Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 114 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
Quote:
statement: "how about MS allocating tuners for its timers" e.g. instead of setting them all on Auto (aka Tuner 4), set the 7pm recording on Tuner 1 and the 8pm recording on tuner 2? Then it is transparent to users...?

I think that would mean a lot of coding on Bob behalf and would be eaiser to let the toppy set it. Maybe one of the team will have a different explination.

Quote:
question: "can you specify tuners to use when calling the Toppy API, or does it always (and ONLY) use Tuner 4/Auto?"

Yes this is what JAGs does.

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
BobD
Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4187 Location: Nottingham
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
Quote:
statement: "how about MS allocating tuners for its timers" e.g. instead of setting them all on Auto (aka Tuner 4), set the 7pm recording on Tuner 1 and the 8pm recording on tuner 2? Then it is transparent to users...?

I think that would mean a lot of coding on Bob behalf and would be eaiser to let the toppy set it. Maybe one of the team will have a different explination.

Doing this kind of timer management automatically is a pain, and would probably cause problems (we went down a similar route once, and then reverted because of those problems)

Quote:
Quote:
question: "can you specify tuners to use when calling the Toppy API, or does it always (and ONLY) use Tuner 4/Auto?"

Yes this is what JAGs does.
Yup, and currently MyStuff sets them all to Auto. We may add the ability to then edit timers to set to tuner 1 or 2 in a later version.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
trogon
Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 06 May 2006 Posts: 85 Location: Nailsea, Bristol
trogon wrote:
I'm in the process of copying some programmes to VCR. If I use the native toppy archive, I can select several programmes using the Red key in the order that I want to "play" them, and then Press OK and they play out in sequence.

I've tried to do this using MS and the blue key to "Mark" a couple of programmes but when you play using either the OK or Play key only the first marked programme plays.

What I'd really like is this to work like Sky in that the Info screen is show for about 10 seconds and then the programme played out.

Is this possible in MS at the moment - or would it be possible to add this to your list of things to do?

Thanks

BTW Great Tap and lookng forward to NG.

Hi all

Does anyone have any suggestion of how to do this in MS or if the team would consider it as an enhancement.

Cheers

kenfowler3966
Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Oct 2006 Posts: 113
If there are two control timers set and automatically padded say starting at 8:57 and you select a new timer event for a programme ending at 9:00 a message is generated to say that the recording is set by removing the padding to one of the subsequent programmes. Often thisa takes the padding from the more important one, or the one most likely to start early. Is there any way to overide this so that it leaves this program alone and changes the padding on the other one?

The other thing I don't understand is why 2 consecutive programs on the same channel can't be recorded on the seperate tuners if nothing else is happening to preserve the paddig?

As an aside this thread is far too long for a new user to usefully look through, couldn't it be closed and a new one started, perhaps with a summary sheet of important info from the old archived section?
DanCJ
Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 143 Location: Sunny Exeter
mike.hinson wrote:

Back to back recordings seems to come up often, I wonder if we can dream up some new easy way to make all the back to back issues go away?

How about..... MS records both programmes as one file and then makes a copy of the file which is created. Then all it has to do is chop the appropriate sized chunk off the beginning of one file and the end of the other file and you'll have two back to back recordings both make on the same tuner and both with the correct padding!

Dan
mike.hinson
Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
kenfowler3966 wrote:
As an aside this thread is far too long for a new user to usefully look through, couldn't it be closed and a new one started, perhaps with a summary sheet of important info from the old archived section?
Hi,
Bob tends to create a new thread every time there is a major version update.

I have been trying to index the thread here
please feel free to contribute.

/\/\

chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:59 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Yep, the thread is way too long to read. If you have a question, first of all read the manual (including the FAQs) and if it hasn't been answered then just post it in the thread.

CW

terje
Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

I took MyStuff into use and I am having the same problem with its archive display as Media Manager has. The beginning of the longer programme info is always cut from the beginning. For example, the following description from Toppy's native archive (sorry, in Finnish):

"Remotti-Reiska perehtyy illuusiomaalaukseen. Tapiola Espoossa - Suomen paras asuinalue? Vanhan hirsitalon peruskorjaus: ulkomaalaus.Toimittajat: Jorma Piisinen ja Katja Soini. Tuotanto: FCC Oy."

shows as

"? Vanhan hirsitalon peruskorjaus: ulkomaalaus.Toimittajat: Jorma Piisinen ja Katja Soini. Tuotanto: FCC Oy."

The other descriptions are cut in a similar way:

"us joutuu kovan valinnan eteen. Caesar puolestaan on nähnyt kirjoitukset seinillä ja alkaa huolestua Brusuken aikeista" instead of the correct "Tuomio. Epäonninen Titus Pullo on ajautunut alamaailman hämärähommiin. Tuomariksi ylennyt Lucus joutuu kovan valinnan eteen. Caesar puolestaan on nähnyt kirjoitukset seinillä ja alkaa huolestua Brusuken aikeista"

I am using TAPs Description Extender 1.6, MyStuff 4.54e, eit2mei 7.2, FastSkip. My Topfield model is 5100PVRc (Finnish cable) with firmware version March 06.
janilxx
Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Aug 2005 Posts: 724
Just curious...

Is MyStuff 2.54e capable to do 1B from here?
And also with timers on different channels?

Any plans to add this feature?
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
terje wrote:
Hi,

I took MyStuff into use and I am having the same problem with its archive display as Media Manager has. The beginning of the longer programme info is always cut from the beginning. For example, the following description from Toppy's native archive (sorry, in Finnish):

"Remotti-Reiska perehtyy illuusiomaalaukseen. Tapiola Espoossa - Suomen paras asuinalue? Vanhan hirsitalon peruskorjaus: ulkomaalaus.Toimittajat: Jorma Piisinen ja Katja Soini. Tuotanto: FCC Oy."

shows as

"? Vanhan hirsitalon peruskorjaus: ulkomaalaus.Toimittajat: Jorma Piisinen ja Katja Soini. Tuotanto: FCC Oy."

The other descriptions are cut in a similar way:

"us joutuu kovan valinnan eteen. Caesar puolestaan on nähnyt kirjoitukset seinillä ja alkaa huolestua Brusuken aikeista" instead of the correct "Tuomio. Epäonninen Titus Pullo on ajautunut alamaailman hämärähommiin. Tuomariksi ylennyt Lucus joutuu kovan valinnan eteen. Caesar puolestaan on nähnyt kirjoitukset seinillä ja alkaa huolestua Brusuken aikeista"

I am using TAPs Description Extender 1.6, MyStuff 4.54e, eit2mei 7.2, FastSkip. My Topfield model is 5100PVRc (Finnish cable) with firmware version March 06.

Hi Terje,

I would guess this is a problem with Description Extender if you are seeing it with MS and Media Manager. Maybe post in that thread and see if Simon can help? I'm just thinking is DescriptionExtender support on your Toppy model?

CW

DanCJ
Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 143 Location: Sunny Exeter
I've got a strange problem.

Tomorrow night, I have some control timers set that should clash because of the buffers I have set. FOr some reason though, even though I have the "trim buffers across channels" option set to "no" it's trimming the buffers of to be able to record two different programmes, which are on different channels.

Any ideas?
terje
Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:38 am Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
Hi Terje,

I would guess this is a problem with Description Extender if you are seeing it with MS and Media Manager. Maybe post in that thread and see if Simon can help? I'm just thinking is DescriptionExtender support on your Toppy model?

CW
In MyStuff EPG the descriptions are shown as whole (the whole 256 characters, so DE works), and that's why I have believed that this is a problem in MyStuff/MediaManager.

Edit: I entered the message to DE thread, too. Thanks.
ichilton
Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:02 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
Hi BobD,

I have 2 requests, both of which I dont think are much development work.

Firstly I am thinking of doing a mobile/wap interface - would you be willing to detect, parse and set timers for a file (preferablly in the same format as the epg uploaded one to keep it generic) as part of the MyStuff periodic reload. This would be easy for you to implement, should not have any side effects on other parts of MyStuff but would allow other projects like alternative interfaces etc to set timers easily without needing another tap.

I've started a thread about this here:
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6777

Also...it would also be great to load an ExportList.txt file from Digiguide as part of the same process - at the moment this has to b e done manually from UK Timers. Here is an example of the file:

Quote:

4 Channel 4 19/11/2006 20:00 230 The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
6 ITV2 11/11/2006 22:15 100 Johnny English
11 Sky Three 12/11/2006 20:00 60 Lost

There is a thread about this here:
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6759

What do you think?

Thanks

Ian

dlpublic
Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:05 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Apr 2006 Posts: 47 Location: West Wiltshire
Quote:
That would be my next step - getting the recordings onto some mobile medium (phone or iPod) to listen in the car. What do you use to covert / listen to the recordings?

I simply use MPEG Streamclip, which enables me to edit off the padding and convert to mp4 in one process. Then copy them across to my Nokia 6230 mobile phone which has a 1GB MMC card.

BobD
Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:07 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4187 Location: Nottingham
ichilton wrote:
Firstly I am thinking of doing a mobile/wap interface - would you be willing to detect, parse and set timers for a file (preferablly in the same format as the epg uploaded one to keep it generic) as part of the MyStuff periodic reload. This would be easy for you to implement, should not have any side effects on other parts of MyStuff but would allow other projects like alternative interfaces etc to set timers easily without needing another tap.
We are already contemplating adding a kind of single-shot ControlTimer (ie on that will only set one timer), and MyStuff already reads all CTs whenever it reloads the epg data, so support for something like this is almost there already, and will probably be completely there in a later version.

Quote:
Also...it would also be great to load an ExportList.txt file from Digiguide as part of the same process - at the moment this has to b e done manually from UK Timers. Here is an example of the file:
We may consider adding this to a later version, but I doubt it will make it into the one we are currenly working on.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml