Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  MyStuff 5.0

Page 36 of 53
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
BobD
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4194 Location: Nottingham
moley6knipe wrote:
Thanks Bob, that'll keep ex-UK Timers users happy!
Happy to oblige! Again, a useful addition (added as an option so as not to ignore everyone else!)

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
moley6knipe
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
Are you winning with the number of MyStuff options yet? I seem to remember only Inprobox had more, but that was a while ago. Although how a TAP that's nominally for replacing the infobox needs that many options, I dunno. Tried it once, baffled me.

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 401 Location: Bristol, UK
moley6knipe wrote:
New option (G7) to allow << / >> to jump to timers set for the previous/next day when in Timers by Date in Archive

Thanks Bob, that'll keep ex-UK Timers users happy!

I'm not complaining (it will be a very useful addition) but it may be worth pointing out that it wouldn't be exactly like UK Timers functionality as, for example, if today was Sunday and I was looking at all the recordings for Sunday in UK Timers, it would also show the following Sundays recordings as well as todays (if there were any set of course).

Oddly enough I always found this more useful than I would have expected.

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jul 2005 Posts: 217 Location: Bristol, UK
Number 5 is alive!

Excellent new release, liking it. One slight glitch though....

If you select 'Play' as the Resume Playback (K7) button, you can't use chase play, because every time you try and play, after Pausing, FFing or RWing, it resumes playing the last played recording.

Any chance of excluding this functionality when in Chase Play please?

Cheers
Chris

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9305 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
you can if you use pause to un-pause recordings...

CW Cool

chrispayze
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jul 2005 Posts: 217 Location: Bristol, UK
chunkywizard wrote:
you can if you use pause to un-pause recordings...

CW Cool

What about FF & RW?

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:24 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9305 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Use Quickjump instead Question Well that's what I do...

CW

microkid
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 Dec 2005 Posts: 73
I have just upgraded to my stuff 5 and I am having some problems with it.

1) If i try to set two times on different channels that overlap, i get a warning message that says "Although it has been set, this timer clashes with active recording(s). You may wish to adjust a recording or this timer to avoid this." What does this mean and why is it occuring? This never happenend with my previous version if my stuff. Handling two timers should be no problem?

2) Sometimes if i stop a recording early it doesn't show up in the archive. It can be found in th e'Toppy' archive however 9 times out of 10 it is 0K in size and useless even though the recorder could have been running for an hour or so. Any ideas?

3) If i leave the unit recording overnight it freezes. This seems to happen several hours after the recording was due to finish. But the display stil shows rec but no of the buttons including power function.

Please help!
iandom
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:10 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Oct 2005 Posts: 395 Location: South Oxfordshire
Just upgraded to MS5. A nice evolution from the previous version.

No problems so far, but a suggestion.

I use folders a lot to organise recordings. And one of the really nice features of MS is that empty folders aren't displayed (subject to the right option being set).

With MS 5, we now get a summary of the contents of a folder without opening it. This is fine when the folder has a small number of recordings or sub-folders, but not too helpful when there are a lot of sub-folders, only a few of which contain real recordings.

What would be fantastic would be for the summary of the folder to align with the option set for displaying empty folders, so if empty folders aren't displayed when actually browsing the folder, they are also not listed in the summary when one level up the hierarchy.

TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +AfBmC0CfCtDsEzIPeWfZ
TAPs: TF5000 Display v1.53; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.0; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; Power Manager v2.2; TAP Commander 1.34; Surfer v0.14; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6 SnG; TSSaver 0.5; MHEG Control B2; FastScanGUI 0.6b; MyInfo B4.1a
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:06 am Reply with quote
iandom wrote:
Just upgraded to MS5. A nice evolution from the previous version.

No problems so far, but a suggestion.

I use folders a lot to organise recordings. And one of the really nice features of MS is that empty folders aren't displayed (subject to the right option being set).

With MS 5, we now get a summary of the contents of a folder without opening it. This is fine when the folder has a small number of recordings or sub-folders, but not too helpful when there are a lot of sub-folders, only a few of which contain real recordings.

What would be fantastic would be for the summary of the folder to align with the option set for displaying empty folders, so if empty folders aren't displayed when actually browsing the folder, they are also not listed in the summary when one level up the hierarchy.

What a good point Ian Wink I pointed this out to Bob only yesterday Very Happy

CW

R2-D2
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:45 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
Feature suggestion Not sure if this has been mentioned before, or if it's already implemented somewhere (on any EPG), but it struck me recently that the main MyStuff EPG display could be tidied up a little if the shared channels were combined (but only for display purposes). This would mean less space wasted with blank entries. I'm thinking of, for example, BBC Four combined with CBeebies. At the moment when I bring up the MyStuff EPG I get two blank lines for BBC Three and BBC Four. This is a significant chunk of the screen. Of course, later tonight it will start to fill up as we get nearer 7pm. But right now it would be nice to have it show that entry as CBeebies, since that's actually what's being broadcast on that "channel" at the moment.

Anyway, just a thought.
crg511
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Dec 2006 Posts: 106 Location: Bedford
bdon wrote:
DX wrote:
bdon wrote:
How weird is weird, I have a few like "Cribb-2 2006-08-26" created by AutoMove or some such tap.
Apart from DataFiles folder structure is:

ProgramFiles

/Autostart/
MyStuff.tap
eit2mei.tap
DescriptionExtender.tap
RemoteExtenderMHEG.tap

/Settings/MyStuff/
MEIs
CTs
FavList/mcl.lnk
Msdat.lnk

/Skins/mcf.lnk

/Logos/logos.lnk
logo.dat
smlogo.dat

/DescriptionExtender.dat
/Dat.lnk

/eit2mei$$$

MP3 is empty
Hope this helps
Don

I'd suggest taking things one tap at a time.

Remove all but eit2mei.tap from the Auto Start folder and restart. Press EPG then Recall to start an eit2mei scan from the Toppy native EPG. If this reboots then we can investigate that further, but if it works you should see progress messages and end up with a Freeview.mei file. BTW the eit2mei.$$$ file is a temporary file created during the scan - normally it is deleted at the end of the scan but you are seeing it because of the reboot.

If that works then put DescriptionExtender.tap back in the Auto Start folder, restart the Toppy, and repeat the EPG / Recall scan using the native Toppy EPG.

Then add MyStuff back into Auto Start. First try a scan by going to the Toppy EPG (the native one - not MyStuff) and pressing Recall there. If that works try a scan from the MyStuff Menu.

The final thing would be to restore RemoteExtenderMHEG.tap and try again with all taps present.

Hopefully by trying these steps we can home in on what is going on.

DX,
Many thanks for the advice, will give it ago.
Don
EDIT
Have done as advised and can report that eit2mei loads ok and a scan produces the Freeview.mei file.
DescriptionExtender.tap also loads but adding MyStuff really does stuff it, ie crashes and re-boots on "Loading......" after creating/ moving files, as before. Confused
Where now please Question
Don.

I would like to report that i have successfully loaded MyStuff v 5.0
I cannot say exactly what resolved the issue as I followed the advise being offered so did the following and it worked.
Downloaded a fresh copy of MySuff v 5.0 and refreshed all the extracted files.
Removed all my Taps from Auto Start and deleted all the folders previously created within "settings" (inclu settings)
Transfered MyStuff v 5.0 ONLY to Auto Start (no other Taps ot dat files
Rebooted
MyStuff opened successfully but reported no EPG data
Transferred the other Taps and dat files
Rebooted
MyStuff opened and the EPG data appeared although initially there was only now and next.
No logos appeared on any view so looked and manually transferred the dat files to the Logo folder - Logos appeared
Now having much fun in changing/creating skins; changing options; checking out CT's and what/how they operate
Would like to take this opportunity to thank all who contributed particularly CW and hope that Don has the same success.
Would also like to congratulate all, particularly BobD for an excellant job. MyStuff reflects the 'open access', individual configuration concept that the Toppy Box sets. Well Done
Best Wishes
Chris Giles
moley6knipe
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
R2-D2 wrote:
Feature suggestion Not sure if this has been mentioned before, or if it's already implemented somewhere (on any EPG), but it struck me recently that the main MyStuff EPG display could be tidied up a little if the shared channels were combined (but only for display purposes). This would mean less space wasted with blank entries. I'm thinking of, for example, BBC Four combined with CBeebies. At the moment when I bring up the MyStuff EPG I get two blank lines for BBC Three and BBC Four. This is a significant chunk of the screen. Of course, later tonight it will start to fill up as we get nearer 7pm. But right now it would be nice to have it show that entry as CBeebies, since that's actually what's being broadcast on that "channel" at the moment.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but that's a terrible idea! They may share the same bandwidth, but they're different LCNs and need to be kept as such! Try making two .mcl files up for your EPG view, one for daytime one for night-time instead

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:29 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 244 Location: NW London
Some questions about MS5 (yes, I've RTFM and can't immediately spot the answers).

1 When setting an 'ordinary' recording, there doesn't seem to be a 'move to folder' option like there is in the CT recording?

2 Using MEISearch to create an MS CT doesn't seem to end up in the CT table any more?

3 Which page of the manual describes the colour coding used when it disables channels that can't be recorded from because of other timers? I can see some examples in the skin building (which I don't propose to get into ATM) but I can't see what the default settings are?

However, very impressed with the exclude function. On the subject of requests, I'd love to see a 'CT - just record it once then disable it' function. That is, set all the CTs for a prog as normal, but as soon as one of them has succeeded - disable the CT'. It would be an immediate replacement for the ordinary record button.

K

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quote
KennyT wrote:
1 When setting an 'ordinary' recording, there doesn't seem to be a 'move to folder' option like there is in the CT recording?

Correct, only using CTs

2 Using MEISearch to create an MS CT doesn't seem to end up in the CT table any more?

Don't use it, don't know!

3 Which page of the manual describes the colour coding used when it disables channels that can't be recorded from because of other timers? I can see some examples in the skin building (which I don't propose to get into ATM) but I can't see what the default settings are?

Entirely skin dependent, AFAIK, so you'll need to pick a skin that does this. Try Chunkywizard's site, his skins meet your criteria

However, very impressed with the exclude function. On the subject of requests, I'd love to see a 'CT - just record it once then disable it' function. That is, set all the CTs for a prog as normal, but as soon as one of them has succeeded - disable the CT'. It would be an immediate replacement for the ordinary record button.

Is that not making a lot of extra work for, as you say, basically duplicating the record button?

K