Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  MyStuff 5.2 Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 8 of 15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
digital
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
To speed up the process in the future, you could export your MyStuff settings, which creates a .txt file then print it out. Then you can fly through each section Smile

One of those things that you know it's there but don't bother doing until it's too late. A bit like hard disc backups!

Now done!

I don't suppose I can extract the same information from the copy of Auto Start that I made prior to the reset?

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
Snapper
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 31 Jan 2007 Posts: 42
birdman wrote:
Snapper wrote:
What could work would be for you to have both Freeview.mei and RT Mystuff.mei on your Toppy, and for Mystuff to use the Freeview.mei for the first two or three days of the EPG schedule and the RT Mystuff.mei for the rest. Something for the next version of MyStuff maybe, along with joining of consecutive timers please.

I doubt that is what I want, as that will leave me with the (limited) Freeview info for current programs and all recordings (won't it?). The idea is to have the extended RT descriptions, ratings etc. on these.

Check out this post by DX to how he envisioned the Merge function of eit2mei being used.

http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=71578&highlight=merge#71578

I do see where your coming from, but I don't think the creation of the combined 'RT detailed' and 'up to date freeview' .mei file is going to be straight forward, as it would have to be recreated on the toppy every hour of so to pick up any changes in the broadcast epg.

5800 black Panther 250gb Sept06 firmware. Auto Start: Description Extender, Remote Extender, Improbox2.1 RC10, Media Manager 1.3d, MyStuff 5.1, mei2archive, EPG Navigator. Other Taps: recFixer, Tap Commander, UK OzSurfer, meiSearch.

Last edited by Snapper on Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
BobD
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4189 Location: Nottingham
dlpublic wrote:
Good Morning Razz Any further thoughts on the TV/Radio favourites toggling issue from last night?
Nope! It all seems to work for me, and I think for everyone else (as long as N1 is not All Tv or All Radio). Have you tried this with no other taps running but MS (just in case!)? Are you the only user on your Toppy or do you have MS multi-user support enabled?

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
Snapper
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 31 Jan 2007 Posts: 42
sanecyclist wrote:
Snapper wrote:
The merging of same channel consecutive timers into one timer.

A global menu setting for manual timers set in the EPG could give three choices, 'never' merge timers, 'always' merge timers and 'ask', which would generate a dialog much like that in EPG Navigator, asking the user whether to keep the timers separate or merge them. A global menu setting for CT timers could only realistically have two options 'never' and 'always'.

I agree this would be worth copying from EPG Navigator.

Also, MyStuff occasionally manages to set overlapping timers on the same channel, but that seems to be entirely unpredictable, and I haven't seen it recently. Could that be worth investigating again?

Otherwise, here's another suggestion. Programs on the commercial channels almost always finish a few minutes early to fit in some adverts, but the next program than still often starts a minute early. On the BBC it's somewhat similar with all the trailers and previews. Therefore it would make sense to split consecutive programs at e.g. 20:59 rather than 21:00. So how about an option for that, e.g. "Split offset"?

Yes, that could work too. At least you determine which of the two recordings you would like to have the best chance of being complete.
I would still prefer to make one recording with both programs on it, then split them later with Media Manager's Stop Menu editing functions, and then edit the name and header info with mei2archive if need be.

5800 black Panther 250gb Sept06 firmware. Auto Start: Description Extender, Remote Extender, Improbox2.1 RC10, Media Manager 1.3d, MyStuff 5.1, mei2archive, EPG Navigator. Other Taps: recFixer, Tap Commander, UK OzSurfer, meiSearch.

Last edited by Snapper on Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
paulb
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 22 Nov 2005 Posts: 131
I have found that if I set a timer that is due to kick in less than ten or fifteen minutes after it is set, and then switch off the box, then it frequently doesn't switch on again. It is difficult to specify how soon before required the timer must be set for it to reliably switch on, and sometimes it appears to work fine even when set five minutes before needed. I suspect this is linked to Mystuff because if I drop down to the Toppy guide or use the Toppy menu to set a timer it will always switch on under these circumstances. (Could it have anything to do with how frequently the EPG data is reloaded?)

Paul B
BobD
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:02 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4189 Location: Nottingham
paulb wrote:
I have found that if I set a timer that is due to kick in less than ten or fifteen minutes after it is set, and then switch off the box, then it frequently doesn't switch on again. It is difficult to specify how soon before required the timer must be set for it to reliably switch on, and sometimes it appears to work fine even when set five minutes before needed. ... (Could it have anything to do with how frequently the EPG data is reloaded?)
Are you sure it isnt switching on again, rather than switching on but not firing the timer (ie have you watched it, or are you judging by whats get recorded)? It could be connected to the length of time it takes MS to start, perhaps. There is a known (but never really tracked down) Toppy bug about not waking up for timers.

Quote:
I suspect this is linked to Mystuff because if I drop down to the Toppy guide or use the Toppy menu to set a timer it will always switch on under these circumstances.
Do you mean that if you set the timer via the normal toppy ui but still with MyStuff running that it works, or that you need to close MS down first? And is MS in AutoStart?

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
paulb
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 22 Nov 2005 Posts: 131
Quote:
Are you sure it isnt switching on again, rather than switching on but not firing the timer (ie have you watched it, or are you judging by whats get recorded)? It could be connected to the length of time it takes MS to start, perhaps. There is a known (but never really tracked down) Toppy bug about not waking up for timers.

No, it isn't switching on. I've just done some tests, watching to see what happened. I've also seen it switch on but not record a very short (5 minute) recording set with the Toppy timer setting. I assume this latter is a result of MyStuff not finding the recording aligned with any programme (it wasn't).

Quote:
Do you mean that if you set the timer via the normal toppy ui but still with MyStuff running that it works, or that you need to close MS down first? And is MS in AutoStart?

Yes, MyStuff is still running. However I did find while trying to identify what was happening that if I set a timer with the Toppy Timer setting, but then called up the MuStuff Timer list before switching off, the machine did not, then switch on. When I switched it on manually, it started to record.

MyStuff is in Autostart

Paul B
sanecyclist
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
A small issue with the manual: unnamed and empty chapters numbered as "1." appear in the bookmarks between chapters 6 and 14.
dlpublic
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Apr 2006 Posts: 47 Location: West Wiltshire
BobD wrote:
Have you tried this with no other taps running but MS (just in case!)?

yes!

BobD wrote:
Are you the only user on your Toppy or do you have MS multi-user support enabled?

yes and no respectively!

Crying or Very sad

chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
sanecyclist wrote:
A small issue with the manual: unnamed and empty chapters numbered as "1." appear in the bookmarks between chapters 6 and 14.

Thanks for the report I will look into it...

CW

chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
dlpublic wrote:
BobD wrote:
Have you tried this with no other taps running but MS (just in case!)?

yes!

BobD wrote:
Are you the only user on your Toppy or do you have MS multi-user support enabled?

yes and no respectively!

Crying or Very sad

Are you stable now? The crash on skins could be due to a corruption on one of them, try deleting the offending one and see if that helps,

CW

lump
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 20 Sep 2005 Posts: 70 Location: Melksham Wiltshire
lump wrote:
Hello,

I've run onelist and now have a mix of TV and psuedo radio channels in my MyStuff favourites list.

If I reboot my toppy whilst tuned to a psuedo radio channel, it gets into a constant reboot cycle. If I reboot whilst on a TV channel all is fine.

I've deleted all the native radio channels.

Taps in Auto Start as in my signature. Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Lump.

Hello,

Anyone else experiencing this?

Regards,

Lump.

andygrunt
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 401 Location: Bristol, UK
A minor tweak request...

When I open the EPG, select Channel 4 (for example) and press 'right' repeatedly, I get an effect I'd rather not. On some shows the screen doesn't scroll enough to the right to show the programme's 'bar'. For example, at the moment (I guess it'll change later tonight), if I do as described, the 'Friday Night Project' first shows up as a sliver on the extreme right of the screen rather than the whole 'bar' of the programme being displayed. If I continue on, 'The Album Chart Show' also gives the same effect.

Wouldn't it be better to scroll the screen enough to show the whole 'bar'?

In case it's relevant, I have option D2 set to '11/Small' and D3 to '3 hrs'

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3463 Location: Maldon Essex
lump wrote:
lump wrote:
Hello,

I've run onelist and now have a mix of TV and psuedo radio channels in my MyStuff favourites list.

If I reboot my toppy whilst tuned to a psuedo radio channel, it gets into a constant reboot cycle. If I reboot whilst on a TV channel all is fine.

I've deleted all the native radio channels.

Taps in Auto Start as in my signature. Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Lump.

Hello,

Anyone else experiencing this?

Regards,

Lump.

Does this still happen if you stop all TAPs loading? If not, which TAP causes the problems. You appear to be running 2 versions of RE according to your signature - might be the problem if correct.
lump
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 20 Sep 2005 Posts: 70 Location: Melksham Wiltshire
EMJB wrote:

Does this still happen if you stop all TAPs loading? If not, which TAP causes the problems. You appear to be running 2 versions of RE according to your signature - might be the problem if correct.

Thanks, looks as though the culprite was Super PiP.

Regards,

Lump.