Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 111 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:51 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9304 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
KennyT wrote:
moley6knipe wrote:
chunkywizard wrote:
There is no way of currently doing this, sorry.

CW

I'd swear blind I've done back-to-back recordings on the same channel as 2 seperate files, both with padding. Seem to recall someone else saying so to. Am I mad? Quite happy to be, if I am....

I also have a memory of seeing the LCD say

"...rec1 p016 ... rec2 p016 ..." during an overlap period. Maybe I was going mad as well!

K

or I could be wrong Laughing MyStuff doesn't manage timers, rather it just sets them for the Toppy to manage, so it's really a question of whether the Toppy can do this rather than whether MS has the capability.

CW

mlavende
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 340
moley6knipe wrote:
chunkywizard wrote:

CW

I'd swear blind I've done back-to-back recordings on the same channel as 2 seperate files, both with padding. Seem to recall someone else saying so to. Am I mad? Quite happy to be, if I am....

I've had this happen recently. I have a CT for This Life. Two episodes a night, generally spanning midnight so the first gets set one day and the second gets set during th enext day's scan. I have seen them both with full padding. A quick 'rerun all searches' soon puts it 'right', but, as you pointed out it does sometimes put the end of the first on the second recording. Bit of a pain this, as I want to archive these to DVDs with individual episodes selectable. Now I'll have to stitch the bits together with the inevitable skip.

Oh well, such is life.

-Mat

jedininja666
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Nov 2005 Posts: 150
Hiya, quick question about Mystuff. I'm looking at something to replace Jags but need similar tuner control. I have a weak Tuner 2, which is completely out of my control. Jags allows me to select whichever tuner I would like for a particular recording. Just wondering, does Mystuff deliver the same level of complexity? I mainly need it for Channel Five and other channels on the same mux, which is always traditionally quite under-powered for me.
Bawbagg
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:28 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
jedininja666 wrote:
Hiya, quick question about Mystuff. I'm looking at something to replace Jags but need similar tuner control. I have a weak Tuner 2, which is completely out of my control. Jags allows me to select whichever tuner I would like for a particular recording. Just wondering, does Mystuff deliver the same level of complexity? I mainly need it for Channel Five and other channels on the same mux, which is always traditionally quite under-powered for me.
That's a damn fine feature of Jags. And one request we've never had.

Sorry to say that it can't currently be done in MyStuff. Crying or Very sad

On the plus point - we do have a tool to convert your Jags searches in MyStuff ControlTimers. Very Happy

Cheers,

BB

jedininja666
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Bawbagg wrote:

On the plus point - we do have a tool to convert your Jags searches in MyStuff ControlTimers. Very Happy

Thanks for mentioning this. Very Happy

Unfortunately I don't have any Jags searches. It's the Tuner control functionality I'm (somewhat desperately) after. Unfortunately Jags seems to be the only tap which has this, and is ironically the one I want to move away from (mainly because of the expiry / Bastille issues).

Don't suppose there might be any possibility of including this in future versions? Having tuner control is the ultimate in functionality, particularly when you know you have issues with certain channels / muxes. Incidentally, in Jags it works by giving you the option to record on Tuner 1, 2 or any currently available.

Thanks!

Dave.
Bawbagg
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:08 am Reply with quote
jedininja666 wrote:
Don't suppose there might be any possibility of including this in future versions? Having tuner control is the ultimate in functionality, particularly when you know you have issues with certain channels / muxes. Incidentally, in Jags it works by giving you the option to record on Tuner 1, 2 or any currently available.
MyStuff pretty much relinquishes timer control to the Toppy - we did try explicit control a while back, and we got into a *lot* of trouble, so we reverted. If MyStuff did this, we'd also be able to set 2 recordings on the same channel using different tuners - another discussion in this thread today.

It would be neat, but I'm not sure MyStuff internal structure is setup in such a way we can easily facilitate.

Never say never, but not at the moment. Certainly not in NG.

BB

jedininja666
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:13 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. I wonder how Jags is able to do it then, so neat and so well...

Sigh...... Sad
Bawbagg
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:02 am Reply with quote
Jags doesn't have quite the same "intelligence" as MyStuff. Jags relies on the user to wisely set things, and simply passes every timer parameter to the user to take care of. I know you don't use searches, but as an example, Jags simply sets a timer against a search match, and forgets about it. MyStuff takes care of it's timers - it's possible to delete a group of timers set by a single search in MyStuff. You can't do that in Jags.

MyStuff is a bit more "user friendly" in that it's effectively a point and click solution. Jags is a bit like taking a photo with an SLR camera - you have complete control, and can get excellent results. If you screw up, things go a bit fuzzy. MyStuff is more like a digital compact - you consistently get good results, but you don't have the same level of control for the fancy stuff.

Unfortunately for you, you don't want the user friendly point and click that works for most folks.

The request has been noted Wink.

Cheers,

BB

jedininja666
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:31 am Reply with quote
Aaahh.... I see the difference now. I guess I'm looking to have the added UI functionality of MyStuff with some of the more nitty-gritty elements of the Jags engine, making it the almighty behemoth one stop solution for all things Toppy, giving extra advanced controls for those who need them.

A bit like Windows itself maybe.... Wink

Just depends whether Team MyStuff are ready to rise to the occasion and become the Galatic Empire of TAPs!

But till that time, mucho aprecio for noting my request. Very Happy
EMJB
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:00 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3469 Location: Maldon Essex
jedininja666 wrote:
I have a weak Tuner 2, which is completely out of my control.

Are you sure it is the tuner and not the link from Tuner 1 which is often the source of problems? If you have not done so already, I would try replacing the link.
maverick
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:05 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Posts: 602 Location: Tunbridge Wells
moley6knipe wrote:
chunkywizard wrote:

CW

Had CT's set for Catherine Tate and Lead Balloon last night (consecutively on BBC2). The Catherine Tate file had the beginning of Lead Balloon and the Lead Balloon file has the end of Catherine Tate. Seems quite random when the Toppy uses different tuners to make consecutive recordings.

Mav.

andyfras
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3065 Location: Fleet, Hampshire (Hannington)
EMJB wrote:
jedininja666 wrote:
I have a weak Tuner 2, which is completely out of my control.

Are you sure it is the tuner and not the link from Tuner 1 which is often the source of problems? If you have not done so already, I would try replacing the link.

You could also try feeding tuner 2 first, then looping to tuner 1, in order to help pin down the problem.

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 1TB with fan, Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScWfZ
KennyT
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:50 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 244 Location: NW London
maverick wrote:
moley6knipe wrote:
chunkywizard wrote:

CW

Had CT's set for Catherine Tate and Lead Balloon last night (consecutively on BBC2). The Catherine Tate file had the beginning of Lead Balloon and the Lead Balloon file has the end of Catherine Tate. Seems quite random when the Toppy uses different tuners to make consecutive recordings.

Mav.

I wonder if that's the clue. When SWMBO sets stuff to be recorded on QVC, she just uses the 'record' button, rather than creating a CT...

K

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
I occasionally get overlapping recordings on the same channel as well, but it does seem to be rather unpredictable. One weekend I recorded 5 back-to-back Attenborough programs on UKTV History, all with overlap. The next weekend I tried the same again, but it wouldn't do it, whether with manual timers or with control timers. No idea why.
dataheadache
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 14 Nov 2005 Posts: 76 Location: Close to Waltham Transmitter
Just a quick question for any of the MyStuff development team - the new version you are currently working on and testing on your own systems - will it support Radio? I ask because with all the expiry notices on Jag's (for which I only use the Radio edition) and use Mystuff for TV - I would like something like Mystuff to replace Jag's...