<  TAPs  ~  MyStuff 5.0

Page 38 of 53
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
sanecyclist
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
moley6knipe wrote:
R2-D2 wrote:
MyStuff EPG display could be tidied up a little if the shared channels were combined (but only for display purposes). This would mean less space wasted with blank entries.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but that's a terrible idea! They may share the same bandwidth, but they're different LCNs and need to be kept as such!

That's a technical detail and doesn't mean that the EPG couldn't show them on a single line.

I think it's a very good idea, because those "This is BBC3" or "Back at 18:00" entries really are a waste of space. BBC3/CBeebies, BB4/CBBC, and also abc/ftn could all be combined in such a way.

In a favourites file the combinations could be represented by multiple numbers on a single line, separated by spaces or commas or whatever. That leaves the question which channel logo in the EPG: a simple solution would be to always show that of the first channel on a line in the favourites file, whereas a more fancy solution might squeeze both logos into the space for one or change the logo depending on what time of day you're looking at.
Richard46
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
Just to bump your question really as I dont have any specific answers.

microkid wrote:
I have just upgraded to my stuff 5 and I am having some problems with it.

1) If i try to set two times on different channels that overlap, i get a warning message that says "Although it has been set, this timer clashes with active recording(s). You may wish to adjust a recording or this timer to avoid this." What does this mean and why is it occuring? This never happenend with my previous version if my stuff. Handling two timers should be no problem?

I thought this happened before but like you I do not understand what it means. My guess is it means that padding had been removed to make recordings possible but could be wrong.

microkid wrote:

2) Sometimes if i stop a recording early it doesn't show up in the archive. It can be found in th e'Toppy' archive however 9 times out of 10 it is 0K in size and useless even though the recorder could have been running for an hour or so. Any ideas?

Sorry no explanation but then I rarely find the need to stop recordings early unless I have decided I dont want them anyway. In fact when I have stopped recordings early (because I am testing someting etc) They always seem to show up in the library so that is odd.

microkid wrote:
3) If i leave the unit recording overnight it freezes. This seems to happen several hours after the recording was due to finish. But the display stil shows rec but no of the buttons including power function.

Please help!

Try a full power off cycle; i.e. pull the plug while the Toppy is on; wait a while and restore power.

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
microkid
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 Dec 2005 Posts: 73
i have tried the full power off cycle. but this doesnt provide a long term solution.

I have just got in and again it has crashed. The picture is still there but it is kind of jumpy. The front panel display shows reco even though it should have stopped hours ago. I had left the unit running with a few CTs setup to test it.

After the power restore i check the archive and find nothing has been saved. I check the toppy archive everything is there but the file size is zero.

Am i the only person who is finding mystuff 5 to be so un reliable?
BobD
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4194 Location: Nottingham
delboyuk wrote:
PaulH wrote:
Is MyStuff v5 more aggressive about releasing memory? When I haven't used the EPG or N&N for a while, there's a pause before it displays any text. Didn't use to happen anywhere near as often under v4.x .
I have also noticed this - i assummed (probably wrongly) that it may have something to do with loading the new channel logos ?
Yup it is reloading the logos, which it will have chucked away since you havent used the EPG for a while. I may change this behaviour in a later version (not 5.01)

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9304 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
microkid wrote:
i have tried the full power off cycle. but this doesnt provide a long term solution.

I have just got in and again it has crashed. The picture is still there but it is kind of jumpy. The front panel display shows reco even though it should have stopped hours ago. I had left the unit running with a few CTs setup to test it.

After the power restore i check the archive and find nothing has been saved. I check the toppy archive everything is there but the file size is zero.

Am i the only person who is finding mystuff 5 to be so un reliable?

Hi Microkid, I don't think it's MS causing the issue here, it sound like you either have signal issues or something unstable going on. Were you stable on 4.54? If you go back to 4.54 are you stable again? Are you stable without TAPs? If you can experiment we can try and narrow down your problems. If I was you next thing I would do is a factory reset just incase.

