Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  A Look @ New Look MyStuff User Guide

Page 1 of 1
jumbo
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:54 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4733
I looked at MyStuff a while ago and dismissed it as it was simply "too crowded" for my intellect and stayed with EPG Navigator/Jag/Improbox. Today I thought I'd look at the user guide to see the "new look" and the changes made in case I would change my mind! Alas "No!" due to the following (which are clearly my personal taste!)

1. Some (if not most) screens still look "too busy" in terms of the quantity of info and the way it is presented (see below)

2. Fonts still not as clear as Jag's/Improbox,

3. Logos are meant to enhance the visual information retrieval/absorption. However, the busy pages look even more confusing with logos!

It may well be that much of what I consider "totally useless info" like "starts in 27 minutes time" and all those numbers in brackets (3) (140) red circles, blue circles, white circles, bla bla can be optionally switched-off but I'm going by the "sales picture".

I think a "lite" version, less like a Airbus 380 cockpit display, for old goats like me who are mentally and physically challenged would appeal to a wider audience. As things stand it seems MyStuff ITSELF is becoming an experience to be had on the Toppy! I can see a MyStuff "joystick" becoming a necessity soon Wink

Last but not least, the enthusiasm with which the contributors approach the project is to be commended Razz

Last edited by jumbo on Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:58 am; edited 2 times in total
mossman
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Jul 2006 Posts: 582 Location: South of Birmingham, TX: Sutton Coldfield
Of course things like the channel icons can be switched off I believe (there was some considerable debate about this when the NG options were first mooted in the Summer). Smile
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Jumbo,

Updates sales pictures below...

CW

Kinch
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 Sep 2006 Posts: 97 Location: Hampshire/Surrey/W.Sussex
Well i for one love info.

I love the NG screen ,and the more info on there the better.

I spose it personal taste, but im an info freak and like to know whats on, when its on and for how long, etc etc.
If it wasnt like it was then i constantly pressig buttons to get that info up.
I love it.

Andy K
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3497 Location: Owner of 3 Topfields
LOL at the 380 cockpit display.

Thanks for reminding me about something I was missing ! (oh why can't these search word taps record 99% of a recording - hint hint)

So where is the display that is like Jags ? A list of programs on one channel ?

Thanks

Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive 3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink 0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan
leenoble
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Dec 2005 Posts: 276 Location: Cheshire, UK
The i button can give you a long list of upcoming programmes on one channel. I have mine set to display 10 progs on the second press but I think it'll fit around 15 or so.
The only outstanding feature that I desired for MS was description searching but I bit the bullet and tried out MEI search. With the enhancements to MS I was finally able to get rid of JAGs and UK Timers completely, simplifying my TAP lineup considerably.

EPGrt2mei 1.1 & rtsearcher plugin by me for MS description searching.
v23nb
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:49 pm Reply with quote
jumbo wrote:
I think a "lite" version, less like a Airbus 380 cockpit display...

Well I can't wait for it.

Regards
Ian
Airbus 340 pilot!
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:50 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Andy K wrote:

So where is the display that is like Jags ? A list of programs on one channel ?

Thanks

Hi Andy RT(F)M Wink Section 2 is a set of screenshots showing the new views. They are then detailed in later sections. The manual is on the website linked from my sig. A one channel view can be obtained from N&N or DCList.

HTH

CW