Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 97 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
stuey
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 203 Location: East London/Essex border
I'm going to try a different tactic on this one... Very Happy

Are there any plans in NextGen to handle setting up a CT when two recordings are already set as timers at the same time as the programme you want to CT? At present the dialog box just says "can't record", so I have to manually create a CT - and if it was (for example) "Around the world in Eighty Days", that's quite a bit of Upping and Downing!!

An extension to the above, perhaps - if the above scenario asks "Do you wish to create a CT instead?" when there were two other recordings, the dialog box could also ask whether "in future, do you want this recording to be: Higher/Lower priority than X or Y" - the priority on the new CT is then set +1 higher or +1 lower than the highest/lowest priority of X and Y...? Hope you get the idea!

KennyT
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:31 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 241 Location: NW London
juwlz wrote:
...I believe the firmware bug that occasionally prevents the Toppy coming out of standby for timers is still live and kicking (don't know where it's documented, and don't have time to look now Wink ), but that's why we never put ours in standby. WAY too dangerous!

EIT2MEI and MS both keep updating in the background, so there's no NEED to switch off to repopulate anything any more. 'Nuff said

Julie

I had the toppy get its KIAT last weekend. Remote not responding, nothing being recorded etc. Off then On fixed it.

So, I think my advice would be to leave the toppy on most of the time but, when it's not doing anything else, at least put it in and out of standby to clear any cobwebs...

K

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:29 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
MarkG wrote:
Re: Incorrect time remaining on a partially viewed recording. I get this happening but it is tied up with chase play, in my case. If I have a recording ongoing and I flick onto that channel, instead of live TV, I get the start of the recording. Everytime I flick over, it restarts the recording. It then shows this in the archive as a partially viewed recording, but with numbers which don't appear to match the length of the programme. However, sometimes I get live TV but I haven't worked out why

Just had this last night for the first time, too. Recording something set via CT (name escapes me - only one recording active though). Opening archive showed it with the "P" partially played symbol, and the file highlighted in blue, telling me it was partially watched. Normally I'd have seen the red circle and "Recording". I think I had flicked over to that channel as well. Apparently my wife said this happened last week on the same recording, but it played back ok. I'll edit with some more details when I get home tonight!

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:00 am Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I have a toppy on the way to me (Hopefully arriving today) and have been busily downloading some TAPs so I will have everything ready and waiting for when it arrives.

I've been trying to download MyStuff for the past day or two but everytime I go to the MyStuff site (http://www.bobdsmystuff.co.uk) I get an "Account temporarily disabled because of exceeding bandwidth" message. Is there anywhere else I can download the latest version of MyStuff from?

Cheers.
DX
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:11 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 2670
thrawn wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a toppy on the way to me (Hopefully arriving today) and have been busily downloading some TAPs so I will have everything ready and waiting for when it arrives.

I've been trying to download MyStuff for the past day or two but everytime I go to the MyStuff site (http://www.bobdsmystuff.co.uk) I get an "Account temporarily disabled because of exceeding bandwidth" message. Is there anywhere else I can download the latest version of MyStuff from?

Cheers.

http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5735&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1430
Baj
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quote
Hi

Does anybody know at what time of day does RT update its XML Feed, please?

Thanks IA.

Baj
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:57 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
Baj wrote:
Hi

Thanks IA.

Baj

07:00 - 07:05 normally somewhere in this time frame.

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
ahoneymonster
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 30 Sep 2006 Posts: 39
hi, i have downloaded mystuff from the new link to desktop - does anyon one know where i can download the manual/instructions for it ?

cheers
thrawn
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quote

Thanks DX, and thanks to MarkG as well for the email help Smile
juwlz
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:29 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10333 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
ahoneymonster wrote:
does anyone know where i can download the manual/instructions for it ?
See the sig on any posting from ChunkyWizard (who wrote it) ...
RTFM: www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
juwlz
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:42 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10333 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
stuey wrote:
An extension to the above, perhaps - if the above scenario asks "Do you wish to create a CT instead?" when there were two other recordings, the dialog box could also ask whether "in future, do you want this recording to be: Higher/Lower priority than X or Y" - the priority on the new CT is then set +1 higher or +1 lower than the highest/lowest priority of X and Y...? Hope you get the idea!
That reminds me, I've been meaning to ask for a way to set a priority when initially creating a CT too. Even if it's only a crude High (top of the list) / Med (middle) or Low (bottom), or possibly 1 (Top) - 5 (Bottom). ATM new CTs always get relegated to the bottom of the priority list. I know that you can move a CT to the top of the priority list by moving it "down" off the bottom (found that one by accident), but it's the ones you want in the middle somewhere that take a fair bit of "up" of "down"-ing.

A priority rating would allow you to get it more-or-less right straight away, and you could still fine-tune in the normal way.

Julie

P.S. If the team go for it and implement a 1-5 priority, I'd suggest initially setting all pre-existing CTs to have a priority of 3 (which could then be edited if/as required), and new CTs to default to a priority of 3, and that way everything would still work as before for people who don't want to use it.

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
Baj
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Baj wrote:
Hi

Thanks IA.

Baj

07:00 - 07:05 normally somewhere in this time frame.

Thanks, but, it has just occurred to me, what does "update" mean?

Does it mean that just data for the fourteenth day is added; or are schedule changes for the whole period applied?

Thanks IA

Baj
stuey
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 203 Location: East London/Essex border
juwlz wrote:
Even if it's only a crude High (top of the list) / Med (middle) or Low (bottom), or possibly 1 (Top) - 5 (Bottom).

Laughing I was going to go down that route, and did the High/Mid/Low priority in my head. Then thought "that isn't going to be granular enough" and went to 1-10!! Gave up on it as I thought it would be just too confusing and unintuitive! ("is 1 Highest or Lowest Priority?"!!)

juwlz wrote:
...new CTs to default to a priority of 3...
or Medium, or in the current model just place it smack-bang in the middle of the priority list...

wooders
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Aug 2005 Posts: 428 Location: The National Forest
Baj wrote:
Thanks, but, it has just occurred to me, what does "update" mean?

Does it mean that just data for the fourteenth day is added; or are schedule changes for the whole period applied?

The RT data comes in the form of .dat files. Each file contains the program data for one channel. Each .dat file is replaced every morning; the new file starts with today's data and normally contains a total of 14 days of data, i.e. the previous day's data is dropped and a new day's data is added to the end.

HTH

Let rt2mei 1.1a feed your Toppy with EPG data from the Radio Times website.
Download rt2mei from http://www.wooders.co.uk/rt2mei
ichilton
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:27 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
Quote:
One area which is becoming a fairly major concern in Next Generation are the number of options. I think we're now up in the 80's

I dont think that's a concern because configurability is good and it would be a shame to loose that.

But, would it not make things easier to navigate by changing the sections to pages - so you get a list of option types, select one and just get a page containing the options for that type?

Thanks

Ian