Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  MyStuff 5.2 Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 4 of 15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi R2,

it might take some time to sort its self out, but try it for a while and then post in the eit2mei thread if you have problems, o.k.?

CW

BobD
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:11 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4179 Location: Nottingham
sanecyclist wrote:
Strangely though, while "All TV.mcl" knocked out the automatic TV list, "All Radio.mcl" didn't override the radio list. I had double-checked the spelling, perhaps you could have a quick look on your side?
hee hee whoops! Easy fix for 5.21 there.

Quote:
Does that mean it would just be as bad as ever or even worse?
It would revert to being the same as in 5.1 for radio jumping.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
BeepHonkBeep
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:20 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2006 Posts: 289
Hi guys

Thanks for the latest installment - I've now got radio in MS working Smile

On upgrading to 5.2 I've noticed a minor cosmetic glitch in the EPG that I've never noticed before, there are little blocks at each end of the EPG which are about half the height of each row, but centered (vertically) at the beginning and end of each row.

I don't know if they show up as a result of my colour scheme or settings (8 rows displayed).

As I said, minor.

Ta

BhB

Other: WSS killer 2.10c |HDD Info 2.0 |Channel Manager 5.1 |Signal Monitor 0.52
simonc
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:22 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5617 Location: Cheltenham
@Bob
Nice work with 5.2. I really like the lack of HDD access to view the MyStuff screens. It really flies now!

@Beep
That's the continued programme blob!
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
@Beep see option D4....

CW

BeepHonkBeep
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:29 am Reply with quote
simonc wrote:

@Beep
That's the continued programme blob!

Thanks Simonc

I had scanned the manual and didn't see it in any of the screenies re interface.

On re-examination I do see them on a screen shot on p44

Guess I'll tweak my colour scheme to make them disappear.
*edit or investigate D4 Smile /edit*

Ta

BhB

Bawbagg
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:31 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
BeepHonkBeep wrote:
Why not just switch them off??

BeepHonkBeep
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:36 am Reply with quote
Bawbagg wrote:
BeepHonkBeep wrote:
Why not just switch them off??

Will do now - I didn't have them on before, just changed the tap and altered no settings to turn them on, they just appeared, so I thought it was a graphical glitch.

I had quickly scanned the screenshots in the manual to see if they were a new feature, but the screenshot for the EPG doesn't show them, though later in the manual they do show up.

Anyway - I will be turning them off.

Ta for everyones help

BhB

Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:44 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
Would it be viable to make the MyStuff threads a Sticky, so they are at the top of the page, as I can see them drifting apart, then people wont be bothered to post in the correct thread just in the one they first come accross.

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
Snapper
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 31 Jan 2007 Posts: 42
chunkywizard wrote:
R2-D2 wrote:
birdman wrote:
So I was wondering about the possibility of running a tap (or getting the code in MyStuff) which combined the RT data with the Freeview EPG data. It would use the Freeview timings for the next 48 hours or so (configurable?), but get the descriptions from the RT data, and for all later data would use the RT data (or Freeview, if the RT data is absent, e.g. Bid TV).

That is an excellent idea (that I'll admit to having myself!) but I suspect an even better solution would be for TAP writers to migrate to a single EPG store concept, in order to utilise the Toppy's limited memory a bit better. Many TAPs could read this data, or have pointers into it, and some TAPs could update it (maybe with notifications to subscribed TAPs).

Try running eit2mei as the primary EPG source in MS (Ie L1=Never, L3=Freeview, L4=5m or something short to catch schedule changes) with the line MergeMEI=MyStuff.mei. This with Merge in the RT data into the eit2mei data hopefully giving you the best of both worlds.

HTH

CW

I don't think this will work as the merge function of eit2mei inserts infomation for gaps in the channel list not differences in the program line up. What could work would be for you to have both Freeview.mei and RT Mystuff.mei on your Toppy, and for Mystuff to use the Freeview.mei for the first two or three days of the EPG schedule and the RT Mystuff.mei for the rest. Something for the next version of MyStuff maybe, along with joining of consecutive timers please.

5800 black Panther 250gb Sept06 firmware. Auto Start: Description Extender, Remote Extender, Improbox2.1 RC10, Media Manager 1.3d, MyStuff 5.1, mei2archive, EPG Navigator. Other Taps: recFixer, Tap Commander, UK OzSurfer, meiSearch.
digital
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
chunkywizard wrote:
digital wrote:
Just installed the contents of the 5.2 download over exisiting contents of Auto Start, plus overwritten the old logo files in the setting folder. Rebooted the Toppy, got Searching, Loading, pressed the Sattelite key (I get a more acceptable, less colour saturated picture after doing this) Archive and got an immediate reboot. Pressing Sattelite then Archive after the reboot produced another...

Same thing happens if I press Guide, Exit, Archive...

Corrupt logo files? Try downloading the .zip again and copying across again and see if that helps,

CW

I did see the logo files on the Guide view briefly.

Anyway downloaded the .zip again and copied everything across. Got the blank lozenge and then a reboot.

Then got Searching and Loading displayed but then a reboot.

Now gone straight to the Toppy Menu screen and the LCD display has the time alternating with 'relist.dat' scrolling across...

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
autopilot
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 193
I would love to see a settings page for altering colours, rather than having to use skins when they are basically just a small text file with a few colour codes. Even if it just meant manually entering numbers.

Any chance of this in the future?
sanecyclist
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
autopilot wrote:
I would love to see a settings page for altering colours, rather than having to use skins when they are basically just a small text file with a few colour codes.

Have a look at these:

Skin Builder
Skin Manager

Last edited by sanecyclist on Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
bygjohn
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 May 2006 Posts: 216 Location: Crewe (TX: Winter Hill)
R2-D2 wrote:
birdman wrote:
So I was wondering about the possibility of running a tap (or getting the code in MyStuff) which combined the RT data with the Freeview EPG data. It would use the Freeview timings for the next 48 hours or so (configurable?), but get the descriptions from the RT data, and for all later data would use the RT data (or Freeview, if the RT data is absent, e.g. Bid TV).

That is an excellent idea (that I'll admit to having myself!) but I suspect an even better solution would be for TAP writers to migrate to a single EPG store concept, in order to utilise the Toppy's limited memory a bit better. Many TAPs could read this data, or have pointers into it, and some TAPs could update it (maybe with notifications to subscribed TAPs).
Hehe, you mean like the Toppy's built-in EIT store... Very Happy

Would save a lot of hassle I'd have thought, and RT data users could upload to it rather than an MEI file using a suitable TAP. Caching it to disc and reloading it at boot would avoid having to wait for initial population. Too simple? Shocked

chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quote
try booting with only MS in Auto Start, does it still crash?

CW