Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 121 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
danb77
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:

The toppy would need a firmware update to use the playback specs, I doubt even a firmware hack in the current firmware would help.

Not necessarily - some clever people here have managed to write TAPs which access the data stream directly, so in principle at least, it might be possible.

TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
Sig generated by MyInfo TAP on 21/9/09
moley6knipe
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
Am I right in thinking that MyStuff 4.54e stills uses the entries it makes (when firing each timer) in the "MEI Archive" folder to ensure the programme description in playback archive is correct?

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
moley6knipe wrote:
Am I right in thinking that MyStuff 4.54e stills uses the entries it makes (when firing each timer) in the "MEI Archive" folder to ensure the programme description in playback archive is correct?

Indeed, you are correct Smile

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
DanCJ
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 143 Location: Sunny Exeter
andyrogers wrote:
Also something along the same line of if you arrived home late and did not switch on your toppy until 5 minutes after a timer was due to start, it could start when it.

I assumed a Toppy would wake itself from Standby if it reached time to make a recording. Is this not the case?
ichilton
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
DanCJ wrote:
I assumed a Toppy would wake itself from Standby if it reached time to make a recording. Is this not the case?

That's the theory but it's buggy and sometimes fails to wake up.

Ian

andyrogers
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2005 Posts: 814
DanCJ wrote:
andyrogers wrote:
Also something along the same line of if you arrived home late and did not switch on your toppy until 5 minutes after a timer was due to start, it could start when it.

What i mean my this comment, is someone who does not leave their toppy on standby, but actually switches it off.

Andy

Firmware: 5.14.09 Patched
AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
Other Taps: Sudoka, mei2archive, mei2eit, snake, meisearch
amgard
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 11 Sep 2005 Posts: 71 Location: Oxford, UK
Just a quick note to say I've finally taken the plunge and put in Mystuff, eit2mei etc, and I'm very impressed with the user interface that Mystuff provides.

No more the arcane undocumented settings that JAGs would baffle me with on a regular basis, when the version expired.

anyway..... well done the MyStuff team!! Very Happy

RemoteExtender MHEG Control B1, eit2mei b7.8, MyStuff 5.5, mcgCYRResume 1.0
DanCJ
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 143 Location: Sunny Exeter
andyrogers wrote:
What i mean my this comment, is someone who does not leave their toppy on standby, but actually switches it off.

Ah - Does anyone actually do that?
BobD
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:31 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4187 Location: Nottingham
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
moley6knipe wrote:

Actually MyStuff stores its descriptions in ProgramFiles\MEI. MEI Archive is a folder created by eit2mei, not MyStuff.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
BobD wrote:
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
moley6knipe wrote:

Actually MyStuff stores its descriptions in ProgramFiles\MEI. MEI Archive is a folder created by eit2mei, not MyStuff.

I was meaning the MEI folder, when you just scan posts quickly its surprising what you miss-read Embarassed

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
Scope
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Aug 2006 Posts: 211
I just saw the screenshots for the next release.. Wow, it looks really nice (even nicer than now. Smile )..

Good work!
moley6knipe
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:46 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
BobD wrote:
moley6knipe wrote:

Now I'm confused. DX mentioned in the eit2mei thread that his TAP no longer uses the MEI folder and it can be deleted, which I did. It hadn't had any new files in it for weeks (since I upgraded to a newer version of eit2mei which uses the eit2mei.ini file instead). However the MEI Archive folder has new entries every time a timer fires which correspond to what I've asked MS to record. So do I in fact need to delete the MEI Archive folder and re-create a MEI folder?

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:28 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 2669
moley6knipe wrote:
Now I'm confused. DX mentioned in the eit2mei thread that his TAP no longer uses the MEI folder and it can be deleted, which I did. It hadn't had any new files in it for weeks (since I upgraded to a newer version of eit2mei which uses the eit2mei.ini file instead). However the MEI Archive folder has new entries every time a timer fires which correspond to what I've asked MS to record. So do I in fact need to delete the MEI Archive folder and re-create a MEI folder?

Are you sure you haven't got those folder names the wrong way round?

I've never used the MEI folder in any of my taps, I have only ever used the MEI Archive folder. I still use the MEI Archive folder with mei2archive, but not with eit2mei any more. What I said was if you are using the latest version of eit2mei but not mei2archive you can delete the MEI Archive folder if you want.
BobD
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:51 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4187 Location: Nottingham
moley6knipe wrote:
MyStuff will recreate the \MEI folder whenever it notices it is not there, and place files of the form BBC One_yyyymmddhhmm.mei in there. MyStuff does not use the "MEI Archive" folder. I thought it was only eit2mei which did/used to, so I dont know who is writing to it now. What are the files in that folder called?

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
moley6knipe
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Confused I'm not in front of the Toppy at the moment but I'm 99% certain that files with the format BBC One_yyyymmddhhmm.mei are getting written to the "MEI Archive" folder. Don't recall anything being written to the "MEI" folder for ages. I'm starting to suspect, though, that my small brain has failed me. I'll check when I get home and post back Embarassed