Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  MyStuff 5.0

Page 33 of 53
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
DanCJ
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 143 Location: Sunny Exeter
Here's a funny.

I set a control timer for Celebrity Big Brother (so sue me - at lesat it's better than I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here) by hitting the Slow button from the EPG. I then went in and edited it a few times to try to weed out various repeats and those aimless live broadcasts. When I went back to it this morning (which would have been after a reboot) there were two CTs in for Big Brother, one which was the one I finally wound up with and an earlier version.

It looks like at some point instead of editing the existing CT when I saved it created a new one - though I'm pretty sure it only showed as one CT before the reboot

Dan

crg511
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Dec 2006 Posts: 106 Location: Bedford
Hi,
I recently upgraded my Firmware to 12.88 having experienced serve problems with 13.66 . I spoke to Richard at TuboSat today who confirmed that 13.66 is not recommended. Because I could not initially establish just were my problem was coming from I had to remove most, if not all, my existing TAPS before concluding that the Firmware was the basic cause. One of those TAPS was MyStuff v 2.2 which I was using with Improbox and EPGNavigator. MyStuff2.2 gave me a better view of the library in so much as it gave various sort options and details of amount viewed (if any). Before I loaded them back, I checked for updated versions and found MyStuff v5.0. Looking at it, it appeared to offer all that I wanted and much more and could potentially replace the odd bits and pieces I am currently using, so I downloaded and transferred it to my box as the ONLY TAP in AutoStart. I rebooted the box with; No results; Nothing happened; the only facilities I could access were those that came with Toppy. I have studied your documentation but I cannot find a reason. Some of the files that are generated by MyStuff v5.0 have appeared (e.g. Freeview.mei), but I cannot access any of the screen options; now & then; EPG; Library; timers; etc. Can anyone help with possible suggestions? Regards
Chris Giles
DanCJ
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:47 am Reply with quote
When you say as the ONLY TAP, do you mean you didn't include the other taps in the MS 5.0 zip? You need those too

Dan

crg511
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Dec 2006 Posts: 106 Location: Bedford
DanCJ wrote:
When you say as the ONLY TAP, do you mean you didn't include the other taps in the MS 5.0 zip? You need those too

Dan

Sorry I meant only the FOUR Taps + 2 Logo files. My 'old' Taps having been removed.
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:54 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
jgc wrote:

I've done some more investigation. It turns out that any .mcl file I create in the \ProgramFiles\Settings\MyStuff\FavLists directory has the same problem. If it contains an entry for "2" it's shown on screen as the data (and logo) for "Channel 4" not "BBC TWO". If I use the Toppy's own EPG it displays correctly. If I switch to the default "All Channels" list then it's OK in the Toppy and MyStuff EPGs.

Any ideas?

Do you have duplicate channels? Easiest way to fix would be to do a factory reset and scan your channels again..

CW

chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:56 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
smashymike wrote:
Well now .... it's been some time since i dropped in here, all seems to be very productive once again, for which i commend the 'team'. I'm so impressed that i've dusted off my old 'panther', upgraded to Bastille fw and unslung MyStuff v5.0. And whoah !!!! - some improvement, thanks. But ... i'm seeing the same probs as richieg261. N+N when moving around up/down, ALWAYS crashes my box. Starts flickering and then kaboom, crash, verify etc then back. I'm running virgin system, nowt else in the way of taps. Any ideas lads ?? Other than that i'm well impressed ....

It will be fixed in 5.01

CW

chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:01 am Reply with quote
crg511 wrote:
Hi,
I recently upgraded my Firmware to 12.88 having experienced serve problems with 13.66 . I spoke to Richard at TuboSat today who confirmed that 13.66 is not recommended. Because I could not initially establish just were my problem was coming from I had to remove most, if not all, my existing TAPS before concluding that the Firmware was the basic cause. One of those TAPS was MyStuff v 2.2 which I was using with Improbox and EPGNavigator. MyStuff2.2 gave me a better view of the library in so much as it gave various sort options and details of amount viewed (if any). Before I loaded them back, I checked for updated versions and found MyStuff v5.0. Looking at it, it appeared to offer all that I wanted and much more and could potentially replace the odd bits and pieces I am currently using, so I downloaded and transferred it to my box as the ONLY TAP in AutoStart. I rebooted the box with; No results; Nothing happened; the only facilities I could access were those that came with Toppy. I have studied your documentation but I cannot find a reason. Some of the files that are generated by MyStuff v5.0 have appeared (e.g. Freeview.mei), but I cannot access any of the screen options; now & then; EPG; Library; timers; etc. Can anyone help with possible suggestions? Regards
Chris Giles

Hi Chris,

did you still have the files from MyStuff 2.2 on your box? If so then I reckon MyStuff 5.0 got confused, we have never had anyone use a MyStuff.dat from that early on! My Suggestion would be to delete all the files and try again. So using Altair backup your ProgramFiles folder (so you can recover any files you might still need) and then delete everything in it, including folders. Also delete everything in Auto Start then reboot and try the installation again.

O.k.?

CW

bdon
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 09 Jun 2006 Posts: 30 Location: N. Kent
Hi all,
I have something of a similar problem to that described by crg511, I have no taps but started by doing a factory reset, manual search (no dupe channels) and loaded all six files from MS5 download in auto start, rebooted and saw "files created/moving" then "loading......" in top left of screen, and here's where my experience differs, after 5 attempts of "loading ..." Toppy re-boots and starts all over again & again, on hitting 0 key on "run" to stop taps loading I go into auto start folder and find the files as per page 49 of manual have been created.
I have repeated the above procedure with two separate downloads of MS5 but still cannot get past "loading......" then crash.
Also tried with vers.454E with exactly the same results. Question Question Question
There are 65 gigs of drive free.
Any advice greatly appreciated
Don

TAPs: PcControl B1; Jag's Little Clock 1.2; MyStuff 6.5; MHEG On/Off A3; crid v0.06d support for 5.13.65; TAP Commander 1.32; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; TF5000 Display v1.49; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 12/10/13
sanecyclist
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
I really appreciate the new exclude timer functionality for weeding out repeat episodes. But it made me think, perhaps this idea could be turned around?

This would require "mark timers" that do nothing except mark out programmes in the EPG and show up in the timer list, but that can be easily turned into proper record or watch timers through a single key press.

I'd find those useful for series like Father Ted or Futurama which I have on control timers, but of which I already have most of the episodes, so I only actually want to record a few of them. Mark timers might also be useful for automatically highlighting programs that you might be interested in yet that you wouldn't really want to record, e.g. sports events.

Watch timers don't quite do the same job because they can generate tuner clashes and they'd unnecessarily switch on the Toppy.
DanCJ
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quote
sanecyclist wrote:

This would require "mark timers" that do nothing except mark out programmes in the EPG and show up in the timer list, but that can be easily turned into proper record or watch timers through a single key press.

That's a damn good idea!

chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quote
bdon wrote:
Hi all,
I have something of a similar problem to that described by crg511, I have no taps but started by doing a factory reset, manual search (no dupe channels) and loaded all six files from MS5 download in auto start, rebooted and saw "files created/moving" then "loading......" in top left of screen, and here's where my experience differs, after 5 attempts of "loading ..." Toppy re-boots and starts all over again & again, on hitting 0 key on "run" to stop taps loading I go into auto start folder and find the files as per page 49 of manual have been created.
I have repeated the above procedure with two separate downloads of MS5 but still cannot get past "loading......" then crash.
Also tried with vers.454E with exactly the same results. Question Question Question
There are 65 gigs of drive free.
Any advice greatly appreciated
Don

Bizarre. Can I suggest that, you try from stratch again? After the first time it doesn't work it will create files that might cause problems on later attempts. Completely clean out Auto Start and ProgramFiles including folders using Altair (backing up any files you have in there that you might want to keep - Although if this is the first TAP loaded then there shouldn;t be any)

And then try again with the files from the TAP into Auto Start. If you wish to narrow things down then don't copy in Remote Extender and Description Extender. these can be loaded after the initial boot quite easily.

Let us know how you get on.

CW

bdon
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Bizarre. Can I suggest that, you try from stratch again? After the first time it doesn't work it will create files that might cause problems on later attempts. Completely clean out Auto Start and ProgramFiles including folders using Altair (backing up any files you have in there that you might want to keep - Although if this is the first TAP loaded then there shouldn;t be any)

And then try again with the files from the TAP into Auto Start. If you wish to narrow things down then don't copy in Remote Extender and Description Extender. these can be loaded after the initial boot quite easily.

Hi & thanks CW,
I have done exactly what you sugest several times.
I have run other small taps in the past, Little Clock, Automove, Archive, all worked ok. Backed up and cleared everything out, even settings file, factory reset & scan, ie Vanila, before attempting to load My Stuff.Confused
Will have one more go later when I can get to Toppy.

TAPs: PcControl B1; Jag's Little Clock 1.2; MyStuff 6.5; MHEG On/Off A3; crid v0.06d support for 5.13.65; TAP Commander 1.32; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; TF5000 Display v1.49; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:20 pm Reply with quote
The only other thing I can suggest is download the zip again just incase of corruption. Also make sure the logo files are lower case (i'm getting desperate here). Also maybe try installing 4.54e and see if that works.

CW

bdon
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Have tried 4.54e (see my op), will try with a fresh download, maybe 3rd time lucky Smile
Don

RobbieC
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 24 Apr 2005 Posts: 111 Location: Maidstone, Kent
How about an option that removes colons from the names of recordings? Having connected my Toppy to a Slug, my children can now copy recordings onto the PC but they've come unstuck a few times because Windoze doesn't like colons in the file name! Rolling Eyes

Also, should MyStuff remember that a Favourites file has been selected between restarts of the TAP? I switch off my Toppy every night which means I have to reselect my favourites when its swicthed on again! Question