Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 106 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
juwlz
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:39 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10353 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
juwlz wrote:
I (and others) HAVE seen the occasional problem where a recording "disappears" from the MS archive immediately after it's finished, but if you go into the native archive and back into MS, it reappears (even though pressing 0 to refress MS didn't make a difference). Could it be that you've had one of those?

(I think it's something to do with Automove and timing.)

Julie

I thought that was a bugette that related to running MyStuff in Exclusive mode?
That too ... or maybe instead. What do **I** know? Rolling Eyes

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
Juwlz, Well said, I know nothing Rolling Eyes I was just speculating Smile Hope your feeling better. Did you pin down the problem with your Music folder?

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
eye of ra
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:04 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1012 Location: Sandhurst, Berkshire. Tx: Hannington.
Due to the addition of the two five channels I did some changes to my favourite list, removing news24 (and one I never watched) as I don?t need EPG data for this, but do watch it. This keeps my list to 24 channels, therefore with one press of >> or << I can view all my channels.

However now when I manually select channel 80 and then press guide I get a small problem. After the message "This channel ...." I either get BBC1 listed twice (top one with no information) or none of the channel names come up at all (empty boxes, with the time line displayed) with part of the message remaining on screen, pressing v or ^ corrects it.

AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
UKJames
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:46 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Apr 2006 Posts: 25 Location: Hampshire (Rowridge TX)
I'm not sure if this has been requested before, is in the current build (and wonky EPG data is messing it up for me) or it isn't in at all, but can I suggest/request that the sort order of the Recordings by Name and Timers by Name screens be:

Prog Name
Description (+extended [not sure how that works])
Date
Channel?
Anything else?

As I think this would help to spot duplicates better. It's the decription bit that interests me the most as looking through my timers last night i spotted the same programmes set to record twice, but they weren't next to each other.

Cheers
James

IanSimmons
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Apr 2006 Posts: 53 Location: Kent
juwlz wrote:
I (and others) HAVE seen the occasional problem where a recording "disappears" from the MS archive immediately after it's finished, but if you go into the native archive and back into MS, it reappears (even though pressing 0 to refress MS didn't make a difference). Could it be that you've had one of those?

(I think it's something to do with Automove and timing.)

Julie

I tried that...
juwlz
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:44 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10353 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
Juwlz, Well said, I know nothing Rolling Eyes I was just speculating Smile Hope your feeling better. Did you pin down the problem with your Music folder?
Thanks UKJ
I'm feeling better thanks - settling down to a good old-fashioned cold now.

As to the Music folder/reboot problem, sadly, having made the problem go away before (by renaming files), I never did manage to get it back, so now we're back to waiting for it to happen (to someone) again, so that BobD can deploy the troubleshooting code. Bob's suspicion is that it's connected with the MEI files, but as these get deleted when there's no matching filename ...

Julie

juwlz
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:26 pm Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:
I've just (at about 7:58-ish) set a timer by pressing Rec from Guide for "The State Within" which starts tonight at 9pm.

I got a message (in the right skin, so from MyStuff) saying that although the timer had been set, it "clashed" with an active recording. I then pressed Rec again and changed The State Within to a CT and waited ...
Oh poo! Just checked, and either The State Within didn't record, or it got thrown away. It's not in the folder it should have been Automoved to OR at the top level (whether I look with MS or Native). I didn't check whether it was actually recording while it was on last night.

Bu**er!

Luckily, it would appear that it's being shown again at 2:10am (presumably with signing) on Tuesday.

So, it would appear that MS:
1. Warned about the clash with Holby's padding (which was considered "active" for this purpose)
2. adjusted the recording time for Holby (which presumably means it DIDN'T consider it active for this purpose)
3. set a CT (when I converted from one-off to CT), but for some reason didn't include a timer for "tonight's" episode.

What I don't know is whether it adjusted Holby's end time before or after I converted from one-off to CT. Over to BobD, methinks

Julie

bygjohn
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 May 2006 Posts: 216 Location: Crewe (TX: Winter Hill)
Am contemplating giving MS a try, and have a couple of possibly dumb questions:

As MS ignores the radio side of the Toppy, does it also ignore radio timers set via the native EPG and radio recordings?

So do radio recordings show in the archive if J5 is set to Yes (exclusive mode)?

And would I need to set D5 (adjust which timers for schedule changes) to CTs only to stop it mucking about with radio timers?

juwlz
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quote
bygjohn wrote:
Am contemplating giving MS a try, and have a couple of possibly dumb questions:

As MS ignores the radio side of the Toppy, does it also ignore radio timers set via the native EPG and radio recordings?

So do radio recordings show in the archive if J5 is set to Yes (exclusive mode)?

And would I need to set D5 (adjust which timers for schedule changes) to CTs only to stop it mucking about with radio timers?
Hi BygJohn, and welcome

I'll answer your question by telling you how it works for me:

I have a regular timer (set the hard way, with the Native Toppy interface) for 10am on Sundays to record The Archers Omnibus, so (as long as you have the correct options set in MS(?)), although MS doesn't get involved, the recordings work as you would expect.

The timer shows up in the MyStuff list of timers, and the recording shows in in the MS Archive. I have D5 set to All.

HTH
Julie

bygjohn
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 May 2006 Posts: 216 Location: Crewe (TX: Winter Hill)
Thanks, Julie. I've now taken the plunge and installed MS.

juwlz
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:20 pm Reply with quote
bygjohn wrote:
Enjoy.

Now if we can only persuade BobD to include radio in MyStuff Wink ... (I believe there are members of the team working on him. Unfortunately, BobD doesn't use it, so he doesn't feel any great incentive.)

I don't use the Toppy for radio much, but being able to set CTs for I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue would make me a very happy bunny.

Mornington Crescent.

Bawbagg
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:43 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
bygjohn wrote:
Well done. Welcome to the family ;D.

What EPG source are you using?? I can heartily recommend a RadioTimes based .mei file.

On recommendation of the team, I tried out eit2mei this week. While it does a a great job, I just couldn't bear to be without all the extra stuff I get from the Radio Times info. I particularly missed episode numbers - they got me out a pickle when I missed a couple of episodes of Lost during our holidays earlier in the year.

BB

captain747480
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:20 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jun 2005 Posts: 499 Location: London Transmitter: Crystal Palace
I've looked at the FAQ, known bugs and also done a search on here but I couldn't find any info relating to this.

If I'm dual recording from 2 different muxes e.g. BBC1 and C4 when I use Ch+ / Ch- I can't get past the 'gaps' that appear because of channels being on other muxes. So for example when recording BB1 and C4 I can Ch+ from BBC1->BBC2->ITV1->C4 but then I get stuck because Five isn't available.

If I exit MyStuff Ch+ / Ch- work Ok.

chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:37 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9305 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Yep, we have replicated. We will look at fixing this...

CW

digital
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:37 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
I moved all TAPs except Tap Commander, MyStuff and eit2mei out of AutoStart and went into and out of standby but 'Unable to get memory to load EPG data!' displayed again with memory back down to 1.4MB overnight.

Into standby and out again brings it up to 17.8MB.

Anyone any ideas on what to do next with only the above three TAPs loaded in AutoStart?

I assume TAP Commander is unlikely to be the cause of a memory leak.

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11