Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 42 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:44 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9287 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
using the arcade keyboard means you would have to add all punctation into the chain of letters. This means it has the detremental effect of lengthing the chain so the max key presses will increase from 15 (to get to O) to maybe 20 or so. Because you infrequently (read hardly ever) need punctation in a CT I reckon its best to stay with the current method IMHO,

CW

ichilton
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:02 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
Hi,

Yeah, that would be bad.

My idea was to have a different button to cycle round symbols.

Ian
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:33 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9287 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
erm, we are a bit short of buttons at the mo Confused We are currently are planning what new features to put in the next release and so far we have more features than buttons!! Also in terms of user interface having a button sounds tricky.

Sorry not to be more positive, but hopefully it is not too much of a problem.

CW

ichilton
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:37 am Reply with quote
Hi,

Ah, ok. I didn't think it would matter in a screen like that as the other keys wouldn't be in use.

I hope the new version doesn't cause problems with Improbox as that uses some keys too!

We need more coloured buttons on the remote obviously!!

PS: Will the feature list for the new version be published somewhere when you have finished discussing it so we know what is coming?

Thanks

Ian
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:40 am Reply with quote
Hi Ian,

you are right, you could make the key only work when the arcade keyboard is up, it's a thought.

BTW, what functionality do you use Improbox for? You may find that some of the proposed features negate the use of Improbox Wink

I reckon a feature list for NextGen will be put up at some point, but at the mo we are still arguing over stuff so it will be a while yet.

CW

BobD
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4189 Location: Nottingham
danb77 wrote:
It is great that bringing up the archive or the timer list now activates WSSK, and zooms the TV into the desired mode Very Happy but I don't like it being activated in infobox mode.

It makes not sense to me that the infobox would change the aspect ratio. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this!

Could you make an option that WSSKiller is only activated for full-screen MyStuff interface?

Over to CW on this one, as he tested it all. I dont use WSSKiller as my tv does a good job of detecting modes and adjusting accordingly.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
BobD
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:46 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4189 Location: Nottingham
chunkywizard wrote:
I reckon a feature list for NextGen will be put up at some point, but at the mo we are still arguing over stuff so it will be a while yet.

Arguing? Surely you mean discussing! Just sometimes we type in capitals Smile

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
maverick
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:55 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Posts: 602 Location: Tunbridge Wells
Talking of next version, may I draw the honourable members attention to the folder problem mentioned on page 10 of the thread!!

Mav.

ichilton
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:59 am Reply with quote
Hi CW,

I use MyStuff for:

- ControlTimers
- EPG
- Archive/Timers screen

I use Improbox for the following (off the top of my head):

- Now & Next screen - has much more information like what tuner is in use, which tuners are recording, what programmes are recording & progress, free disk space, easy viewing of time watched, time remianing and % etc.

- Ability to jump to a specific place in the programme (i.e jump to 32 minutes into the programme)

- Ability to jump to so many minutes through a programme (i.e jump 5 mins backwards, jump 3 mins forward)

- Jump to the beginning of a programme

- If Toppy stops playback, it restarts it from the right point

- Lets me optionally delete recordings when I press stop

- Smartskip but I have not got to grips with that yet

- Search for repeats of a certain programme

Think that's about it...!

Ian
mike.hinson
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:30 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
ichilton wrote:
Is it possible to add a key for cycling round punctuation?

since the epg data providers are a bit hap hazard punctuation perhaps the search could ignore all punctuation in searches or epg data & then there would be no need for a special key to put it in or any other fiddling about.
e.g. don't watch that watch this = dont watch that, watch this

or is this the default behaviour already?
Embarassed

IanSimmons
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:34 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Apr 2006 Posts: 53 Location: Kent
chunkywizard wrote:

... So I guess a target release date is out of the question..? Mr. Green
Bawbagg
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
mike.hinson wrote:
ichilton wrote:
Is it possible to add a key for cycling round punctuation?

since the epg data providers are a bit hap hazard punctuation perhaps the search could ignore all punctuation in searches or epg data & then there would be no need for a special key to put it in or any other fiddling about.
e.g. don't watch that watch this = dont watch that, watch this

or is this the default behaviour already?
Embarassed
That's a good point. I missed a Dragon's Den (or should that be Dragons' Den) due to omitted ' by Radio Times.

I'll champion this.

BB

moley6knipe
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:53 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
chunkywizard wrote:
I hope moley6knipe comes on to the thread and tells us it is the best thing since sliced bread since we did it for him Wink

Thanks! I think it's the best thing since sliced bread!
Erm, actually CW it wasn't me that asked for it, as far as I remember. Haven't tried WSSK yet!

I heartily endorse the campaign for CTs to ignore punctuation. And furthermore can punctuation be optionally omitted when setting timers too?

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 04 May 2006 Posts: 641 Location: Warks - Sutton Coldfield tx
Re: lack of buttons for features, yes, there will never be enough buttons (and none of them are easy to remember), so another system needs to be found.

A couple of typical soln's to this are:

1) Drop-down menus of selectable options. The menu is activated by an options/action key
2) Context-sensitive windows that can use keys that are normally used by other apps. However you need a legend to clearly indicate the functions. With the legend you can happily use all sorts of different keys for delete functions! Wink

Re: punctuation, I think the EPG ppl are never going to get it right reliably, so it make's absolute sense for search's to just ignore it.

TAPs: PcControl B1.3; Macro V1.12; QuickJump 1.72; Extend v1.7; EPG2MEI v0.96; TF5000 Display v1.53; TAP Commander 1.34; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5; MHEG Control B2.1; Font Manager 1.0d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 25/9/13
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote
moley6knipe wrote:
chunkywizard wrote:
I hope moley6knipe comes on to the thread and tells us it is the best thing since sliced bread since we did it for him Wink

Thanks! I think it's the best thing since sliced bread!
Erm, actually CW it wasn't me that asked for it, as far as I remember. Haven't tried WSSK yet!

I heartily endorse the campaign for CTs to ignore punctuation. And furthermore can punctuation be optionally omitted when setting timers too?

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I think it was Eye of Ra, just ignore me... Rolling Eyes

CW

Last edited by chunkywizard on Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total