HTH

CW

BobD
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:04 pm Reply with quote
microkid wrote:
If i try to set two times on different channels that overlap, i get a warning message that says "Although it has been set, this timer clashes with active recording(s). You may wish to adjust a recording or this timer to avoid this." What does this mean and why is it occuring? This never happenend with my previous version if my stuff. Handling two timers should be no problem?
MyStuff is alerting to you to the fact that it thinks that one of these timers is clashing with a program you are currently recording. The Toppy will allow the timer to be set, but then may complain when it is due to start if it finds itself unable to actually start that recording (as the tuner may already be in use). Are you sure that neither of these two timers are for current programs, and that you are not recording anything that clashes with either of them?

Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
microkid
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quote
BobD wrote:
]MyStuff is alerting to you to the fact that it thinks that one of these timers is clashing with a program you are currently recording. The Toppy will allow the timer to be set, but then may complain when it is due to start if it finds itself unable to actually start that recording (as the tuner may already be in use). Are you sure that neither of these two timers are for current programs, and that you are not recording anything that clashes with either of them?

Completely sure nothing is clashing other than the two timers overlapping which is when it seems to occur.
microkid
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:

Hi Microkid, I don't think it's MS causing the issue here, it sound like you either have signal issues or something unstable going on. Were you stable on 4.54? If you go back to 4.54 are you stable again? Are you stable without TAPs? If you can experiment we can try and narrow down your problems. If I was you next thing I would do is a factory reset just incase.

HTH

CW

Hi, yes i was fine with the previous version, and fine with just the toppy epg.

I am just about to reset the system so i will let you know ho wthat goes but i just dont have the time really so am considering just running the toppy epg
thecount
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 17 Nov 2006 Posts: 82
just wondering if anyone knows how to do this? or if it's possible?

On my Sky Box, I could set my favourites and then click on the favourites button on the remote and it would scroll through showing me each favourite channel. This was easier than having to go to a list.

sorry if this is the wrong place to post?
BobD
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:00 pm Reply with quote
microkid wrote:
BobD wrote:
]MyStuff is alerting to you to the fact that it thinks that one of these timers is clashing with a program you are currently recording. The Toppy will allow the timer to be set, but then may complain when it is due to start if it finds itself unable to actually start that recording (as the tuner may already be in use). Are you sure that neither of these two timers are for current programs, and that you are not recording anything that clashes with either of them?

Completely sure nothing is clashing other than the two timers overlapping which is when it seems to occur.
OK, we'll see if we can replicate it and then maybe get a fix for it into 5.01. Are you setting both of these timers using the EPG? Which two channels are you using?

Richard46
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
thecount wrote:
just wondering if anyone knows how to do this? or if it's possible?

On my Sky Box, I could set my favourites and then click on the favourites button on the remote and it would scroll through showing me each favourite channel. This was easier than having to go to a list.

sorry if this is the wrong place to post?

Sounds like MS5 detailed Channel List (DCL) which can be set as first OSD from Guide button (menu item E1) and which reflects favourites if you have them selected.

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
microkid
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I will get back to you on the timer problem.

I have just done a complete factory restore / retune / re install so will see how it goes.

How do i get eit2mei to do a full epg scan? At the moment i only have now and next info. Can i manually make it do a full scan?
marcusbc
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Just added the MyStuff TAPs on a new Toppy, running 5.13.26. These are the first TAPs I've tried.

Appeared to install OK - got the Loading and Searching screen, and the new EPG. But the buttons on the Remote have stopped working. Once in the EPG I can only move about using the buttons on the main unit and even the Exit and Standby on the remote have stopped.

Would this be a problem with Remote Extender?
Does MyStuff work on 5.13.26?

What have I forgotten?
Richard46
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quote
microkid wrote:
I will get back to you on the timer problem.

I have just done a complete factory restore / retune / re install so will see how it goes.

How do i get eit2mei to do a full epg scan? At the moment i only have now and next info. Can i manually make it do a full scan?

Z2? in the MS menu IIRC.

andyrogers
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2005 Posts: 814
I have just stumbled across the repeating volume key issue.

I have found that if I have got the arrow keys menu option to active my N&N key chain on, then holding down the volume repeaditly brings up the N&N box.

When i switch off the arrow keys activation menu option it does not happen.

Has anyone found this with this menu option enabled? Menu option c5?

Thanks

Andy

Firmware: 5.14.09 Patched
AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
Other Taps: Sudoka, mei2archive, mei2eit, snake, meisearch