<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 41 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Salopian
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 421 Location: London
Quote:
Salopian wrote:
My box also failed to record Spooks (BBC1) on Saturday. It did record Spooks on BBC3.

Maybe it's a plot by a secret organization.

Well mine also didn't record any Spooks on Sat 16th Sept but maybe thats because there weren't any transmitted?
It did pick up two on Sun 17th Sept. One at 21:30 on BBC1 and another on BBC3 at 22:30. Same again on Monday.

Wrong day Embarassed I ment Sunday.

Barry.
EMJB
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3476 Location: Maldon Essex
chunkywizard wrote:
you can make MS always display 4:3 even when a 16:9 programme is being watched.

Thanks, BobD & team, for the WSSKiller interface. I intend to use it (on a 16:9 TV) the other way round - i.e. to make TAPs use 16:9 even when "watching" a 4:3 programme - I find the MS EPG Grid difficult to read when in 4:3 mode. Even MeiSearch is noticeably easier to read in 16:9 mode. It is also useful for any (co-operating) TAP that displays photos etc as otherwise the image is distorted when the background programme has the wrong aspect ratio.
ichilton
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
Hi,

Is it possible/easy to make MyStuff able to use the right and left arrow keys to skip backwards and forwards in a programme like Quickjump can with RemoteExtender?

It would be good if these were a configurable jump time like the coloured buttons at the moment.

Thanks

Ian
Salopian
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I have a CT for CSI. It is set for anywhere and all channels. It has failed to set a timer for CSI:MIAMI tonight. I also have a CT for CSI:NY and that has set a timer.
I created a CT from the EPG for CSI:MIAMI and it has created a timer.
Why does CSI anywhwhere fail to record CSI:MIAMI?
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Salopian wrote:
I have a CT for CSI. It is set for anywhere and all channels. It has failed to set a timer for CSI:MIAMI tonight. I also have a CT for CSI:NY and that has set a timer.

Are you sure you don't have a trailing space after CSI on your CT ie 'CSI '? You can check by looking in the description area with the CT highlighted...

CW

Spok
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 05 May 2006 Posts: 89
HaggleLad wrote:
My box takes a while to boot but the MyStuff "Loading" and "Searching" only show for about less than a second.

Are you saying your toppy takes 45 secs to boot or it displays "Loading" for 45 secs?

PS: I think "Loading/Searching" means MyStuff is reading the EPG data, don't think its got anything to do with other taps and their loading.

My Toppy boots up as quick as before. It is the 'Loading.......', appearing in the top left of the screen, with the dots moving, that takes the time. Is this MyStuff loading EPG data and, if so, why does it take so long? Can I speed it up. Does this process need to happen every time the Toppy boots?

Spok

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
Spok wrote:
My Toppy boots up as quick as before. It is the 'Loading.......', appearing in the top left of the screen, with the dots moving, that takes the time. Is this MyStuff loading EPG data and, if so, why does it take so long? Can I speed it up. Does this process need to happen every time the Toppy boots?

Spok

Just rebooted my Toppy the loading/ searching of MyStuff (yes it is a MyStuff message that it is loading its EPG) takes less than 10 secs. Hardly a problem. Sorry do not know why yours takes much longer.

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
danb77
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
BobD wrote:
MyStuff 4.54b has just been uploaded.
2) WSSKiller support

Hi Bob,

Thanks very much for this. However, there's one part of the WSSKiller implementation which I don't like, and which for me makes no sense.

It is great that bringing up the archive or the timer list now activates WSSK, and zooms the TV into the desired mode Very Happy but I don't like it being activated in infobox mode.

It makes not sense to me that the infobox would change the aspect ratio. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this!

Could you make an option that WSSKiller is only activated for full-screen MyStuff interface?

Sorry for being a pain. Embarassed

Thanks for a great update!

TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
Sig generated by MyInfo TAP on 21/9/09
rsocon
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2006 Posts: 34 Location: Bristol
Not sure if this is a bug, or just me. Tried Mystuff 4.54b and if the info bar is on the screen and I change up or down a channel is changes two channels. If there's no info screen then it changes just one channel.

I went back to 4.54a and it moves up and down channels as normal. I suppose this could be a remote extender Tap problem??
Richard46
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
rsocon wrote:
Not sure if this is a bug, or just me. Tried Mystuff 4.54b and if the info bar is on the screen and I change up or down a channel is changes two channels. If there's no info screen then it changes just one channel.

I went back to 4.54a and it moves up and down channels as normal. I suppose this could be a remote extender Tap problem??

Your right; does not seem to do it everytime and not immediately but it does jump a second time with most channel changes.

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
Salopian
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:25 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Salopian wrote:

Are you sure you don't have a trailing space after CSI on your CT ie 'CSI '? You can check by looking in the description area with the CT highlighted...

CW

That was it. It is easy to miss a trailing space unless you are looking for it.

Thanks.

Barry.
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:31 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Glad it fixed it. It's in the FAQ you know Wink

CW

ichilton
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:41 am Reply with quote
Hi,

Old post, but...:

jondurant wrote:
I use "F1:+Grand Prix" anywhere which seems to work. Have also thought about "F1:+Grand Prix-Highlights" to not get the highlights but not sure whether that will work, so not tried it yet.

How do you get the : symbol? - there doesn't seem to be any way of doing symbols.

The only way I can think is to wait for the next one to appear in the EPG and create a control timer from there so you only have to use the delete key.

Thanks

Ian
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:41 am Reply with quote
yep, that's the only way, you can not create punctuation from stratch, you can only create a CT from the EPG to capture it.

CW

ichilton
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:06 am Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
yep, that's the only way, you can not create punctuation from stratch, you can only create a CT from the EPG to capture it.

ok, thanks.

Is it possible to add a key for cycling round punctuation?

Thanks

Ian