channel, day & time for even one program.

I have 49 CTs at the moment & three quarters of them could do with optimising which if I did it as inefficiently as described above would take longer than my maximum attention span.

The new "save & search only this CT" feature is a good help to me already, but it has whetted my appetite for more streamlining of CT tuning & editing tasks.

Is 49 CTs too many, they are almost all in active use.

I think Bob said his full CT search time is about halved with 5.2 my search time seems exactly the same between 5.0 & 5.2

Can we have a feature that lets us mess about with CTs & only does the searching part when we have gone to make tea please.
(Happy to make the tea myself, no need for MS to do that in this version Wink )

/\/\

Richard46
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
mr-b wrote:
in 5.2, option C2 controls what is seen on the 2nd Info press - and even if it set to Off, the current live prog info is displayed.

Also the above behaviour change isn't documented in the manual which says of N&N "It displays information on what is being viewed and a configurable number of following programmes".

So can the C2 option Off really mean Off with another option choice if ppl want to see live info during playback?

I have C2 set to off and that is what I get; info box cleared on second press of Info.
Odd

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:15 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
mike.hinson wrote:
Is 49 CTs too many, they are almost all in active use.

/\/\

Nope 49 isnt to many, I have 137 CT's but mine don't take 25 secs to rescan, only about 15 at most.

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
chunkywizard
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:21 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9287 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
When you get about 75-100 we recommend narrowing down the channels they search on and possibly the days to reduce memory load. Apart from that you should be fine.

CW

mr-b
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 04 May 2006 Posts: 641 Location: Warks - Sutton Coldfield tx
Richard46 wrote:
mr-b wrote:
in 5.2, option C2 controls what is seen on the 2nd Info press - and even if it set to Off, the current live prog info is displayed.

I have C2 set to off and that is what I get; info box cleared on second press of Info.
Odd

Richard
Odd indeed. So just to clarify this, you have C1= Normal, C2-4 = Off and during playback of a prog you press Info once - see the prog info - press Info again and the Info clears?

TAPs: PcControl B1.3; Macro V1.12; QuickJump 1.72; Extend v1.7; EPG2MEI v0.96; TF5000 Display v1.53; TAP Commander 1.34; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5; MHEG Control B2.1; Font Manager 1.0d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 25/9/13
Richard46
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
mr-b wrote:
Odd indeed. So just to clarify this, you have C1= Normal, C2-4 = Off and during playback of a prog you press Info once - see the prog info - press Info again and the Info clears?

Sorry mr-b you are quite right; I must have been watching live. Personally does not bother me; but C2 should work consistenly on both live and record.

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace