Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  MyStuff 5.2 Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 7 of 15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
BobD
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4189 Location: Nottingham
simonc wrote:
My wife has found an undesirable feature if you've still got normal radio channels. MyStuff grabs TV/Radio even when the Toppy is in radio mode, but it won't show the EPG or N&N to allow you to switch back to TV mode.

A workaround is to bring up the native channel list with OK and TV/Radio from there, but no everyone is as willing to stab keys randomly!
N4 should sort this out for you. That was the plan anyway!

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
birdman
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1681 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
Snapper wrote:
What could work would be for you to have both Freeview.mei and RT Mystuff.mei on your Toppy, and for Mystuff to use the Freeview.mei for the first two or three days of the EPG schedule and the RT Mystuff.mei for the rest. Something for the next version of MyStuff maybe, along with joining of consecutive timers please.

I doubt that is what I want, as that will leave me with the (limited) Freeview info for current programs and all recordings (won't it?). The idea is to have the extended RT descriptions, ratings etc. on these.

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.5
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
simonc
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5618 Location: Cheltenham
Cheers, Bob. No more baffled wife now Wink
autopilot
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 193
chunkywizard wrote:
autopilot wrote:
sanecyclist wrote:
autopilot wrote:
I would love to see a settings page for altering colours, rather than having to use skins when they are basically just a small text file with a few colour codes.

Have a look at these:

Skin Builder
Skin Manager

I know, but i would rather be able to edit them with MyStuff. Would not have to be anything fancy, just the ability to enter the colour values for each element.

Not a major concern, just adding my 10p worth really.

Hi there,

bellissimo has a TAP for doing this that means you can edit them on the Toppy, what's wrong with that?

CW

Nothing, i just did not realise that it existed. Thanks for the info Smile
TerminalMan
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:27 am Reply with quote
Hi

I have a problem/ Everytime I press the power button on my controller, the "Closing Down" message appears briefly, I see the four dots on the toppy, then it shutsdown. On poerwing back up, I get the "Verifying Folders" message . This is happening 100% of the time - even when not recording anything.

The only taps loaded are MeiSearch 0.97 beta, Power Restore V0.7.3, Remote Extender MHEG 1.4, eit2mei beta 7.8, description extender 2.1 and mystuff 5.2

As I say, this is happening every time I do a power off.

Thanks for any help.
chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:43 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9298 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
birdman wrote:
Snapper wrote:
What could work would be for you to have both Freeview.mei and RT Mystuff.mei on your Toppy, and for Mystuff to use the Freeview.mei for the first two or three days of the EPG schedule and the RT Mystuff.mei for the rest. Something for the next version of MyStuff maybe, along with joining of consecutive timers please.

I doubt that is what I want, as that will leave me with the (limited) Freeview info for current programs and all recordings (won't it?). The idea is to have the extended RT descriptions, ratings etc. on these.

Using MergeMEI in eit2mei then the MyStuff.mei info takes priority so this won't happen.

CW

chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:45 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9298 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
TerminalMan wrote:
Hi

I have a problem/ Everytime I press the power button on my controller, the "Closing Down" message appears briefly, I see the four dots on the toppy, then it shutsdown. On poerwing back up, I get the "Verifying Folders" message . This is happening 100% of the time - even when not recording anything.

The only taps loaded are MeiSearch 0.97 beta, Power Restore V0.7.3, Remote Extender MHEG 1.4, eit2mei beta 7.8, description extender 2.1 and mystuff 5.2

Thanks for any help.

What is your PowerOff settings (M6 IIRC)? Also what does PowerRestore do? If you are only running MS do it still do it? Note there is a known bug on 5.2 that if the have M6 = Off then you can not close down the toppy. This will be fixed in 5.21

HTH

CW

TerminalMan
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:54 am Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
TerminalMan wrote:
Hi

Thanks for any help.

What is your PowerOff settings (M6 IIRC)? Also what does PowerRestore do? If you are only running MS do it still do it? Note there is a known bug on 5.2 that if the have M6 = Off then you can not close down the toppy. This will be fixed in 5.21

HTH

CW

Thanks for the quick answer. Just after posting I tried restarting with no taps and still crashes when shutting down so basically nothing to do with Mystuff. I pulled the plug and restarted and all seems OK now. Apologies for thinking it was MyStuff related - I should have known better!!!
BobD
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:58 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4189 Location: Nottingham
chunkywizard wrote:
Note there is a known bug on 5.2 that if the have M6 = Off then you can not close down the toppy. This will be fixed in 5.21
Just to clarify this bug, if you start MS with M6=Off then everything should be fine. Its only if you start it with M6 On (Quick or Verbose) and then change it to Off that it then stops working (til your next reboot)

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
dlpublic
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Apr 2006 Posts: 47 Location: West Wiltshire
BobD,

Good Morning Razz Any further thoughts on the TV/Radio favourites toggling issue from last night?

mr-b
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:26 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 04 May 2006 Posts: 641 Location: Warks - Sutton Coldfield tx
RE: "Verifying Folders" on power on.

I got the exact same symptoms too after upgrading to MS 5.2 and the bundled eit2mei 7.8 (I don't have PowerRestore). It happened a few times and then just went away without me changing anything. M6 = default (Verbose).

Guess I'll log it in the eit2mei thread just in case (such is the downside of changing multiple things at once!) since I did have an initial problem with gaps in the EPG after upgrade.

TAPs: PcControl B1.3; Macro V1.12; QuickJump 1.72; Extend v1.7; EPG2MEI v0.96; TF5000 Display v1.53; TAP Commander 1.34; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5; MHEG Control B2.1; Font Manager 1.0d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 25/9/13
sanecyclist
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:32 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
Snapper wrote:
The merging of same channel consecutive timers into one timer.

A global menu setting for manual timers set in the EPG could give three choices, 'never' merge timers, 'always' merge timers and 'ask', which would generate a dialog much like that in EPG Navigator, asking the user whether to keep the timers separate or merge them. A global menu setting for CT timers could only realistically have two options 'never' and 'always'.

I agree this would be worth copying from EPG Navigator.

Also, MyStuff occasionally manages to set overlapping timers on the same channel, but that seems to be entirely unpredictable, and I haven't seen it recently. Could that be worth investigating again?

Otherwise, here's another suggestion. Programs on the commercial channels almost always finish a few minutes early to fit in some adverts, but the next program than still often starts a minute early. On the BBC it's somewhat similar with all the trailers and previews. Therefore it would make sense to split consecutive programs at e.g. 20:59 rather than 21:00. So how about an option for that, e.g. "Split offset"?
digital
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:38 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
digital wrote:
chunkywizard wrote:
try booting with only MS in Auto Start, does it still crash?

CW

OK, done that but it still goes straight to the Toppy Menu and won't come out. I can move around the menu structure but can't get out of it. The programme window in the top right of the Menu window is blank.

For the sake of completeness...

In the state I describe above, the Toppy was totally unusable. So after two factory resets and channel scans, and after carefully loading TAPs, skins, CTs, Favourite lists back onto the box I *seem* to have a stable system. Now I'm just working my way through MyStuff's menu to get things back as they were.

The second reset was necessary as the box got stuck in the Toppy Menu again after I loaded everything back on all in one go. I suspect that one of the .lnk files I reloaded might have been corrrupt as I didn't reload them the second time.

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
digital
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:42 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
digital wrote:
Now I'm just working my way through MyStuff's menu to get things back as they were.

And I've managed to crash the box by working my way through the list of 27 skins by repeatedly pressing the right arrow key. I got to around number 25 when it rebooted. Trying this again after the reboot and moving through a couple of skins using the left arrow key produced another reboot.

Seems OK now after I tiptoed along to number 4 on the right!

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
digital wrote:
Now I'm just working my way through MyStuff's menu to get things back as they were.

To speed up the process in the future, you could export your MyStuff settings, which creates a .txt file then print it out. Then you can fly through each section Smile

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote