Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 125 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
Steve_48 wrote:
Question: is it possible to set a CT to look between 2 channels. For example, Shamless to encapsulate a search beetwnne CH4 and E4 inclusive?

Rather that having two CTs...

Ta

No not at the moment, in Next Gen you will be able to select a group of channels eg BBC's ITV's etc.
Why not just select all (no+1)

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
Bawbagg
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:02 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
Steve_48 wrote:
Need some help guys, am taking the plunge this weekend to convert to MyStuff & eit2mei but want to transfer my timers from Jags_EPG.Search.ini into the MyStuff format to upload.
Welcome!

Steve_48 wrote:
I have the Jags2MST.exe and have run and pointed it towards the Jags_EPG.Search.ini file but the following warning appears:

Created 0 new MyStuff MST files from Jags search strings.
52 tmiers were not converted as they were identified as Marker or Off timers.
Upload the MST files to /ProgramFiles/MST Folder on your Toppy
Are you coming from Jags V3.0 ??? I originally wrote that utility some time ago - long before V3 was available. I wonder if the format of the Jags search file has changed?? Does anyone know??

BB

Steve_48
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Posts: 260 Location: Willerby, East Yorkshire
Thanks for the reply but now I have a numb thumb ! Cool

Tried copying and editing in notepad but it's a little tricky to copy, and adjust the copy the mst file back

Learning lessons all the way

AutoStart TAPs: MyStuff v6.3 | eit2mei BETA 7.8m3 | TF5000 (LCD) Display TAP 1.51a | TSR Commander 1.5 | PowerManager v2.0 | TapCommander 1.31 Beta 6 | SuperPiP 1.1a | AccurateBM | RecordingFixer
Toys: Samsung 37" HD Freeview, Sony HT-SS500 Amplifier + 5.1 Speakers, Netgear Router, BuffaloNAS 4Tb, Xbox, Wii, PS3
Bawbagg
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:24 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
Steve_48 wrote:
Thanks for the reply but now I have a numb thumb ! Cool

Tried copying and editing in notepad but it's a little tricky to copy, and adjust the copy the mst file back

Learning lessons all the way
It will be easier to "adjust" the Jags file to look the way it should to then make the jags2mst utility do its thing.

If you're enthusiastic enough to create your searches by hand, then my pc2ct tool will be a *LOT* easier than multiple prods of the remote Very Happy.

Bathe your thunmb in warm salty water, then goto my site (in my sig) and download pc2ct Wink.

Cheers,

BB

Steve_48
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Posts: 260 Location: Willerby, East Yorkshire
Thank you Mr B

Applet looks good, will use this one in future and to finish off the list

"Enjoying" the MyStuff eit2mei experience so far, a little less painful than I thought having been a JAGs user since I got the Toppy way back when

AutoStart TAPs: MyStuff v6.3 | eit2mei BETA 7.8m3 | TF5000 (LCD) Display TAP 1.51a | TSR Commander 1.5 | PowerManager v2.0 | TapCommander 1.31 Beta 6 | SuperPiP 1.1a | AccurateBM | RecordingFixer
Toys: Samsung 37" HD Freeview, Sony HT-SS500 Amplifier + 5.1 Speakers, Netgear Router, BuffaloNAS 4Tb, Xbox, Wii, PS3
BobD
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:57 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4189 Location: Nottingham
NextVersion page updated (slightly) Smile

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
mike.hinson
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Feature request: “resume minus one”

The existing feature (slo-mo button) that resumes the most recently played recording is great. Could this be extended to resume the second most recently played recording please?

Expected use is when you are watching a recording with someone and they pop out of the room and you want to quickly catch up on some other recording rather than watching live TV. Also when they come back you want to quickly resume the recording you were watching together.

Suggestions for buttons etc.
When you are in playback mode the slo-mo button is already assigned, but if you press archive the slo-mo button has no current function, so could we use that?

So then the slo-mo button would:
Watching live TV: slo-mo resumes most recent playback
Watching playback: slo-mo starts slow motion playback
In archive view: slo-mo resumes second most recent playback (*new*)

Thanks for listening Smile

BobD
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:14 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4189 Location: Nottingham
mike.hinson wrote:
The existing feature (slo-mo button) that resumes the most recently played recording is great. Could this be extended to resume the second most recently played recording please?
Interesting idea, but not sure how often I for instance would want to use it.

Quote:
When you are in playback mode the slo-mo button is already assigned, but if you press archive the slo-mo button has no current function, so could we use that?
It has a meaning in the next version!

We'll have a think about it!

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
PaulH
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 271 Location: SW London
BobD wrote:

Split Programme Timers - If you set a manual timer for a programme that appears to continue after another one (or two) programmes, such as a film being interrupted by the news (and weather), then MyStuff will also set a timer for that second half

Nice feature. But how will it cope with channels that show many episodes of the same programme? E.g. E4 today has Friends -> Wife Swap -> Invasion -> Friends. If you set a manual timer for the first Friends, will it also set a timer for the second one?

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9287 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
Steve_48 wrote:
Question: is it possible to set a CT to look between 2 channels. For example, Shamless to encapsulate a search beetwnne CH4 and E4 inclusive?

Rather that having two CTs...

Ta

No not at the moment, in Next Gen you will be able to select a group of channels eg BBC's ITV's etc.
Why not just select all (no+1)

Actually, the way it works is you can select favourites lists. So you could make a favourites list of just E4 and Ch4 if you wanted. I have set up favs lists for All BBCs, All ITVs etc butyou can customise to your hearts content!

CW

Steve_48
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for the pointer re FAVOURITES; was not aware at the time of writing, you can only take in so much at a time as the manual is fairly thought provoking, particularly if you're migrating from one system to another Very Happy

charley
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2005 Posts: 1563 Location: Belfast
mike.hinson wrote:
[b]
So then the slo-mo button would:
Watching live TV: slo-mo resumes most recent playback
Watching playback: slo-mo starts slow motion playback
In archive view: slo-mo resumes second most recent playback (*new*)

Would there not be some potential for confusion as the second most recent playback becomes the most recent once it is resumed and while one could consider this a special case and remember which is which, what if a third recording is played before the first is resumed will the second still be second or will the original first become second or what.

Toppy: TF5800PVR250GB &300GB;Firmware: ; Remote: Harmony 655; Tx:Divis; Autostart TAPs: MEISearch 1.35, MyStuff 6, AutoReboot V2.2, epg2mei, Power Manager v2.0, TAP Commander 1.2, TF5000 Display v1.50, MHEG_State; Other:
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
DanCJ wrote:
It sounds to me like we want MyStuff to only set around 50 or 60 actual timers so that there's always some space for other TAPs (or the native Toppy) to set some timers.

Dan

Just to confirm on this, i had 87 timers set and the native toppy let me set a timer, so you still can use the native toppy when all the recording slots are used Very Happy

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
cuthbert
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 75
mike.hinson wrote:
Feature request: ?resume minus one?

The existing feature (slo-mo button) that resumes the most recently played recording is great.

What makes it doubly cool is the way it resumes a few seconds *before* the point you stopped viewing. Cool

Hi BobD, what is your mail address ? I can't find it anywhere in here. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that creating a 'My Favourites.mcl' file on a linux PC leads to strange MyStuff behviour. It happens because the unix format for text is to separete lines with a LF only, not CR/LF as on Dos/Windows. You asked me to send you the troublesome MCL file.

Just made a donation on PayPal by the way. Keep cranking out that code!
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9287 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
PaulH wrote:
BobD wrote:

Split Programme Timers - If you set a manual timer for a programme that appears to continue after another one (or two) programmes, such as a film being interrupted by the news (and weather), then MyStuff will also set a timer for that second half

Nice feature. But how will it cope with channels that show many episodes of the same programme? E.g. E4 today has Friends -> Wife Swap -> Invasion -> Friends. If you set a manual timer for the first Friends, will it also set a timer for the second one?

Well this feature was only put in NextGen today about 4 hours ago so I don't know! In fact I was having problems even finding a split film in the schdule to try it out on! If anyone can find one, or something you think might fool Bob's coding let me know and I will try it Very Happy

CW