Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page
 
Author Message

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 45 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
moley6knipe
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
I know it's probably not a trivial thing, but are there plans for a single channel view of the epg as per the native one?

_________________
Firmware 5.13.65 patched; Waltham TX; Samsung T133 Series 400LD 400Gb HDD
View user's profile Send private message
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
we have debated another EPG view, but nothing is settled. We know some people are after a Jag's style n&n, again it's on our discussion points...

the trouble is there are so many requests... Wink

CW

_________________
Toppy:TF5800 F/W: 1365PaTcHeD
TAPs: MyStuff | EPG2MEI | FontManager | SecCache UK | Extend | FastScanGUI | EIT_sub_game | MyInfo | ScreenCapture with OSD | MHEG On/Off
MyStuff Manual & Logos | Known Bugs | Recommended F/W
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
moley6knipe
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
...and so little time. Thanks for the forthcoming ignore-punctuation-in-CTs change, BTW!

_________________
Firmware 5.13.65 patched; Waltham TX; Samsung T133 Series 400LD 400Gb HDD
View user's profile Send private message
Bawbagg
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:59 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
moley6knipe wrote:
...and so little time. Thanks for the forthcoming ignore-punctuation-in-CTs change, BTW!
BobD was quick out the blocks on this one - we have a test version with the feature already!

He codes like lightening that man. Laughing Laughing

BB

_________________
TAPs: MyStuff Something or other + whatever CW recommends
MEI readme and latest version at http://my.opera.com/bawbagg
Current MyStuff Known Bugs http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
eye of ra
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1012 Location: Sandhurst, Berkshire. Tx: Hannington.
Done some catching up, downloaded 4.54b.

WWSkiller compatibility, better than sliced bread! It?s better than the wheel. Wink Thanks Bob.

But there does seem to be a bit of confusion over what it does, so I?ll try and explain it.

WSSkiller has two functions, one is designed for ppl with widescreen TVs the other for ppl with overscan.

In trying to keep it simple this may not be totally technically accurate.

The Toppy will tell your TV to use 4:3 or 16:9 programs, but the 4:3 program can be any shape 4:3, 14:9, 16:9 or letterbox, the 4:3 picture will have "said" image with black bars within the picture to create an image of "said" size. Some TVs will detect these bars and auto switch some won?t, especially 14:9.

If WSSkiller is told it?s a genuine 16:9 picture by the broadcaster it just passes on this info, but if its told its 4:3 program it will detects the shape of the actual image then tell the TV.

History Channel is a good example as a lot of its programming is a 4:3 program with a 14:9 image, the music channels are even better as all the programming is 4:3 even if the image is 14:9, 16:9 or Letterbox, with Dogs, set up correctly (the defaults do not do WSSkiller justice, in this country) it will ignore all the dogs and display the video in its correct shape.

Compatable Taps and Toppy menus will display as you want 4:3 or 16:9, gone are the days of watching a program and pressing a Tap to find half its menus are not visible.

Overscan can also be solved for TVs that suffer with this.

Please refer all further questions to the WSSkiller tread on "overscan" or questions not related with MS.

_________________
Toppy: 5800. Firmware: 5.13.65 Patched
AutoStart: MyStuff 5.62a | MP3 Jukebox 2.1d | WSSkiller 2.12d | Quickjump 1.69
eit2mei 7.8m3 | TapLauncher 3.7c | MHEGControl B1 | TF5000 Display 1.51
AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
View user's profile Send private message
en4rab
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:31 am Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Dec 2005 Posts: 15 Location: 127.0.0.1
Since everybody else seems to have ideas as to what they would like in newer versions of mystuff I have a feature id liek to request:

It seems that for programs that have an unusually large title in the EPG the toppy firmware is a little brain dead and names the recording the same as the program name even if the program name is too large to be saved, this results in files being created that dont have a .rec extension and so dont appear in the archive view even though there is a valid recording present on the drive.
The issue is explained in this thread here:
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6201

I have recently encountered this problem recording the show "Bodyshock: the girl whose muscles are turning to bone" on channel five, i think the resulting recording was called somethin like Bodyshock:The girl whose muscles are turning to bone:five" without a .rec extension.

Is there any chance mystuff could workaround this problem and check the file name of any recordings it has made to ensure they have a .rec extension and if not rename the file with a slightly shorter name and a correct extension.
Im still learning about mystuffs features but i believe it has the ability to move a recording to an appropriate directory after the recording has finished , im guessing it would be most appropriate to add a valid filename check just after the recording finishes and before the file is moved (if it is set up to be moved)
I realise the overly long filename is probably rather a rare problem but it is really confusing when it happens as it just looks like it failed to record untill you use altair to view the contents of the datafiles directory.
Thankyou
en4rab
View user's profile Send private message
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:54 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Thanks for the request. It seems very valid and simple to implement, we like those Wink I am sure Bob can do something with it...

CW

_________________
Toppy:TF5800 F/W: 1365PaTcHeD
TAPs: MyStuff | EPG2MEI | FontManager | SecCache UK | Extend | FastScanGUI | EIT_sub_game | MyInfo | ScreenCapture with OSD | MHEG On/Off
MyStuff Manual & Logos | Known Bugs | Recommended F/W
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
EMJB
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:45 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3433 Location: Maldon Essex
eye of ra wrote:
Compatable Taps and Toppy menus will display as you want 4:3 or 16:9, gone are the days of watching a program and pressing a Tap to find half its menus are not visible.


As I said in earlier post, I think the most useful feature of WSSKiller is to be able to display the MyStuff grid as 16:9 when watching a 4:3 programme without any extra fiddling around.
View user's profile Send private message
BobD
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:46 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4180 Location: Nottingham
en4rab wrote:
I have recently encountered this problem recording the show "Bodyshock: the girl whose muscles are turning to bone" on channel five, i think the resulting recording was called somethin like Bodyshock:The girl whose muscles are turning to bone:five" without a .rec extension.
How did you set this recording? Via a CT or by pressing Rec in EPG/N&N? Or by some other way that escapes me at the moment?

_________________
FW: ChunkyWizard Recommended
TAPs:
MyStuff (always one version ahead of everyone else!), and recommended support TAPS
MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
danb77
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:58 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
EMJB wrote:

As I said in earlier post, I think the most useful feature of WSSKiller is to be able to display the MyStuff grid as 16:9 when watching a 4:3 programme without any extra fiddling around.


So does it bug noone else when Mystuff switches screen-mode just to display N&N?Shocked

OK, I'll get my coat..... Embarassed

_________________
TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: 13.65AbBfBmBqC0CeCkCpCwCyDeEcEeEfEpErEsEvFFlFmFsGmHHeIKtMMhNfOtPPcPePfPsRRaReRhRpRsSScSdSlSrStSyT2TaTdTeTfTpTsUUuUxVrWfXpXwZXl
TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
Sig generated by MyInfo TAP on 21/9/09
View user's profile Send private message
ldjagger
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:29 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 66
(I hope you won't get sick of these, but... Laughing )
This is my experience with MyStuff, so I just wanted to get these down while I remember them:

1. It's excellent and I wouldn't be without it now!

2. As above poster says, the long filesnames/missing .rec is fairly serious, but it sounds like that's going to be covered.

3. MyStuff's loading of MEI data causes quite a long freeze (> 5 seconds with RT data) in which the remote is ignored and by default this occurs every 5 mins. I've changed mine to only get the data every 30 mins, but this one can be frustrating when the box is in intensive use, and some won't be aware that it's MS doing it if they've turned off the feedback via options.

4. It would be nice if the coloured buttons could jump fwd/back in timeslip as well as playback (this confuses my family, as it'll work sometimes but not others, and they often don't realise they're in timeslip vs playback).

5. Pressing the REC button with no MS window up uses the native Toppy record function, ie the confusing horrible one Very Happy Could MS trap the REC button and do as it does when N&N is up?

6. A feature to prompt and delete a program when you've reached say 90% playback and pressed stop, a la InfoBox. This is fueled mainly by my wifes query of 'why doesn't it return to the Archive afterwards' (from previous SKY+ experiences). ie to delete it, we must press stop, then press Archive, then find the recording and delete it.

7. As above, if you initiated playback in the Archive, it might be more intuitive if it returned to the Archive when you stopped it. This makes deletion easier, but also means you can quickly check if an episode is one you saw already and can go straight back to finding another recorded one, and so on.

8. The arrow keys could be usefully mapped to bring up N&N for next/previous channel and next/previous program, a la SKY. These are unused currently while watching live tv until OK is pressed (could have one less keypress if an arrow initiated N&N).

9. The INFO button is also unmapped in live TV mode, and could usefully bring up the extended info without the need to go via N&N (again, less keypresses required)

10. The STOP button could also usefully (and optionally) be remapped to avoid the really confusing double-usage it has natively (in playback = stop play, while recording = cancel the recording - Inadvertently press it twice and it's a gonna - Yikes! especially with kids around!) Perhaps it would be better ONLY stopping playback and doing nothing otherwise! (you can always stop a recording via the archive - much safer).

I'm sure there's other stuff I'll remember later, but that'll do for now Shocked

Cheers,
Luke
View user's profile Send private message
eye of ra
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:33 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1012 Location: Sandhurst, Berkshire. Tx: Hannington.
danb77 wrote:
So does it bug noone else when Mystuff switches screen-mode just to display N&N?Shocked

OK, I'll get my coat..... Embarassed

I did look at this last night and I can see your point, however I can?t remember the last time I used N&N, so it?s not really an issue for me.

_________________
Toppy: 5800. Firmware: 5.13.65 Patched
AutoStart: MyStuff 5.62a | MP3 Jukebox 2.1d | WSSkiller 2.12d | Quickjump 1.69
eit2mei 7.8m3 | TapLauncher 3.7c | MHEGControl B1 | TF5000 Display 1.51
AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
View user's profile Send private message
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:23 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5890 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
ldjagger wrote:
(I hope you won't get sick of these, but... Laughing )
This is my experience with MyStuff, so I just wanted to get these down while I remember them:

1. It's excellent and I wouldn't be without it now!
The MyStuff Team thanks you Very Happy

ldjagger wrote:
2. As above poster says, the long filesnames/missing .rec is fairly serious, but it sounds like that's going to be covered.
This is strange, we've had this in the past and fixed it. It would be interesting to know from folk who have experienced this issue, what the source of their epg data is.

ldjagger wrote:
3. MyStuff's loading of MEI data causes quite a long freeze (> 5 seconds with RT data) in which the remote is ignored and by default this occurs every 5 mins. I've changed mine to only get the data every 30 mins, but this one can be frustrating when the box is in intensive use, and some won't be aware that it's MS doing it if they've turned off the feedback via options.
Granted, but once known about it's easily avoided. The next version now looks for file date changes on the mei source and only loads if it finds a newer version Very Happy

ldjagger wrote:
4. It would be nice if the coloured buttons could jump fwd/back in timeslip as well as playback (this confuses my family, as it'll work sometimes but not others, and they often don't realise they're in timeslip vs playback).
Confuses me too, since they work fine for me in timeslip and playback. Any further evidence or pattern to this would be appreciated.

ldjagger wrote:
5. Pressing the REC button with no MS window up uses the native Toppy record function, ie the confusing horrible one Very Happy Could MS trap the REC button and do as it does when N&N is up?
Not until we can find a way to handle this reliably. That is cover off the other options from that Toppy UI since it doesn't just start a simple recording.

ldjagger wrote:
6. A feature to prompt and delete a program when you've reached say 90% playback and pressed stop, a la InfoBox. This is fueled mainly by my wifes query of 'why doesn't it return to the Archive afterwards' (from previous SKY+ experiences). ie to delete it, we must press stop, then press Archive, then find the recording and delete it.
Press Archive and White. No need to stop the recording first, and providing you've got the option to Select most recently played file set to yes, that's all you need to do.

ldjagger wrote:
7. As above, if you initiated playback in the Archive, it might be more intuitive if it returned to the Archive when you stopped it. This makes deletion easier, but also means you can quickly check if an episode is one you saw already and can go straight back to finding another recorded one, and so on.
As above just press Archive during playback.

ldjagger wrote:
8. The arrow keys could be usefully mapped to bring up N&N for next/previous channel and next/previous program, a la SKY. These are unused currently while watching live tv until OK is pressed (could have one less keypress if an arrow initiated N&N).

9. The INFO button is also unmapped in live TV mode, and could usefully bring up the extended info without the need to go via N&N (again, less keypresses required)
Sorry don't understand Confused Info brings up the N&N osd. But I take the point about the navigation keys and will discuss further within the team.

ldjagger wrote:
10. The STOP button could also usefully (and optionally) be remapped to avoid the really confusing double-usage it has natively (in playback = stop play, while recording = cancel the recording - Inadvertently press it twice and it's a gonna - Yikes! especially with kids around!) Perhaps it would be better ONLY stopping playback and doing nothing otherwise! (you can always stop a recording via the archive - much safer).
Another one for us to think about Wink

ldjagger wrote:
I'm sure there's other stuff I'll remember later, but that'll do for now Shocked

Cheers,
Luke
Cheers.

_________________
Hyde.
2x TF5800 All controlled with Harmony Ultimate , TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -RSy+BmC0CbCfCtDsEgEmEvFsGIMPePsR0ScUUuWfXZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.3; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5 RC2;
MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ldjagger
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:38 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 66
ldjagger wrote:
6. A feature to prompt and delete a program when you've reached say 90% playback and pressed stop, a la InfoBox. This is fueled mainly by my wifes query of 'why doesn't it return to the Archive afterwards' (from previous SKY+ experiences). ie to delete it, we must press stop, then press Archive, then find the recording and delete it.
Quote:
Press Archive and White. No need to stop the recording first, and providing you've got the option to Select most recently played file set to yes, that's all you need to do.

Ok, will look at switching that on (as long as it works when we're in a sub-folder playing something). It could still be a tad more intuitive though if it returned to the Archive on STOP.


ldjagger wrote:
8. The arrow keys could be usefully mapped to bring up N&N for next/previous channel and next/previous program, a la SKY. These are unused currently while watching live tv until OK is pressed (could have one less keypress if an arrow initiated N&N).

9. The INFO button is also unmapped in live TV mode, and could usefully bring up the extended info without the need to go via N&N (again, less keypresses required)
Quote:
Sorry don't understand Confused Info brings up the N&N osd. But I take the point about the navigation keys and will discuss further within the team.

Ah yes, I forgot I re-mapped N&N to 'OK' in line with SKY !! Embarassed
It would probably be better if the INFO button was reserved for bringing up current program info though, and let the OK button be used to bring up N&N (that's as a previous SKY user, and as there's no way to get to extended info unless via N&N, and because N&N is used often and is therefore better served on a bigger more central button - 'INFO' is tiny and I have to hunt for it!)


Last edited by ldjagger on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
bellissimo
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 May 2005 Posts: 1997 Location: Reading
I'm with this one. I would like a one button press to bring up the full current program description.

I rarely use the N&N, only the grid EPG, so would be happy if program description replaced N&N on the Info key.

_________________
General: FW 5.13.65 Patched, Pioneer DVR-530H-S, Harmony 885.
TAPs: Font Manager, Media Manager, Super PiP, MyStuff, EPG2MEI, mei2archive, QuickJump

Media Manager, Font Manager, Super PiP link: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~bellissimo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Display posts from previous:  

All times are GMT
Page 45 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 155, 156, 157  Next

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum