Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 118 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
stuey
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 203 Location: East London/Essex border
To follow up CWs' post (re TEXT and jumping back to start)...

If one loads MS *before* QJ, the TEXT button reverts back to standard Toppy behaviour. If one loads MS after QJ it works as per the setting in QJ.

Took me a bit to work it out, should have searched Confused

nexstar
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 08 May 2006 Posts: 43
A couple of quick suggestions. Apologies if they have come up before.

1) The ability to record the current event (including any buffer available) as default behaviour would be good. This is about the only thing I now miss from my Tivo days. I know it can be done via the toppy's own menu but it would be much nicer to do this just by pressing 'Record'. Smile

2) It might be handy to have folders with new recordings within, say, the past 24 hours (configurable?) marked in some way. Maybe a green dot or change the colour of the file counter. A lot of my recordings are auto-filed now and it is not always obvious from a quick glance when a new episode has been recorded.
BobD
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:45 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4180 Location: Nottingham
nwood wrote:
danb77 wrote:
BobD wrote:
I have updated the NextVersion page with a quick list of all/some/most of the new features that have been added to NextGen.

Thanks Bob. This looks great! More features than I expected Very Happy

Some features I'd never have imagined - can't wait Very Happy

Smile We aim to please!

Quote:
One thing that's been mentioned once or twice - when setting a manual timer - would it be possible to check for a title match in the next but one program (and, I suppose, the prior but one program) on the same channel? This is to catch both parts of a 2-part program that's had the news conveniently ( Evil or Very Mad ) slapped in the middle.
Perhaps. We'll have a think about it. For now of course you can just set a CT fot it.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
BobD
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4180 Location: Nottingham
charley wrote:
Any chance of this in a future update please.

Quote:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:18 pm

charley wrote:
Hi Bob would it be possible to have the Time Shift buffer included in the recording if Record is pressed while MyStuff now/next is displayed on the current programme please?

BobD wrote:
I will look at this at some point, for a future version (together with everything else on the very long list!)
Oh yeah, forgot about that one Smile. Dunno. We'll maybe get to that one soon.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
normanH
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Nov 2006 Posts: 3 Location: Ormskirk, Lancashire
BobD wrote:
Does it always go to the wrong screen once it has started to go wrong, ie on every timer activation? Does a reboot sort it out? Is it possible that you have set the timer key to be the same as the archive key?

Thanks guys.
Changed E4 (remember the view) back to No and changed the Timer key to 'None' and it's now working correctly (although I don't recall ever changing the setting for Timer key?)
Scrib
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Mar 2006 Posts: 166 Location: Cumbria, UK
I know this has been mentioned before, but i keep loosing the second half of films when they break in the middle for the news on ITV1 because I forget to check.

Could mystuff be made to scan ahead when setting a timer to see if the same program name exists after the "News"?

TAPS: MyStuff 5.62b : MeiSearch_1.35 : Snake 1.3
Transmitter: Winterhill
Model: TF5800PVR - Silver Firmware: 5.12.25 Board Rev: 1.2
IanSimmons
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Apr 2006 Posts: 53 Location: Kent
nexstar wrote:
2) It might be handy to have folders with new recordings within, say, the past 24 hours (configurable?) marked in some way. Maybe a green dot or change the colour of the file counter. A lot of my recordings are auto-filed now and it is not always obvious from a quick glance when a new episode has been recorded.

Seconded - I spend some time deleting duplicates of things I've already watched that pop up repeated a number days, even weeks later (cf. "Who Do You Think You Are"), and it would be great to be able to review what's been recently automatically recorded so I can decide whether or not to keep it.

P.S. Like the look of the updated features of version 5.0!
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
Scrib wrote:
I know this has been mentioned before, but i keep loosing the second half of films when they break in the middle for the news on ITV1 because I forget to check.

Could mystuff be made to scan ahead when setting a timer to see if the same program name exists after the "News"?

In the meantime, as a work around you could use meisearch as this does this.

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
mcgillca
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 May 2005 Posts: 57
Dear Bob and Team,

I have two feature requests for NextGen:

1) On the grid EPG view, it would be good to increase the size of the programme description text box to three lines - most of the EPG transmitted data at least seems to fit within 3 lines, although I guess it could potentially go up to 4. Looking at the screenshots, this may already be in hand.

2) One of the things I liked about Jags was the ability to test a programme search once set up - Jags will actually search throughout the entire stored programme data buffer and produce all matches, not just in the next 26 hours. I think it would be great to be able to do this in Mystuff - and in fact, to be able to look at all proposed CTs over the next week so as to be able to resolve potential clashes when you set the CT, rather than having to review on a daily basis. I guess you could simulate this by setting the period to look ahead to 7 days, but this would be unnecessary for most routine searches and I assume quite costly in terms of processor time.

Thank you for continuing to develop a great TAP,

Colin
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:59 pm Reply with quote
mcgillca wrote:
Dear Bob and Team,

2) One of the things I liked about Jags was the ability to test a programme search once set up - Jags will actually search throughout the entire stored programme data buffer and produce all matches, not just in the next 26 hours. I think it would be great to be able to do this in Mystuff - and in fact, to be able to look at all proposed CTs over the next week so as to be able to resolve potential clashes when you set the CT, rather than having to review on a daily basis. I guess you could simulate this by setting the period to look ahead to 7 days, but this would be unnecessary for most routine searches and I assume quite costly in terms of processor time.

Thank you for continuing to develop a great TAP,

Colin

Im not understanding this, you can see all CTs produced and this will depend on how manys days ahead is searched.
You will then be able to see all the one that clash with ! then exclude the timer which is clashing (if you want to record the clashed one over the one that is set)
I have 70 CTs set to search 7 days ahead and usuall have about 120 timers set, and have no trouble with processer time.
The loading/searching time at startup only takes between 10 - 15 seconds.

Popcorn Hour:
ichilton
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
I have 70 CTs set to search 7 days ahead and usuall have about 120 timers set

I have not needed it before because i've never had so many timers but am I right in my understanding that the 1st 70 are set and the other ~50 are excess timers which only get set as real timers as the real timers get recorded and dissapear?

What happens if you then set a recording manually in something other than MyStuff? - will it refuse to set it because all 70 timer slots are full or will it set it and MyStuff will budge one of it's timers to been an excess timer?

Thanks

Ian

Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:11 pm Reply with quote
ichilton wrote:
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
I have 70 CTs set to search 7 days ahead and usuall have about 120 timers set

I have not needed it before because i've never had so many timers but am I right in my understanding that the 1st 70 are set and the other ~50 are excess timers which only get set as real timers as the real timers get recorded and dissapear?

What happens if you then set a recording manually in something other than MyStuff? - will it refuse to set it because all 70 timer slots are full or will it set it and MyStuff will budge one of it's timers to been an excess timer?

Thanks

Ian

Yes 70 set timers 50 (X) eXcess timers. Whilst setting in MyStuff there is no problem MyStuff will just set the last available timer to an excess timer and set the other one you just selected.
I havent tried setting via anything other than meisearch and that wont allow you to set a timer, but you can set a CT from meisearch as a work around.

Popcorn Hour:
DanCJ
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 143 Location: Sunny Exeter
It sounds to me like we want MyStuff to only set around 50 or 60 actual timers so that there's always some space for other TAPs (or the native Toppy) to set some timers.

Dan
wooders
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Aug 2005 Posts: 428 Location: The National Forest
DanCJ wrote:
It sounds to me like we want MyStuff to only set around 50 or 60 actual timers so that there's always some space for other TAPs (or the native Toppy) to set some timers.

Why not just reduce the number of days in the search? If a search is performed at least once per day then why is it necessary to search more than one day ahead?

Let rt2mei 1.1a feed your Toppy with EPG data from the Radio Times website.
Download rt2mei from http://www.wooders.co.uk/rt2mei
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:18 pm Reply with quote
DanCJ wrote:

Dan

The native toppy may be able to set timers I haven't tried, I don't use anything native from the toppy anymore.
MyStuff is the only TAP that can set and handle Excess timers Very Happy
Im happy with it as it is, but mabe it should be and option for other users.

Popcorn Hour: