Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  Channel Manager - V5.1 now Available

Page 2 of 24
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
ldjagger
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 66
Just to feedback that I've tried this TAP now and it worked perfectly for me.

I hadn't yet updated for Five Life etc, so the result was a re-ordering of some LCN's, but even so, once I'd updated my MEI table of LCN's for the Radio Times data, all was fine.

MyStuff has coped with the update fine too, although I have now deleted my favourites files, as they would otherwise have needed updating for the LCN number changes, which I decided wasn't worth the effort, so I just created an INI for this tap which removes all the channels I don't want, and more or less leaves my favourites (albeit in default order, which my MyStuff favourites file would have adjusted for me).

Hope that's helpful feedback.

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3468 Location: Maldon Essex
Thanks, ldjagger. Always good to get positive feedback.

EMJB
danb77
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
I'd like to add to the feedback. Smile

The alpha 2 version works very well - no need to call it alpha any more?

Many of the pay channels were not correctly identifed as such, this included TCM, UKTV Style, Eurosport, Setanta and DiscoveryRT. This could be a Toppy problem as these are often not listed as pay in the channel list.

I have one request for a change in functionality. Could you increase the number of characters which are used in the DelName command. I'd like to delete "Television X", but it is not impossible that one day a new channel might appear called, say, "Television Classics", which I might want to keep. The command DelName=Television X would delete both of these....

Apart from this the TAP works just as described.

I have a couple of feature requests! Wink

Would there be a way for you to modify it so one could launch it with other TAPS present?

Edit: I just tried it with the full complement of TAPS in my sig and it worked fine. Cool

Could you add a built in scheduling feature, so it would automatically run once a week, say?

Very nice work! Well done.

TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
Sig generated by MyInfo TAP on 21/9/09
danb77
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quote
A minor comment. In the readme, point 5 refers to Signal Monitor when, I think, Channel Manager is meant.

TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
EMJB
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:38 am Reply with quote
danb77 wrote:
I'd like to add to the feedback. Smile The alpha 2 version works very well - no need to call it alpha any more?

Thanks. Will "promote" it as the next update if feedback continues to be satisfactory.

danb77 wrote:
Many of the pay channels were not correctly identifed as such, this included TCM, UKTV Style, Eurosport, Setanta and DiscoveryRT. This could be a Toppy problem as these are often not listed as pay in the channel list.

Yes it is a Toppy problem, and I don't know of any cure.

danb77 wrote:
I have one request for a change in functionality. Could you increase the number of characters which are used in the DelName command. I'd like to delete "Television X", but it is not impossible that one day a new channel might appear called, say, "Television Classics", which I might want to keep. The command DelName=Television X would delete both of these....

Fair comment - will look at but I don't think there is any problem.

danb77 wrote:
Would there be a way for you to modify it so one could launch it with other TAPS present? Edit: I just tried it with the full complement of TAPS in my sig and it worked fine. Cool

IIRC I got problems with the menu navigation bringing up someting else, which I don't know how to overcome. Will look closer for the next version

danb77 wrote:
Could you add a built in scheduling feature, so it would automatically run once a week, say?

I was hoping that one could use the X Start TAP to provide this functionality. Making it automatic would have to be an '.ini' selection, and then you would need an activation key (or delete the '.ini') to run it manually. Would be grateful if you could try X Start (available from this site's TAP library under Services.)

danb77 wrote:
A minor comment. In the readme, point 5 refers to Signal Monitor when, I think, Channel Manager is meant.

Thanks for pointing that out - the perils of cut & paste!

A new issue is likely to be a couple of weeks (at least) way unless someone finds a major bug as I am pursuing a different but vaguely related project - see Duplicate Channels thread.

Glad the TAP is proving useful, and many thanks for the feedback,

EMJB
danb77
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:33 am Reply with quote
EMJB wrote:

danb77 wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out - the perils of cut & paste!

I noticed the same issue on the Channel Manager Webpage too...

keithc
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Aug 2006 Posts: 148 Location: Reading, UK
danb77 wrote:

This could be because of:

You can choose to automatically delete all pay channels at the initial menu stage. However please note that if the channel was inactive at the time of the last scan, the Toppy will not have recognised it as a pay channel, and it will not be deleted. This may therefore be of limited use.

The request I have would be to enable it to work with radio channels also. But it did a great job for me of sorting out the UKTV Food / Film 4 conflict (both on LCN 29) that stopped me getting EPG data on Film 4.

EMJB
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quote
keithc wrote:
The request I have would be to enable it to work with radio channels also.

How much of the functionality are you look for in radio channels? - if you just want deletion of duplicates that should not be too difficult.

Glad it is proving useful for TV at least.

EMJB
danb77
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quote
EMJB wrote:
keithc wrote:

How much of the functionality are you look for in radio channels?

I would like to be able to specify the deletion of radio channels by name / LCN so I can delete the channels I hate - but this isn't really a big deal at all.

keithc
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Aug 2006 Posts: 148 Location: Reading, UK
EMJB wrote:
keithc wrote:

How much of the functionality are you look for in radio channels? - if you just want deletion of duplicates that should not be too difficult.

Glad it is proving useful for TV at least.

EMJB

Just noticed that radio is on your todo list. I am not interested in regional variants for radio (does such a thing exist these days?), so really it is just deletion of duplicates. I don't think there are any pay radio channels. To be honest, I don't listen to the radio via the Toppy that much, but it would be nice to clear up the duplicates.

ezhik
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:16 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 16 Dec 2006 Posts: 69 Location: Central East
I'd like to add my thanks to you for developing this TAP.

I wanted to remove the channels we will never watch - sport, shopping, TUTV etc. When I just manually removed them it messed up the displayed channel logo in MyStuff EPG. So I decided the way to sort it out was to delete all channels, rescan to get them all back again, and then use your TAP to do the deleting of unwanted channels.

Works as expected, from now will use it to add any new channels that might be of interest.

Cheers!
EMJB
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quote
ezhik wrote:
So I decided the way to sort it out was to delete all channels, rescan to get them all back again, and then use your TAP to do the deleting of unwanted channels.

Glad you like it. Best to do the scan from within Channel Manager rather than before running it so your timers are re-allocated if any renumbering etc takes place (and less effort for you!).

EMJB
Hutchy
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 25
I live in an area with A LOT of duplicate channels.

This TAP is top stuff and saves me so much time. Well done.

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:16 am Reply with quote
Hutchy wrote:
I live in an area with A LOT of duplicate channels. This TAP is top stuff and saves me so much time. Well done.

Always nice to receive such feedback.

Have started on a version to remove radio duplicates as well, but not promising a release date!

EMJB
simonc
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:37 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5618 Location: Cheltenham
Any chance you could hack ChannelManager to convert radio channels to TV channels? If you use TopSet, you can copy the channel details across and get a single list.