Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 109 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:56 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9304 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Basically yes. If you have fewer CTs, or they are restricted in channels or time then the search will be quicker.

CW

Baj
Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:45 pm Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:
Baj wrote:
Hi

I'm new to MS - brilliant TAP, but I have a problem renaming files.

As far as I can tell it is not possible to rename files in MS Archive. So I went into the Toppy archive and renamed a file; but the Ms archive file name did not change. Tried again with a different file and it worked: the MS archive file name had changed. This is the only time that I succeeded; all subsequent attempts to change file names in MS archive failed.

What am I doing wrong? Help please.

Thanks in anticipation

Baj
Hi Baj, and welcome

The names you see in MyStuff Archive are programme names, not file names. If a MEI file exists for the programme, then MyStuff will display the programme name (and other info) recorded in the file. It only uses the filename if the MEI file has gone missing for some reason.

If it needs to, MyStuff appends dates to filenames when automoving to avoid duplicate file names, but you won't see this change in the MS display. If all you did was add/remove dates when you were renaming some of your files, then the MEI file for the recording will still be linked to the programme name.

If you make a big change to the name, then MS will lose the link to the MEI file and (I think!) then display the filename instead.

HTH
Julie

Hi Julie,

Many thanks for your reply. all is now clear.

The expertise and helpfulness to be found in these forums is truly amazing.

thanks again

Baj
chrisd
Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Hi there,

I have CTs defined to record Strictly Come Dancing (x2) and Robin Hood on a Saturday evening on BBC1. Last Saturday I missed the start of all 3 programmes - mainly due to some inacurate EPG data which suggested each programme started 5 minutes later than it did (discussed on another forum). Since I have a default start pad of 3 minutes on each Control Timer, I missed just 2 minutes of the first 2 programmes, however the start pad was not applied to the last programme so I missed all 5 minutes! SCD and Robin Hood were contiguous but Robin Hood and SCD Results were not...

Does anyone have an idea of why the start pad may not have been applied? I was watching SCD over the entire period between Robin Hood and SCD Results and Live TV was also tuned to BBC1, so I wondered if the pad-logic could have got confused and thought te second and third events were contiguous somehow.

I should own up to still using MS 4.5, rather than the latest version, which I keep meaning to upgrade to.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions - and apologies if this has already been discussed - I did try a search first.

Chris.

pplatt
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Just a quick question from a Toppy newbie. I'm am planning on upgrading my frimware to the 'Bastille Day' release and then installing MS (4.54d) for the first time.

My question is, with the 'Bastille Day' firmware installed to I still need an EPG harvester TAP & if so what is the recommened one to use?

Sorry if this is already posted elsewhere but I couldn't find it whe I tried a search.

Thanks.
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
pplatt wrote:
Just a quick question from a Toppy newbie. I'm am planning on upgrading my frimware to the 'Bastille Day' release and then installing MS (4.54d) for the first time.

My question is, with the 'Bastille Day' firmware installed to I still need an EPG harvester TAP & if so what is the recommened one to use?

Sorry if this is already posted elsewhere but I couldn't find it whe I tried a search.

Thanks.

Why not install 4.54e as this is the latest version.
You still need some form of EPG gatherer. Eit2mei is probably the best for freeview EPG and the TAP just sits in the AutoStart folder and works in the background.

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
Whomper
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote
First up, a big thanks for MyStuff; it's fantastic from the off, and gets even better with a bit of tweaking. A donation will be coming as soon as my bank account has recovered from buying the Toppy.

A few queries - I've just re-ordered my EPG, which is great, but it doesn't work quite as I expected.

I'd hoped that it would be possible to assign numbers to the channels after re-ordering, so I could for example put the 24 or so channels I watch on 1-24. Is this feature hidden somewhere, or is it planned for any future versions of MyStuff?

The other query I had was about the list view - it would be neat if the Toppy's list-view for channel-changing could be replaced by a MyStuff one which uses the same custom-order as the EPG. This would make quick-channel hopping a lot more comfortable.

Incidentally; are the channel logos in the next version something that you'll provide, or are they carried on Freeview somehow?

Autostart TAPS:MyStuff v5.21a & Co; Other TAPS: OneList
BobD
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4194 Location: Nottingham
Evening All

As promised, here is the official notice that I have updated the NextVersion page of the MyStuff website. Take a look, and let us have your comments (within reason of course!)

Whomper wrote:
First up, a big thanks for MyStuff; it's fantastic from the off, and gets even better with a bit of tweaking. A donation will be coming as soon as my bank account has recovered from buying the Toppy.
Cheers Whomper!

Quote:

I'd hoped that it would be possible to assign numbers to the channels after re-ordering, so I could for example put the 24 or so channels I watch on 1-24. Is this feature hidden somewhere, or is it planned for any future versions of MyStuff?
You can't as such change the channel numbers used for channels on the Toppy, but you can use the MyStuff Favourites feature to make the epg only list your faves, and then P+ and P- will only step through those selected channels, ignoring all the ones you have not put into your faves list, and going in the specified order.

Quote:
The other query I had was about the list view - it would be neat if the Toppy's list-view for channel-changing could be replaced by a MyStuff one which uses the same custom-order as the EPG. This would make quick-channel hopping a lot more comfortable.
Again see above. That will make the EPG and Now&Next list the channels in the order you want.

Quote:
Incidentally; are the channel logos in the next version something that you'll provide, or are they carried on Freeview somehow?
We will supply logo files for you to download.

Cheers

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
Whomper
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Cheers for the quick response!

I've actually set up a favourites list, and it's working as described, I just wondered if the other options were also there somewhere.

I think I'm reconciled to the channel number thing - I'll just hide the LCNs, and look into TAPs that show the channel name on the Toppy's LCD rather than the LCN.

The second feature I was talking about seems more feasible though - a quick, non-fullscreen list mode for changing channel quickly without having to fire up the EPG. This would be similar to the one built into the Toppy's own software, but would use the Favourites channel list set up for MyStuff.

New stuff on the NextVersion page looks interesting. How will these new EPG/Now+Next views be accessed? I take it they're complementing the existing ones rather than replacing.

Autostart TAPS:MyStuff v5.21a & Co; Other TAPS: OneList
andyrogers
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2005 Posts: 814
Bob

The new views on you web site are excellent news, this is something that I have been keen to see in MyStuff.

Would it be possible to have different activation keys for these in the options menu, ie use the List key to bring up the new EPG Now & Next Screen, press List again to display the second activation screen?

Actually using the actual List key as a main key when viewing the toppy, not just when a MyStuff EPG view is present.

Thanks

Andy

Firmware: 5.14.09 Patched
AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
Other Taps: Sudoka, mei2archive, mei2eit, snake, meisearch
BobD
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:46 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4194 Location: Nottingham
We have introduced something we have called (at the moment) chaining.

So for both EPG and Now&Next you can specify an activation button (eg Guide, Info) and an order of views.

For instance you can set it up so that pressing Info shows the normal N&N view, pressing it again brings up the RTList, and again closes the RTList.

Or you can make the first press display RTList, and the second press displays the Extended Now&Next and the third press goes back to displaying the RTList again.

Its quite customisable, but at the moment you cannot have each view come up on a different key. You need to cycle through the chain by pressing the activation key, but what is in the chain, and the length of the chain, are up to you.

Additionally, in the EPG chain you can decide if you want the toppy epg to be the last view in the chain, or not to be in the chain at all.

Of course, this may change, but the above is the way it currently works.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
danb77
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
BobD wrote:

Additionally, in the EPG chain you can decide if you want the toppy epg to be the last view in the chain, or not to be in the chain at all.

Of course, this may change, but the above is the way it currently works.

These look great Bob! Thanks.
Will these chaining options be available for the archive key too?

TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
Sig generated by MyInfo TAP on 21/9/09
ichilton
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:13 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
Yay, those 2 new views look excellent - thanks Bob.

(now I want to try out NextGen even more!!)

chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:15 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9304 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
danb77 wrote:

These look great Bob! Thanks.
Will these chaining options be available for the archive key too?

At the moment, no, chaining is only for Info and Guide (or the key you chose for these functions). The Archive remains unchanged. The beauty of chaining is you can keep your setup unchanged if you don't want the new screens or you can access a multi-channel N&N view on the second stab of Guide (or indeed the first if you put it first in the chain),

HTH

CW

Spok
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:20 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 05 May 2006 Posts: 89
I often want to record two programmes which are broadcast one after the other on the same channel. No other recordings are taking place at the same time. Say programme 1 starts at 20:00 and finishes at 21:00. Programme 2 starts at 21:00 and finishes at 22:00. I have one minute of auto-padding on the front and five minutes on the end of each programme. At the moment MyStuff just stops the first recording at 21:00 and immediately starts the second, removing the padding. Often the first programme will overrun slightly, causing the second to start late. The result is that the end of the first programme ends up on the beginning of the second file.

Is there a solution to this (apart from making it one long recording)? As the Toppy can record two programmes at the same time, is there a way (using the settings in MyStuff) to make it do an overlap so that the padding for each programme is retained, as if the two programmes were on different channels?

Thanks for your help.

Spok.

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:22 am Reply with quote
There is no way of currently doing this, sorry.

CW