Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.1

Page 2 of 44
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5951 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
@ andygrunt

Trouble is you don't know, after the event, whether padding was applied or not. The Toppy deletes the timer anything up to five minutes into the recording.

Granted we could add the described length of the show into the indvidual program mei files I guess, but then again, this would be for CT's only, not one off's.

Then we'd have to track which programs had padding removed in order to set new timers, and possibly add it back if those extra timers were subsequently set to Exclude, or even deleted.

So it's a lot of work for little benefit. Sorry Sad

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
mossman
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Jul 2006 Posts: 582 Location: South of Birmingham, TX: Sutton Coldfield
andyrogers wrote:
Can't wait for the next release of MyStuff Wink LOL

http://www.bobdsmystuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml

Excellent new feature on the way, I won't have to wait for the wife anymore instead Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Andy[/url]
Yes, an excellent addition.
nashogg
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quote
BobD et al,

Well done - MyStuff now polished to a mirror finish...

andygrunt... <<Where the remaining time in a partially played recording is shown, does the remaining time include or ignore the padding? >>

Seriously now, you should close down your TV and computer, and get some good, honest, globally warmed fresh air in your lungs Wink ...

As indeed should all the MyStuff team.
DX
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 2669
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
@ andygrunt

Trouble is you don't know, after the event, whether padding was applied or not. The Toppy deletes the timer anything up to five minutes into the recording.

Granted we could add the described length of the show into the indvidual program mei files I guess, but then again, this would be for CT's only, not one off's.

Then we'd have to track which programs had padding removed in order to set new timers, and possibly add it back if those extra timers were subsequently set to Exclude, or even deleted.

You don't really need to do that - the file info contains the start time and length of the recording, as well as the start time and length of the programme. Working out what is padding from that is simple.

You could for instance skip the initial padding on "Play" and start playback where the programme should start, giving the user the option of rewinding if the programme started early. Then also display the time to the end of the programme as andy wanted.

Edit: Actually I might try skipping start padding mei2archive by setting the resume position, sounds like a nice feature Smile
ubuntu
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Dec 2005 Posts: 349 Location: High Wycombe Tx: Crystal Palace
DX wrote:
Actually I might try skipping start padding mei2archive by setting the resume position, sounds like a nice feature Smile
Ooh! It's so exciting - there is always something else to add. Twisted Evil

Thanks to all the MS team - when do become salaried employees of Topfield?
Ex_Sailor
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Dec 2005 Posts: 240 Location: Cambridge
Evening,

Does that mean there is no reason why, (programming permitting,) when selecting a file to play, that it should be possible for MyStuff to start the playback from the actual program start? That is, automatically jump the pre-padding. - A nifty feature!

One to add to the ever-growing list.

Colin
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5951 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
DX wrote:
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
@ andygrunt

You don't really need to do that - the file info contains the start time and length of the recording, as well as the start time and length of the programme. Working out what is padding from that is simple.

You could for instance skip the initial padding on "Play" and start playback where the programme should start, giving the user the option of rewinding if the programme started early. Then also display the time to the end of the programme as andy wanted.

Edit: Actually I might try skipping start padding mei2archive by setting the resume position, sounds like a nice feature Smile
Oooo... Yeah Cool I'd forgotten all about what gets captured in the standard rec header. I take it we can read that via the API, or is this one of those "real TAP authors don't need API" moments ? Wink

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
GlennSh
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 28 Jun 2005 Posts: 94
Cheers MyStuff Team - You guys rock Very Happy

Once payment is cleared from my bank a/c to Paypal I'll be sending a little something your way. Cheers
PaulH
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 271 Location: SW London
I didn't expect an update so soon after the mammoth task of preparing version 5! Great work, all.

[Obligatory personal bugbears]
Any chance of the odd behaviour of options B4 and B5 being addressed in an upcoming version? I would love to have the N&N information display for a few seconds only when I am flipping through channels, but permanently (until I press Exit) when explicitly called up by (e.g.) the Info button. AFAIK this is not currently possible with MyStuff.

Also, option B6, "Number of extra programs on Now & Next" - the extra programmes still include the current programme. I just can't understand why this is the case, since the current programme's info is already visible. IMHO it detracts from an otherwise excellent feature.

[/bugbears]

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jan 2007 Posts: 114 Location: Essex
andyrogers wrote:
Can't wait for the next release of MyStuff Wink LOL

Excellent new feature on the way, I won't have to wait for the wife anymore instead Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Smashing Smile Will that happen every time a tuner is free or just available on demand? I reckon a timer option should be included to coincide with watching programmes on the Toppy Wink
Eddie Thornton
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 Aug 2006 Posts: 36
What a team 5.1 is great*****

Big thanks to Chunkywizard for his chunkyYabs mcf,Skin
best yet could become No 1, forget Sky, this one is for Mystuff
FAB*****

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Eddie
MillmoorRon
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Aug 2006 Posts: 130 Location: Rotherham, UK
In the next version, could we have an option for Horlicks?
per-Sony-fied
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jan 2007 Posts: 114 Location: Essex
PaulH wrote:
I didn't expect an update so soon after the mammoth task of preparing version 5! Great work, all.

Also, option B6, "Number of extra programs on Now & Next" - the extra programmes still include the current programme. I just can't understand why this is the case, since the current programme's info is already visible. IMHO it detracts from an otherwise excellent feature.

WIth N&N on screen you can scroll through what's on other channels with the N&N display while still watching your current programme so this is why it is included and a usefull feature.
billmars
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Sep 2005 Posts: 745 Location: Hull
Recording 2 films, Potter and King George, tonight. Via MyStuff archive couldn't play i.e. chase play recordings whilst recording - just went to live recording channel. Will play OK via Topfield archive. Now King George has finished recording, plays OK via MyStuff archive.
Problem (mine or MyStuff?!).
Now that Potter has finished, plays OK via MyStuff archive.
Can anyone replicate this?

5800 Samsung 1Tb Autostart TAPs: Extend 1.7;TSRCommander 1.5;TF5000 Display 1.53;EPG2MEI 0.95;MyStuff 6.5;QuickJump 1.72;Power Down 0.75;SecCache 0.4;TSSaver 0.4;MHEG Control B2;eit_sub_sng 0.6 Transmitter: Belmont Extras: as2mei (via NSLU2)
PaulH
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 271 Location: SW London
per-Sony-fied wrote:
WIth N&N on screen you can scroll through what's on other channels with the N&N display while still watching your current programme so this is why it is included and a usefull feature.

Yes, but the list of extra programmes should start from the next programme, not the current one. If you needed to do something with the current programme, such as recording it, you could still scroll up to select it.