Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  MyStuff 5.0

Page 37 of 53
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:38 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
re MEISearch, make sure you sre running the latest version. There was a bug in this, but it's now fixed. It will show next time the EPG data is reloaded. Also in 5.01 there is a new option to reload CTs even if the EPG data doesn't change, so you can guarentee it will show in 5 minutes

HTH

CW

HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
KennyT wrote:
Some questions about MS5 (yes, I've RTFM and can't immediately spot the answers).

1 When setting an 'ordinary' recording, there doesn't seem to be a 'move to folder' option like there is in the CT recording?
The move to folder is only available with a CT. But we do have this feature on the wish list already.

KennyT wrote:
2 Using MEISearch to create an MS CT doesn't seem to end up in the CT table any more?
Bug Embarassed Well actually, not a bug as such, but when we changed MS to only load epg data when the epg data had changed, it had the knock-on effect of also not re-loading CT's. It'll be fixed soon Cool

KennyT wrote:
3 Which page of the manual describes the colour coding used when it disables channels that can't be recorded from because of other timers? I can see some examples in the skin building (which I don't propose to get into ATM) but I can't see what the default settings are?
What's New in V5.0 gives the element name. The default RGB value is IIRC the same as used for past programs in the EPG etc. - Grey.

KennyT wrote:
However, very impressed with the exclude function. On the subject of requests, I'd love to see a 'CT - just record it once then disable it' function. That is, set all the CTs for a prog as normal, but as soon as one of them has succeeded - disable the CT'. It would be an immediate replacement for the ordinary record button.
Sorry, is this simply to get at the automove and other features provided by the CT method?

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
KennyT
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:43 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 244 Location: NW London
chunkywizard wrote:
re MEISearch, make sure you sre running the latest version. There was a bug in this, but it's now fixed. It will show next time the EPG data is reloaded. Also in 5.01 there is a new option to reload CTs even if the EPG data doesn't change, so you can guarentee it will show in 5 minutes

HTH

CW

Do you know which latest version is best? There seem to be some beta's floating about!

'Moley', the point about replacing the "ordinary" record function is that:

1 You can't do a "move to folder"
2 If the recording fails due to subsequent clashes/priority changes, you've lost it.

A CT that spotted a subsequent showing and allowed more of the CT functionality would be more useful, IM(humble!)O.

K

K

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quote
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
Sorry, is this simply to get at the automove and other features provided by the CT method?

Basically, yes. The only downside to just using the CT method is that, for many of the digital channels, the same programme gets repeated repeatedly. I'm running a bit short of disk space so I'd prefer it to be able to use the 'one-shot' recording function to be a bit cleverer!

K

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:55 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 Dec 2005 Posts: 73
I guess no body has any suggestions regarding the problems i mentioned earlier?
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:55 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
KennyT wrote:

Do you know which latest version is best? There seem to be some beta's floating about!

Erm, no! I don't use it. I would load up the latest which I believe is 1.25

CW

KennyT
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quote
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
What's New in V5.0 gives the element name. The default RGB value is IIRC the same as used for past programs in the EPG etc. - Grey.

I may be being thick/stupid (or both!) but are the 'links' in the What's New section supposed to be 'live' as though you're in a browser?

K

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 2674
bdon wrote:
Have done as advised and can report that eit2mei loads ok and a scan produces the Freeview.mei file.
DescriptionExtender.tap also loads but adding MyStuff really does stuff it, ie crashes and re-boots on "Loading......" after creating/ moving files, as before. Confused
Where now please Question
Don.

It looks like MyStuff is having a problem loading the EPG data from Freeview.mei file.

You could check this by removing all but MyStuff.tap in the Auto Start folder and restarting the Toppy. Does it still crash? Then try renaming the Freevew.mei file in ProgramFiles to Freeview.bak so MyStuff won't find it. If MyStuff now starts OK the problem was loading the EPG data, if it crashes it's something else.

If it is loading Freeview.mei that's the problem then the MyStuff team may want to look at the Freeview.mei file to see why, so hang on to it.
PaulH
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 271 Location: SW London
Is there any way to choose the two colours that make up the gradient tint of a skin element? Because in the archive and EPG, it seems to me that the gradient tint of the highlighted element goes the wrong way compared to the non-highlighted rows, so that it looks convex while the other elements look concave. This is because the highlighted element's tint goes from light to dark, while the others go from dark to light.

Picky, me? Laughing

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
moley6knipe wrote:
Sorry to rain on your parade, but that's a terrible idea! They may share the same bandwidth, but they're different LCNs and need to be kept as such!

Well, it's not immediately obvious to me why different LCNs need to be kept separate -- they're just TV programmes at the end of the day. From 7am to 7pm there'll be listings for toddler-oriented programmes (CBeebies), and after 7pm it'll be for adults (BBC Four). Most "real" channels operate in a similar way, with different programming at different times. Since these two channels have no programmes outside their specific broadcasting period it makes sense (to me) to tidy up the EPG to present things more compactly. And since these two channels actually share the same transmission slot it certainly makes a lot of sense to pair them up (rather than random other channels).

BTW my old (crappy) PVR used to actually start showing BBC Four if you left it on CBeebies when it finished. Imagine my surprise to see my two-year-old watching The Avengers when I'd finished washing up...

Quote:
Try making two .mcl files up for your EPG view, one for daytime one for night-time instead

Yes, very doable, but not exactly automatic. Unless an automated Favourites switch depending on time of day is a suggestion that would meet with more universal approval.
bdon
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 09 Jun 2006 Posts: 30 Location: N. Kent
DX wrote:
If MyStuff now starts OK the problem was loading the EPG data, if it crashes it's something else.

It's something else.
Don

EDIT

UEREKA!! Very Happy Very Happy
Went through every file (took an age!) looking for weird characters, I had renamed some via Toppy screen using : and had created a folder using / ,it was the folder that caused the grief. Altair does not like files with such characters but does not tell you till you try to rename them in Altair, MyStuff doesn't either so it would seem. Surprised

Many thanks to all who pointed me in the right direction what a wonderful bunch (and forum.)
Don

TAPs: PcControl B1; Jag's Little Clock 1.2; MyStuff 6.5; MHEG On/Off A3; crid v0.06d support for 5.13.65; TAP Commander 1.32; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; TF5000 Display v1.49; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 12/10/13
KennyT
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:37 pm Reply with quote
bdon wrote:
[ Altair does not like files with such characters but does not tell you till you try to rename them in Altair, MyStuff doesn't either so it would seem. Surprised

If anyone has any influence on the Altair developer(s), then a switch to translate nasty characters (in either direction) to, say, underscores, would be a nice feature...

K

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Hi
I'm new to the Toppy world - just got one for Christmas.
Just installed MyStuff v5 and associated Taps. All installed OK and loaded fine. But when I opened the EPG, I got the new-look screens (very nice) but the remote control wasn't working. Only a couple of buttons seem to work on it - it opens the EPG, but nothing more - no arrow keys, no EXIT, not even Standby.

My Toppy came with 5.13.26. Would this be an issue?

Have I missed something in the install? I couldn't see anything more in the manual.
thanks, Marcus
PaulH
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 271 Location: SW London
Is MyStuff v5 more aggressive about releasing memory? When I haven't used the EPG or N&N for a while, there's a pause before it displays any text. Didn't use to happen anywhere near as often under v4.x .

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2005 Posts: 568 Location: Winchester Transmitter: Rowridge
PaulH wrote:
Is MyStuff v5 more aggressive about releasing memory? When I haven't used the EPG or N&N for a while, there's a pause before it displays any text. Didn't use to happen anywhere near as often under v4.x .
I have also noticed this - i assummed (probably wrongly) that it may have something to do with loading the new channel logos ?

HD PVR: Humax HDR-FoxT2
[Profile last updated 09Jan2012]