Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 110 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
ichilton
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:27 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
Hi,

The chaining sounds good, but as well as that, it would be nice to have an option on the EPG screens to switch between views.

I can't remember off the top of my head what buttons do what in there at the moment (and it's probably changed anyway!) but as a daft example, if you are on the Grid EPG, it would be nice to press yellow to go to the RT one, yellow again to go to the EPGNN screen (shouldn't that be EPGNNN as there is now, next and next+1 Smile) and yellow again to go back to the Grid EPG.

By the same token, if you have gone direct to the Grid EPG, you could press yellow to go back.

What this would give, is the ability to setup the chain as you like - maybe just with the existing behaviour? - but then still cycle round the views (but in a fixed order).

Disclaimer - before anyone points it out, yes I know yellow will already be used - it was just an example and I wasn't suggesting that key!

Thanks

Ian

ichilton
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:38 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
Spok wrote:
I have one minute of auto-padding on the front and five minutes on the end of each programme. At the moment MyStuff just stops the first recording at 21:00 and immediately starts the second, removing the padding. Often the first programme will overrun slightly, causing the second to start late. The result is that the end of the first programme ends up on the beginning of the second file.

That reminds me - CW, did you see my post a few pages back about clarifying in the manual how the "remove padding on consecutive timers across all channels" option worked?

I was told back there that it only removes the padding on consecutive timers if it needed to use both tuners - i.e removing the padding would give an extra timer. There is no need to remove the padding if that would mean only one tuner was used and the other would be sat idle.

Thanks

Ian

chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
you do have this option, press Guide to go to the Grid EPG, press Guide again to go to the RTList view, press Guide to go to the Toppy EPG, it's just the same key as you used to invoke the Guide in the first place, this saves a key! Also you can jump between the chains as before, so pressing Guide in the N&N chain jump you to the start of the Guide chain.

HTH

CW

p.s. Also for those purists amonst you if you only have the Grid EPG in your chain the first press of Guide will open it and the second press will close it (or you can use exit as now). mr-b are you happy? Wink

Bawbagg
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:58 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
chunkywizard wrote:
p.s. Also for those purists amonst you if you only have the Grid EPG in your chain the first press of Guide will open it and the second press will close it (or you can use exit as now). mr-b are you happy? Wink
Also.... we have detached the Extended Info box from any chain. It is now a single keypress on a user defined button. This is neat - 'cos you can retrieve extended info for the currently viewed program without going into N+N first. Something you can't do in 4.54.

As a final comment, we also added an option to drop into the N+N chain by pressing any of the 4 arrow keys (a la $ky), although once in the N+N chain the arrow keys perform the normal navigation within the box.

I have mine setup with N+N chain on List, N+N chain has N+N, then the new RTList, then the new NNN view. I have Extended Info on Info. If I want to quickly see the N+N box, I stab an arrow key. If I want Extended Info, it's right there on the info button. I use a Harmony, and I have List buried away on an LCD button - this new navigation method is really customisable, and really intuitive. It works well.

BB

digital
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:21 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
BobD wrote:
As promised, here is the official notice that I have updated the NextVersion page of the MyStuff website.

Gulp... awesome!

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
Spok
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:30 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 05 May 2006 Posts: 89
Hi Chunkywizard,

Is there a chance that the facility where MS would make an overlap on two back to back recordings, by not removing the padding and utilising the two tuners, could make it into a future version? I, and I am sure many others, would find it very useful.

Spok.

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 271 Location: SW London
"Chaining" and the other changes sound great, very flexible. Personally I like to toggle/cycle between views with the same button rather than having to locate the Exit button when I'm finished, so this'll definitely improve MyStuff for me.

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
chunkywizard wrote:
There is no way of currently doing this, sorry.

CW

I'd swear blind I've done back-to-back recordings on the same channel as 2 seperate files, both with padding. Seem to recall someone else saying so to. Am I mad? Quite happy to be, if I am....

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3460 Location: Maldon Essex
chunkywizard wrote:

CW

May I re-iterate my suggestion that MyStuff makes a copy of all the channels, but with LCN x altered to 1000+x in the copies. As far as I can see the Toppy will not object to these as it doesn't seem to check the LCN against the broadcast stream - it just reads it in during the channel scan (as shown by the fact that it has not been necessary to do a rescan when LCNs have changed). When you want to record the same channel with the two tuners, you would use LCNs x & 1000+x.
trogon
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 06 May 2006 Posts: 85 Location: Nailsea, Bristol
I'm in the process of copying some programmes to VCR. If I use the native toppy archive, I can select several programmes using the Red key in the order that I want to "play" them, and then Press OK and they play out in sequence.

I've tried to do this using MS and the blue key to "Mark" a couple of programmes but when you play using either the OK or Play key only the first marked programme plays.

What I'd really like is this to work like Sky in that the Info screen is show for about 10 seconds and then the programme played out.

Is this possible in MS at the moment - or would it be possible to add this to your list of things to do?

Thanks

BTW Great Tap and lookng forward to NG.

chrisd
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:38 pm Reply with quote
chrisd wrote:

Does anyone have an idea of why the start pad may not have been applied? I was watching SCD over the entire period between Robin Hood and SCD Results and Live TV was also tuned to BBC1, so I wondered if the pad-logic could have got confused and thought te second and third events were contiguous somehow.

No replies so far Sad

Has anyone else reported missing start-pads (i.e. the time added to the start of the recording, which should have been 3 minutes in my case, but was missing)?

Thanks! Also, thanks to the MS team who have produced an excellent TAP.

Chris.

mike.hinson
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Spok wrote:
Hi Chunkywizard,

Is there a chance that the facility where MS would make an overlap on two back to back recordings, by not removing the padding and utilising the two tuners, could make it into a future version? I, and I am sure many others, would find it very useful.

Spok.
Hi,
There was quite a discussion about this earlier in the thread starting here:
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=68289#68289

KennyT
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 241 Location: NW London
moley6knipe wrote:
chunkywizard wrote:

CW

I'd swear blind I've done back-to-back recordings on the same channel as 2 seperate files, both with padding. Seem to recall someone else saying so to. Am I mad? Quite happy to be, if I am....

I also have a memory of seeing the LCD say

"...rec1 p016 ... rec2 p016 ..." during an overlap period. Maybe I was going mad as well!

K

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 143 Location: Sunny Exeter
The discussion I've seen is about getting each tuner to write to a different file for the overlapping period, but...

Is there any reason why the Toppy can't write to two files simultaneously from one timer, leaving the other timer free? That seems like the ultimate win-win scenario if it's possible. It wouldn't surprise me if it's not possible, but seeing as you can use a tuner to watch a different channel to the one that that tuner is recording it might not be so far fetched

Dan
mike.hinson
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
chrisd wrote:
chrisd wrote:

Does anyone have an idea of why the start pad may not have been applied? I was watching SCD over the entire period between Robin Hood and SCD Results and Live TV was also tuned to BBC1, so I wondered if the pad-logic could have got confused and thought te second and third events were contiguous somehow.
No replies so far Sad

Has anyone else reported missing start-pads (i.e. the time added to the start of the recording, which should have been 3 minutes in my case, but was missing)?
Cross channel padding being removed in spite of the option being set to keep it, was discussed here.
I haven't spotted anything since, so I guess the team were unable to reproduce the problem/feature. Wink