Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 124 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
nwood
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 343 Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
swedish cook wrote:
Re two part movie recording. Surely if you knew to use the next episode function you could almost as easily just press right to see if its a two part movie !

It would be a useful function if MyStuff could, as mentioned above check if there is another program with the same title running after one (?or two?) intervening programs and give the option to record it, or maybe just tell you its there. The problem is not really the hassle of recording the other bit its not knwoing its there.

Exactly. Just a pop-up to tell you a 2nd part is there would be just as good, if you don't want to deal with the complexities of extending the first timer or setting a second timer, with potential timer clashes etc. etc.

Personally I don't want to deal with the complexities of SWMBO when she starts to watch a recorded movie and then finds out she only recorded half of it, like wot happened a few weeks back. Shocked Wink

digital
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
Memory leak

digital wrote:
Came to the Toppy yesterday and it had locked up solid so I couldn't check what had happened to the memory. Presumably 0MB?

Has currently dropped to 9.2MB from the 13.2MB there when I turned on this morning. I get the impression it suddenly drops rather than works its way down gently.

Since the lock-up, well over 24 hours ago, memory has remained at ~12MB. Makes no sense: one minute memory is leaking out like water through a sieve, next it's going nowhere.

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Not been using Altair for any length of time have you?

I believe someone (possibly Juwlz) mentioned seeing some memory loss when using this application with later firmwares.

Memory issues are very very difficult to track down. I know, I've spent hours monitoring MyStuff, especially when .88 came out. The .25 firmware was far more forgiving.

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
digital
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quote
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:

Only long enough to update TAPs.

HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Oh well, just a thought Sad

If you're game, you could try running the MemWatch TAP Wink

That might yield some info as to when you lose memory and that could then be tied into what was happening at the time.

juwlz
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:54 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10338 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:

I believe someone (possibly Juwlz) mentioned seeing some memory loss when using this application with later firmwares.
Guilty as charged Wink

Just for the record, I spent a lot of time copying recordings off the Toppy a week or two ago, and I found that Altair was prone to crashing, slowing down etc. unless I did it without TAPs running. Didn't bother to experiment to find out whether this was down to a specific TAP, or because the TAPs I normally have running used some memory that Altair wanted, or something else.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:05 pm Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:

Guilty as charged Wink
Hah, proof positive that consumption of vast amounts of alcohol doesn't destroy your brain thing-a-me-jigs Wink

DanCJ
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:16 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 143 Location: Sunny Exeter
bellissimo wrote:
So has the possibility of a one-off CT timer been mentioned. i.e. it has the properties of a CT, but deletes itself when the recording has finished.

I'd probably use thouse if they were an option - as long as there was a way to set them through meisearch

Steve_48
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:43 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Posts: 260 Location: Willerby, East Yorkshire
Need some help guys, am taking the plunge this weekend to convert to MyStuff & eit2mei but want to transfer my timers from Jags_EPG.Search.ini into the MyStuff format to upload.

I have the Jags2MST.exe and have run and pointed it towards the Jags_EPG.Search.ini file but the following warning appears:

Created 0 new MyStuff MST files from Jags search strings.
52 tmiers were not converted as they were identified as Marker or Off timers.
Upload the MST files to /ProgramFiles/MST Folder on your Toppy

Help please

Other than that search of EPG is populated to 7 days thanks to eit2mei, MyStuff interface looks good and is working.

Thanks in advance

AutoStart TAPs: MyStuff v6.3 | eit2mei BETA 7.8m3 | TF5000 (LCD) Display TAP 1.51a | TSR Commander 1.5 | PowerManager v2.0 | TapCommander 1.31 Beta 6 | SuperPiP 1.1a | AccurateBM | RecordingFixer
Toys: Samsung 37" HD Freeview, Sony HT-SS500 Amplifier + 5.1 Speakers, Netgear Router, BuffaloNAS 4Tb, Xbox, Wii, PS3
KennyT
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:14 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 241 Location: NW London
bellissimo wrote:
So has the possibility of a one-off CT timer been mentioned. i.e. it has the properties of a CT, but deletes itself when the recording has finished.

Just wondered this myself. Would there be any downside to just replacing the ordinary record functionality with 1-shot CT? (with an option to make it a 2-shot CT on the same channel by default)

K

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:33 am Reply with quote
Memory leak
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
If you're game, you could try running the MemWatch TAP

Tried this but memory seemed to wait until I wasn't watching before it dropped!

IanWorthington
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:10 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Dec 2005 Posts: 229
I load my programme guide from RT via a slug, which usually works fine, but every few months it seems the slug just hangs and needs a power cycle to get it back into action (and this is with a daily auto reboot). The first I know about problem is when programme information starts disappearing from the guide.

I'm going to be away for a bit over Christmas and would like to leave the Toppy up and running but can't rely on the slug to run unattended.

Is there anyway that I can tell mystuff to use the broadcast information if the RT data isn't there, or is it best just to switch the whole thing back to the broadcast data (though I must I've forgotten how: MySuff is so stable I rarely have to touch it anymore. Just as it should be guys: excellent job!)?

ian
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:15 pm Reply with quote
digital wrote:
Memory leak
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
If you're game, you could try running the MemWatch TAP
Tried this but memory seemed to wait until I wasn't watching before it dropped!
Laughing Laughing Yeah I've had that too Laughing Laughing

Most of my testing was around the load/search function so at least I knew the frequency with which to check. Random stuff is sooo much harder to spot.

mhendo
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 08 Oct 2006 Posts: 56 Location: London
Hi,

A little help please, as I appear to have lost historic programme information for 90% of my recordings.

I was a little lazy, and did an automatic rescan to pick up the new LCN81 for BBC Parliament (full screen) as I didn't bother to look up the Mux/frequency it was on. As a result, I had many duplicate channels appear; not an issue of reception from 2 or more transmitters, as the duplications were on the same frequency as the originals.

So, I started to remove the duplicates using the TV Services list (not really knowing which was the original and which was the new duplicate). As I removed one duplicate, it crashed the box (it was the channel currently tuned). When it started up again, MyStuff and another TAP complained about memory & then that there was no EPG data.

Going into the channel list, I found it was empty Embarassed

So, I did another rescan and all the channels were back without any duplications. EPG data for MS was back. However, 90% of my recordings don't show the EPG/MEI data in MS. I have checked using the native archive, and the recordings have info. I have also moved some recordings from sub-folders to top level, and checked them manually with MEI2archive and the recordings show the correct data under "Recording Information" and "MEI EPG Information".

The majority of recordings are simply showing just the name, classification, and episode name if available. There are very few showing the full info that was there previously. All new recordings since have been fine, and are retaining the info.

Any ideas what is wrong, and how I can re-populate the EPG info for the recordings? I have checked using Altair, and there are still MEI files in place, going back for a long period.

Also, what it is the suggested way of:-
a) Replacing 1 or 2 channels individually
b) Doing a full re-scan without causing duplication or loss of recorded EPG information

Thanks for any help/advice.

Other TAPs: HDFWv2; ChannelManagerA2; RecFix 1.2; SignalMonitor; mei2archive BETA 3.8;
Transmitter: Crystal Palace
Steve_48
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Posts: 260 Location: Willerby, East Yorkshire
Question: is it possible to set a CT to look between 2 channels. For example, Shamless to encapsulate a search beetwnne CH4 and E4 inclusive?

Rather that having two CTs...

Ta

AutoStart TAPs: MyStuff v6.3 | eit2mei BETA 7.8m3 | TF5000 (LCD) Display TAP 1.51a | TSR Commander 1.5 | PowerManager v2.0 | TapCommander 1.31 Beta 6 | SuperPiP 1.1a | AccurateBM | RecordingFixer
Toys: Samsung 37" HD Freeview, Sony HT-SS500 Amplifier + 5.1 Speakers, Netgear Router, BuffaloNAS 4Tb, Xbox, Wii, PS3