<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 98 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
ichilton
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:00 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
chunkywizard wrote:
It's a tad buggy at the moment

So you should just have it on the site and mark it as unstable, unsupported etc etc.

Speaking of which, I take it MyStuff is not open source?

Thanks

Ian

ichilton
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:06 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
Hi All,

Finally got around to finish reading the MyStuff manual while I was away this week.

I was thinking about Option D3 though - to allow it to remove padding from timers across all channels.

Is it possible to have it only remove the padding on other channels if it is already using 2 tuners at that time?

It's great to be able to schedule another timers which wouldn't have been schedulable with padding on other timers but it seems a shame to loose the padding (and potentially the start or end of a programme) if a 2nd tuner is sat idle at that time because the option is globally on if you see what I mean.

Thanks

Ian

juwlz
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10280 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
ichilton wrote:
I was thinking about Option D3 though - to allow it to remove padding from timers across all channels.

Is it possible to have it only remove the padding on other channels if it is already using 2 tuners at that time?
That's how it works now. Cross-channel padding is only ever removed if that's the only way to allow recordings to occur.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:26 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
ichilton wrote:
Quote:
One area which is becoming a fairly major concern in Next Generation are the number of options. I think we're now up in the 80's

I dont think that's a concern because configurability is good and it would be a shame to loose that.

But, would it not make things easier to navigate by changing the sections to pages - so you get a list of option types, select one and just get a page containing the options for that type?

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

it you press >> or << it jumps a section at a time, this is quite close to what you want I believe,

CW

juwlz
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:30 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10280 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
ichilton wrote:
chunkywizard wrote:
So you should just have it on the site and mark it as unstable, unsupported etc etc.

In reverse order, no, BobD does all the coding; it's not OpenSource.

Bob's already blown his bandwidth for this month, and that's just because people want to see screenshots of the new version. Allowing downloads of frequently-changing versions (often several a day) would cost him a small fortune.

The team DO invite certain individuals to help out with beta-testing when they think features in a particular version would be appropriate to them. Other than that, they'd get bomarded with even more duplicate bug reports and requests for changes than they do now, and nothing would ever get done! Give the guys a break. It's up to Bob and the team to decide how best to manage the development of this (FREE!) TAP.

Julie

chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:56 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
ichilton wrote:
chunkywizard wrote:

Thanks

Ian

Doing that would creat way too much feedback and make it very hard to debug. It is better to keep it in a controlled environment IMHO.

and no, source code is not available,

HTH

CW

sanecyclist
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:21 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
Quote:
source code is not available

Why not btw? Are you planning to charge for it eventually? Or are you hoping Topfield might buy it to integrate into the firmware?

I think the Toppy could benefit greatly if more TAPs were open source and people could provide patches and reuse code instead of reinventing the wheel all the time.
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:45 am Reply with quote
Bob has stated that he will not charge for MS. However, he likes to keep a tight lease on this code, after all he has spent hours of time coding it. However, he does swap code with other TAP writers to allow better integration between TAPs. He has code from SimonC, Firebird, DX, Bellissimo (and probably some more) integrated into MyStuff. Code and ideas have been swapped with rwg on MEISearch (which can now set CTs) and also the MEI taps, eg Wooders' rt2mei and DX's eit2mei.

I am sure I will have missed someone in the list (sorry!) but rest assured that just because the code is not open-source that doesn't limit MyStuff or other complimentary TAPs at all.

Hope that explains things,

CW

juwlz
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:04 am Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
Bob has code from SimonC, Firebird, DX, Bellissimo (and probably some more) integrated into MyStuff. Code and ideas have been swapped with rwg on MEISearch (which can now set CTs) and also the MEI taps, eg Wooders' rt2mei and DX's eit2mei.
Hi CW

Just checked your website ... perhaps you might like to add MEISearch and rt2mei to the list of complementary TAPs there too Wink

Ah - just spotted there's a separate "boxed" link to rt2mei. Might be useful to add it to the Complementary TAPS list too, though.

Julie

chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:11 am Reply with quote
you're right, I should - however it is in the new manual Wink Obviously I can't release this until after V5 though Laughing

CW

eye of ra
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1012 Location: Sandhurst, Berkshire. Tx: Hannington.
chunkywizard wrote:
Obviously I can't release this until after V5 though Laughing

Had you thought of releasing the manual before NG. I?m not talking now, but perhaps something like a week before.

This would force people to RTFM before the release and hopefully reduce the number of questions posted.

It would also mean that when NG was released there would be more people able to answer questions for the ones who have not read it (easing the teams load).

There is always the possibility that releasing the manual early would create questions before V5 had even been released, but it did seem to work well with MP3 Jukebox.

AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Hi EoR,

we did that with 4.5 actually. We might do it again, we will wait and see.

BTW there is a 'What's New' section now with hyperlinks to the bits that have changed so it should be an essential read for everyone Wink

CW

nwood
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 343 Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
MarkG wrote:
Nigel

Re: Incorrect time remaining on a partially viewed recording

I get this happening but it is tied up with chase play, in my case. If I have a recording ongoing and I flick onto that channel, instead of live TV, I get the start of the recording. Everytime I flick over, it restarts the recording. It then shows this in the archive as a partially viewed recording, but with numbers which don't appear to match the length of the programme.

MG

Thanks a lot Mark. Seems like a well defined set of circumstances that cause the mixup on time remaining. Over to the experts ...

chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Yep, we have replicated on our version. Bob has re-written that part of the code so hopefully it should be better now!

CW

stuey
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 203 Location: East London/Essex border
ichilton wrote:
But, would it not make things easier to navigate by changing the sections to pages - so you get a list of option types, select one and just get a page containing the options for that type?

a similar idea to mine in the first bullet point of this post...? I actually think that once one has MS set up how they like it, there is little use of the Options page. The only time I go into mine now, is when I have to quote the Option number and setting on this forum Smile