Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 107 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
juwlz
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:30 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10351 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
digital wrote:
Into standby and out again brings it up to 17.8MB.

Anyone any ideas on what to do next with only the above three TAPs loaded in AutoStart?

I assume TAP Commander is unlikely to be the cause of a memory leak.
The only thing I can suggest would be to install the MemoryWatcher TAP in Autostart (find it on the TAP page at http://www.toppy.org.uk/downloads/taps.php?tc=all) and see if you can spot a pattern to what's happening when your memory suddenly starts to disappear. (This will put a constant display of ongoing memory usage on your screen, unlike TAP Commander which will only give you a snapshot when you ask for it - most likely when it's too late to work out what caused the leak.)

You might like to set MyStuff to display on screen when it's updating its EPG data (Option H5); I don't know whether there is an option to get eit2mei to let you know when it's collecting data. If not, maybe DX will oblige with a version that will have an option to switch on notification for trouble-shooting purposes if you post on the eit2mei forum.

I can't think of anything else that goes on totally in the background that you wouldn't be able to spot. (e.g. Automoving will only happen when a recording finishes.) If anyone thinks of anything, hopefully they'll post here to help you out.

Good luck with your hunting!

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
bygjohn
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 May 2006 Posts: 216 Location: Crewe (TX: Winter Hill)
Bawbagg wrote:
bygjohn wrote:
Thanks, Julie. I've now taken the plunge and installed MS.
Well done. Welcome to the family ;D.

What EPG source are you using?? I can heartily recommend a RadioTimes based .mei file.

On recommendation of the team, I tried out eit2mei this week. While it does a a great job, I just couldn't bear to be without all the extra stuff I get from the Radio Times info. I particularly missed episode numbers - they got me out a pickle when I missed a couple of episodes of Lost during our holidays earlier in the year.

BB
I'm using eit2mei at the moment. The RT stuff is interesting, but being innately lazy and not having a permanent connection between PC and Toppy, sounds too much like hard work Shocked Plus I haven't had it so am not missing it, IYSWIM. Though once I get used to MS and past having to look in the manual all the time I might yet get adventurous.

However, current project is copying back all the recordings which I salvaged off the Toppy prior to reformatting the disc, after a bad crash which destroyed a whole bunch of stuff last w/e and left me with a potentially suspect filesystem. Mad

Plus point was the opportunity to re-think TAPs etc as I was rebuilding from scratch, hence trying MS out.

digital
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:38 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
Thanks. I'll give MemoryWatcher a try.

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
bygjohn
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:50 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 May 2006 Posts: 216 Location: Crewe (TX: Winter Hill)
juwlz wrote:
bygjohn wrote:
Thanks, Julie. I've now taken the plunge and installed MS.
Enjoy.

Now if we can only persuade BobD to include radio in MyStuff Wink ... (I believe there are members of the team working on him. Unfortunately, BobD doesn't use it, so he doesn't feel any great incentive.)

I don't use the Toppy for radio much, but being able to set CTs for I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue would make me a very happy bunny.

It was the lack of radio support that put me off MS initially. But analysing my radio use, it's mostly recording The Archers each evening, so I can live with it, I think. CTs for ISIHAC, Just a Minute and the News Quiz would make life easier, though!
Quote:
Mornington Crescent.

Finsbury rules? Very Happy

juwlz
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:13 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10351 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
bygjohn wrote:
It was the lack of radio support that put me off MS initially. But analysing my radio use, it's mostly recording The Archers each evening, so I can live with it, I think. CTs for ISIHAC, Just a Minute and the News Quiz would make life easier, though!
There are certainly a few regular occasional series that I frequently find I've missed (or caught the last-but-one episode of) that CTs would solve.
Quote:
Quote:
Mornington Crescent.
Finsbury rules? Very Happy
Only if you have a green light on the diagonal Laughing

Julie

(With apologies to the uninitiated.)

Last edited by juwlz on Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kinch
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 Sep 2006 Posts: 97 Location: Hampshire/Surrey/W.Sussex
I wonder if anyone can help me.

I am having a spot of bother with the timeshift on the red,gree,yellow and blue buttons.
I have changed the times in MS to be :
Red -30
Green -10
Yellow 10
Blue 30

But when i use them it clearly isnt that amount of time they skip (ranges from around 5-15 seconds). I have remote extender working and i use the Harmony 885.

Is there anything i need check?
KennyT
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 241 Location: NW London
I think it's a known bug. Bobnthegang were going to look into it but I can't remember if they know what the problem is...

K

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Kinch wrote:
Red -30
Green -10
Yellow 10
Blue 30

But when i use them it clearly isnt that amount of time they skip (ranges from around 5-15 seconds). I have remote extender working and i use the Harmony 885.
There was quite some discussion in this thread about this some time ago. The consensus seemed to be that it's not possible to be that accurate with the time jumps, and also that jumping backwards by <n> is not the opposite of jumping forwards by the same amount.

Don't know whether BobD (and/or the original author of the time-jumping code - it's been lifted from elsewhere in one of the many collaborations) ever got to the bottom of this.

mike.hinson
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Hi, Smile
I think this is where the QuickJump accuracy discussion started:
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=67979#67979

Kinch
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 Sep 2006 Posts: 97 Location: Hampshire/Surrey/W.Sussex
Ta for that, at least its not just me then.

Very Happy
cuthbert
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 76
Hi Guys,
Had my Topfield 2 weeks now, and just installed MyStuff 4.54e. I thought the original UI was pretty good until I saw this! Cool. Control timers are a killer feature, and really release the power of the box. There are many smaller features I like too, particularly the way you can resume viewing your last viewed recording by pressing the slow key. And the way MyStuff deals with padding and back to back recordings is very slick. Well done to Bob and the team, I say.

I guess this has been mentioned before, though I could not find it with a search: If you create your 'My Favourites.mcl' file on a Linux box, don't forget to convert it to Dos/Windows text, otherwise you will see some very odd behaviour in the EPG. I am running Linux and using puppy for transfers. I coverted this piece of perl: s/\n/\r\n/;

Cheers,
Jim
webb2000
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:14 pm Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:
Kinch wrote:
Red -30
Green -10
Yellow 10
Blue 30

There was quite some discussion in this thread about this some time ago. The consensus seemed to be that it's not possible to be that accurate with the time jumps, and also that jumping backwards by <n> is not the opposite of jumping forwards by the same amount.

Don't know whether BobD (and/or the original author of the time-jumping code - it's been lifted from elsewhere in one of the many collaborations) ever got to the bottom of this.

If this is on the list to be looked at, can I vote for it to be left alone please!

I find the current (inaccurate) behaviour works in our favour for ad skipping. I can skip most ad breaks exactly with no more than three button presses maximum, and often one or two only are required.

Our setup is:-

Red + 234
Green + 57
Yellow + 20
Blue - 20

The most common sequence for us is red then yellow then blue (if it overshoots slightly). Because of the way the reverse skip is often not as much as the forward (and usually seems to find a key frame), these three presses usually get you to the exact spot!
Derham
Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:04 am Reply with quote
digital wrote:
I moved all TAPs except Tap Commander, MyStuff and eit2mei out of AutoStart and went into and out of standby but 'Unable to get memory to load EPG data!' displayed again with memory back down to 1.4MB overnight.

Into standby and out again brings it up to 17.8MB.

Anyone any ideas on what to do next with only the above three TAPs loaded in AutoStart?

I assume TAP Commander is unlikely to be the cause of a memory leak.

Try deleting the Freeview.mei file that eit2mei creates and let it build it again. I've had that problem and deleting the file has corrected it.
bygjohn
Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:27 am Reply with quote
Over the weekend, I noticed some odd behaviour in the MyStuff archive with radio recordings. In know MS doesn't support radio, so I just need to know if this is normal or not.

What happens is, that when a radio timer starts (at least one on Radio 4), the programme shows in the archive with the details for what's currently on Channel 5, presumably as it's a TV channel on the same mux. So, for example, last night's Archers showed as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, which is pleasingly surreal, I'll admit Laughing

Even after the recording is finished, though, no amount of pressing 0 changes this, but after going into standby and back out again it magically appears with the correct info. I've noticed this twice now, so it's repeatable.

IanSimmons
Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Apr 2006 Posts: 53 Location: Kent
bygjohn wrote:
What happens is, that when a radio timer starts (at least one on Radio 4), the programme shows in the archive with the details for what's currently on Channel 5, presumably as it's a TV channel on the same mux. So, for example, last night's Archers showed as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, which is pleasingly surreal, I'll admit Laughing

I think it's been mentioned before... Similarly, I copied a small section out of the Eurovision Song Contest (the hilarious Finnish winning entry Twisted Evil ) so I could delete the main file. MS reported the resulting file as 'News Today' or something similar, which happened to be on at the time I made the copy. The Toppy archive reported it correctly as a Eurovision copy.