Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 43 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
mossman
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Jul 2006 Posts: 582 Location: South of Birmingham, TX: Sutton Coldfield
rsocon wrote:
Not sure if this is a bug, or just me. Tried Mystuff 4.54b and if the info bar is on the screen and I change up or down a channel is changes two channels. If there's no info screen then it changes just one channel.

I went back to 4.54a and it moves up and down channels as normal. I suppose this could be a remote extender Tap problem??
Yes, I ahve noticed that with 4.54b, the first press of P+ results in a jump of two channels, subsequent presses result in a single jump.

And I have also noticed that, using WSS Killer in order to get the menus to go to 16:9 when viewing a zoomed picture, it works great for the MyStuff EPG listing (and other menus), but doesn't work for the Archive display.
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:23 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
mr-b wrote:

Re: punctuation, I think the EPG ppl are never going to get it right reliably, so it make's absolute sense for search's to just ignore it.

I'll just ignore that Wink Laughing Laughing

CW

Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
mr-b wrote:
Re: lack of buttons for features, yes, there will never be enough buttons (and none of them are easy to remember), so another system needs to be found.

A couple of typical soln's to this are:

1) Drop-down menus of selectable options. The menu is activated by an options/action key
2) Context-sensitive windows that can use keys that are normally used by other apps. However you need a legend to clearly indicate the functions. With the legend you can happily use all sorts of different keys for delete functions! Wink

Re: punctuation, I think the EPG ppl are never going to get it right reliably, so it make's absolute sense for search's to just ignore it.

Well i don't have a problem remembering the buttons. They are all pretty easy to remember. Im happy as they are, as im sure a lot of MyStuff users are. Very Happy

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
nwood
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 343 Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salopian wrote:
Quote:
Salopian wrote:
I have a CT for CSI. It is set for anywhere and all channels. It has failed to set a timer for CSI:MIAMI tonight. I also have a CT for CSI:NY and that has set a timer.
I created a CT from the EPG for CSI:MIAMI and it has created a timer.
Why does CSI anywhwhere fail to record CSI:MIAMI?

Are you sure you don't have a trailing space after CSI on your CT ie 'CSI '? You can check by looking in the description area with the CT highlighted...

CW

That was it. It is easy to miss a trailing space unless you are looking for it.

Thanks.
Barry.

Suggestion - would it make sense to display a space as something other than a space when inputting CT timers? Say an underscore or pointy hat?

juwlz
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10327 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
chunkywizard wrote:
using the arcade keyboard means you would have to add all punctation into the chain of letters. This means it has the detremental effect of lengthing the chain so the max key presses will increase from 15 (to get to O) to maybe 20 or so.
Don't forget you can go down the chain as well as up Wink

For instance the quickest way to get to "T" is to hit DOWN 7 times, rather than UP 19 times (or however many it is), so putting a few common punctuation marks (ones that appear in the middle of programme names) on the end wouldn't be too bad. ":" and "-" would be the most likely, I would have thought. Punctuation on the end of programme titles would be less important.

Don't know why I'm getting involved in this. Pressing REC or CT works just fine for me Rolling Eyes

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:41 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
maverick wrote:
Talking of next version, may I draw the honourable members attention to the folder problem mentioned on page 10 of the thread!!

Mav.

Hi Mav,

we can't replicate it Question Question That either means it's fixed ( Very Happy ) or else we are doing something wrong....

CW

chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:54 pm Reply with quote
ichilton wrote:
Hi CW,

I use MyStuff for:

- ControlTimers
- EPG
- Archive/Timers screen

I use Improbox for the following (off the top of my head):

- Now & Next screen - has much more information like what tuner is in use, which tuners are recording, what programmes are recording & progress, free disk space, easy viewing of time watched, time remianing and % etc.

- Ability to jump to a specific place in the programme (i.e jump to 32 minutes into the programme)

- Ability to jump to so many minutes through a programme (i.e jump 5 mins backwards, jump 3 mins forward)

- Jump to the beginning of a programme

- If Toppy stops playback, it restarts it from the right point

- Lets me optionally delete recordings when I press stop

- Smartskip but I have not got to grips with that yet

- Search for repeats of a certain programme

Think that's about it...!

Ian

Hi Ian,

thanks for the feedback. I know it's what you are used to but most of those functions are in MS already, and most take just as few key presses! What we tend to do is use the Archive, rather than the Infobox for recording details, progress, disk space etc. Still, some features are not in MS, but are in the proposed features in the Change Log. Things I don't think will make it in are details on the tuners (why do you need to know this?), and Smartskip functionality. Also I can not see the point of jumping to 32mins into a programme, how do you use this?

Cheers

CW

chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:
chunkywizard wrote:
using the arcade keyboard means you would have to add all punctation into the chain of letters. This means it has the detremental effect of lengthing the chain so the max key presses will increase from 15 (to get to O) to maybe 20 or so.
Don't forget you can go down the chain as well as up Wink

For instance the quickest way to get to "T" is to hit DOWN 7 times, rather than UP 19 times (or however many it is), so putting a few common punctuation marks (ones that appear in the middle of programme names) on the end wouldn't be too bad. ":" and "-" would be the most likely, I would have thought. Punctuation on the end of programme titles would be less important.

Don't know why I'm getting involved in this. Pressing REC or CT works just fine for me Rolling Eyes

Julie

Hi Juwlz,

I did remember but I assumed the letters would go at the end of the chain therefore increasing the amount of presses to get to Z for example. Anyway, it's irrelevant now, the team has decided, we are going to ignore punctuation (as long as Bob can code it and the team can't break it in testing!)

CW

Boshey
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 12 Oct 2005 Posts: 55
Hi all I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I have had a toppy for a little while, but not really used it to it's full capability. Recently decided to rectify this - upgraded to Bastille Day firmware and added what I thought would be the best TAPs so am now running MYstuff 4.54a with ei2mei anf the EPG extender

I surprised myself and the rest of the family by getting all this to work and so far so good, my only small issue is that I don't get EPG data for some channels - notably Film4, ITV3 & ITV4 - however if I look at the original EPG info it is all there. Just means that I can't use the Mystuff EPG to record on these channels and I only know what's on by a few extra button bushes to get the old EPG up. Any help would be much appreciated.

PS. anyone know where I can get Asus wl550g dx - bouyed up by recent success I thought I go the whole hog and add teh toppy to my network, but these boxes seem as rare as rocking horse pooh
maverick
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Posts: 602 Location: Tunbridge Wells
chunkywizard wrote:

we can't replicate it Question Question That either means it's fixed ( Very Happy ) or else we are doing something wrong....

CW

I'll try new version later and report back (with screenshots if necessary) as this is driving me mad!!! Twisted Evil

Mav.

Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Boshey wrote:
Hi all I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I have had a toppy for a little while, but not really used it to it's full capability. Recently decided to rectify this - upgraded to Bastille Day firmware and added what I thought would be the best TAPs so am now running MYstuff 4.54a with ei2mei anf the EPG extender

I surprised myself and the rest of the family by getting all this to work and so far so good, my only small issue is that I don't get EPG data for some channels - notably Film4, ITV3 & ITV4 - however if I look at the original EPG info it is all there. Just means that I can't use the Mystuff EPG to record on these channels and I only know what's on by a few extra button bushes to get the old EPG up. Any help would be much appreciated.

PS. anyone know where I can get Asus wl550g dx - bouyed up by recent success I thought I go the whole hog and add teh toppy to my network, but these boxes seem as rare as rocking horse pooh

This is due to the broadcasters having problem supplying the EPG data. There are several threads about this.
ITV are currently having lots of problems. Normally it should be ok.

Popcorn Hour:
eye of ra
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1012 Location: Sandhurst, Berkshire. Tx: Hannington.
Not been able to follow this thread for a bit, but I wish too send my belated thanks to Bob for the inclusion of WSSkiller functionality to MS.

Some reading now required, to catch up on this tread.

AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
Boshey
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 12 Oct 2005 Posts: 55
Thanks for the info U-K-J, I thought that as the original EPG has the info then it must be the Mystuff or ei2mei tap that had the issue. Any reason why the old EPG seems to have the data?

thanks
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Boshey wrote:
Thanks for the info U-K-J, I thought that as the original EPG has the info then it must be the Mystuff or ei2mei tap that had the issue. Any reason why the old EPG seems to have the data?

thanks

Aaaah must of missed that when i read your post. The above still counts about the problem with ITV.
Perhaps you need to force a scan of eit2mei, there could of been data missing from the problems and eit2mei hasn't rescanned yet.
What setting do you have for MyStuff H2? (reload EPG frequency)
and have you got it set to only read freeview.mei file?

Popcorn Hour:
Wolfie
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 252
Is there any way to make MyStuff string two consecutive recordings on the same channel into one file? Last thursday I recorded Extras and then That Mitchell & Webb Thing, which was immediately afterwards. I was also recording another channel so my Toppy couldn't use a different tuner.
What I got were two files - one for Extras with the end cut off (I guess programmes were runng late) and the other for the second programme, with the end of Extras at the start.
I'd rather have both programmes as one file, instead of having to watch the end of the first on the start of the second.
Any ideas, guys? I use MyStuff to search for programmes and usually pad by 5 mins at the start and 15 mins at the end, but obviously padding doesn't help in this case.
I've sort of got around this at the moment as both programmes are being repeated so I'm grabbing Extras on first broadcast, and the Mitchell & Webb programme on its repeat, but that's a little untidy, and not all programmes are repeated anyway.

Cheers

Mick.