Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 40 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
ichilton
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:57 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
juwlz wrote:
Allow the user to define and select GROUPS of channels (Favourites being one obvious one) for setting CTs.

Yeah, great idea - that would do what I wanted to be able to do when I asked for multiple channel selections but would be neater on the UI.

Thanks

Ian
juwlz
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:15 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10327 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Bawbagg wrote:
XYYMan wrote:
Hate to put a fly in the ointment but I tried to set the CT at least one hour before the start of the programme. ... Setting a one off timer from the Guide using the Record button displayed the MS warning message first ... There were definitely no other timers set either for that evening.
Nope. I'm completely confused.

If you're getting a Toppy UI "Check Your Reservation" message, then you *MUST* have had existing recordings.
How did you check for recordings? In Timers by Date? or in the Guide?

If in the Guide, then you may have tripped over the same problem as me, in that if you have Favourites configured, you may have recordings set for channels that don't get displayed in the guide, and therefore can't be seen in the Guide view.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
juwlz
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:19 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10327 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Spok wrote:
PS Can't get this Quote /Quote thing to work.

When you select, the selection often insists on grabbing the "]" at the end of "["quote="spok"]", so you need to add it back.
Use Preview to check that your post will look right before Submitting Wink

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
moley6knipe
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:45 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
Some more belated thoughts on QuickJump and logos within MyStuff.

My QuickJump keys are...
Red +4min / Green +3min / Yellow +1min / Blue +30sec
Text back to start / PiP Swap -30sec / Left -15sec / Right +15sec

I use all of these when playing back recordings, and If MyStuff in the future has a new feature destined to be activated by one of these keys, it would be nice to still have the option to pass the key press through to QuickJump. However I suppose I could lose the +1min, -30sec and back to start keys if I had to.

Also re: logos - I used to like the logos in the UK suite of TAPs, but in all honesty it became a pain to keep it up to date when new channels launched, or logos changed. Will the use of logos in MS be mandatory or optional?

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:48 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 04 May 2006 Posts: 641 Location: Warks - Sutton Coldfield tx
nwood wrote:
danb77 wrote:
MarkG wrote:
Hello,

A number of times recently, I have been recording a channel, say BBC1 and watching another. When I switch back to BBC1 whilst the recording is still happening, I get the start of the recording, not live TV. This happens until the recording has finished.

This is a "feature". It makes sense in one way and is annoying in another. Still, you get used to it once you know that it's there....

I've never managed to get used to it, FWIW.
Any chance of an option to disable this and always go to live tv?

So you're saying that chase play starts automatically on switching to a recording channel? That does indeed sound bizarre behaviour - but I've never seen it.
Is it only under certain circumstances?

TAPs: PcControl B1.3; Macro V1.12; QuickJump 1.72; Extend v1.7; EPG2MEI v0.96; TF5000 Display v1.53; TAP Commander 1.34; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5; MHEG Control B2.1; Font Manager 1.0d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 25/9/13
vroomfondle
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Jun 2005 Posts: 1338 Location: TX: Hannington
Salopian wrote:
My box also failed to record Spooks (BBC1) on Saturday. It did record Spooks on BBC3.

Maybe it's a plot by a secret organization.

Well mine also didn't record any Spooks on Sat 16th Sept but maybe thats because there weren't any transmitted?
It did pick up two on Sun 17th Sept. One at 21:30 on BBC1 and another on BBC3 at 22:30. Same again on Monday.

richie
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 155 Location: Ash Vale (Hannington)
I share my toppy with one other person in my household and MyStuff seems great for using different profiles to allow each of us to retain our own % playback of each recording, without interfering with the other's viewing history.

So the custom profile only matters to use when viewing the archive screen.

What would be useful is some kind of tap which let us assign to buttons to archive - one for each of us - so that when one of us presses our own archive button, we are automatically launched into the MyStuff archive with the correct profile. Other profile settings such as skins etc would be identical between us to maintain a common look and feel.

Has anybody written such a TAP? If not, presumably it's something I could attempt myself, to intercept the two archive buttons and send a pre-defined sequence to MyStuff? Or are there pitfalls that I've not foreseen?

Rich
BobD
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4187 Location: Nottingham
MyStuff 4.54b has just been uploaded.

Nothing major so don't get too excited!

1) Fixed a bug that may have been responsible for occasionally not firing some timers, but its kind of hard to tell!

2) WSSKiller support

3) Fix for crash when editing a CT set to move recordings into a now non-existant folder

No need to update if you are not interested in any of the above!

The MyStuff Team

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
mr-b
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 04 May 2006 Posts: 641 Location: Warks - Sutton Coldfield tx
Sounds good - I think ... I guess everyone using timers should upgrade to help qualify the non-firing issue?

Also why is killing WSS a good thing??
(Or can someone explain in plain English what the WSSKiller feature does and why/when one would need it?)

I scanned the WSSK thread and then read the instructions but was none the wiser - they seem to fall into the common tech manual trap of describing what all the options do, but not what it actually means in the Real World or how to use it! Wink

(The only issue I've had with WS & MS is when a non-WS prog is being shown, my TV is in Pan mode and then I call up MS EPG - it then overscans off the top & bottom of the display. It'd be nice if EPG switched the screen into WS mode but it's hardly critical)

TAPs: PcControl B1.3; Macro V1.12; QuickJump 1.72; Extend v1.7; EPG2MEI v0.96; TF5000 Display v1.53; TAP Commander 1.34; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5; MHEG Control B2.1; Font Manager 1.0d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 25/9/13
Richard46
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
mr-b wrote:
Also why is killing WSS a good thing??
(Or can someone explain in plain English what the WSSKiller feature does and why/when one would need it?)

That would be useful; I had a look at that thread as well and could not make much (well nothing actually) out.
I use an 30" LCD monitor with one of my Toppys so do not have Auto WS switching. I dont think this TAP is relevant to this issue but I would like to be sure.

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
richieg261
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 15 Feb 2006 Posts: 29
What is meant by WSSKiller support, as it seems a very general statement...

What problems were there between WSSKiller and MyStuff pre-4.54b?

Does MyStuff now handle by itself what WSSKiller did seperately?

Firmware: 5.12.88

TAPs: MyStuff 5.0, Description Extender 2.01, RemoteExtender 1.3, eit2mei B7.7
BobD
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:45 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4187 Location: Nottingham
richieg261 wrote:

If you use the WSSKiller tap then previously MyStuff would not send the correct messages to it to enable it to change the aspect ratio as per your settings. Now (with 4.54b) it does.

There were no problems/conflicts etc between 4.54a and WSSKiller.

If you do not use WSSKiller then this feature will make no difference to you at all.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
XYYMan
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 May 2006 Posts: 27 Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire
juwlz wrote:
Bawbagg wrote:
XYYMan wrote:
Hate to put a fly in the ointment but I tried to set the CT at least one hour before the start of the programme. ... Setting a one off timer from the Guide using the Record button displayed the MS warning message first ... There were definitely no other timers set either for that evening.
Nope. I'm completely confused.

If you're getting a Toppy UI "Check Your Reservation" message, then you *MUST* have had existing recordings.
How did you check for recordings? In Timers by Date? or in the Guide?

If in the Guide, then you may have tripped over the same problem as me, in that if you have Favourites configured, you may have recordings set for channels that don't get displayed in the guide, and therefore can't be seen in the Guide view.

Julie

I'm afraid I don't use the Favourites feature. Also, I checked them in Timers by Date.

Thanks anyway though. It was a good suggestion.

I do recall though that when the 'error' first occurred I did have a one off timer set (via Meisearch) for A Beautiful Mind at around 2230. I deleted this straightaway though (decided I'd probably never get around to watching it with 12 episodes of House still to view!) but the problem still persisted. I remember even reloading MS but couldn't get it to set a CT to include Spooks ep1 on BBC1 without seeing the warning message and setting it manually.

Maybe this will shed a bit more light BB?

XYYMan

Autostart TAPs: MyStuff 5.21a, Remote Extender 1.5, Description Extender 2.1, eit2mei ( beta 7.8 ), TF5000 Display 1.44c, Skip 1.34
nwood
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 343 Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
mr-b wrote:
nwood wrote:
danb77 wrote:
MarkG wrote:
Hello,

A number of times recently, I have been recording a channel, say BBC1 and watching another. When I switch back to BBC1 whilst the recording is still happening, I get the start of the recording, not live TV. This happens until the recording has finished.

This is a "feature". It makes sense in one way and is annoying in another. Still, you get used to it once you know that it's there....

I've never managed to get used to it, FWIW.
Any chance of an option to disable this and always go to live tv?

So you're saying that chase play starts automatically on switching to a recording channel? That does indeed sound bizarre behaviour - but I've never seen it.
Is it only under certain circumstances?

Yes, I think it depends on exactly how you select the recording channel, i.e. via the EPG or by just entering the channel number or by pressing P+/P-. I can't remember which method gives you the recording and which gives you live tv, but I'd prefer to always get the live tv.

chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:04 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
BobD wrote:
richieg261 wrote:

If you use the WSSKiller tap then previously MyStuff would not send the correct messages to it to enable it to change the aspect ratio as per your settings. Now (with 4.54b) it does.

There were no problems/conflicts etc between 4.54a and WSSKiller.

If you do not use WSSKiller then this feature will make no difference to you at all.

I will expand on this (as I tested it). What WSSKiller allows you to do (now MS supports it) is specify the aspect ratio that the MS OSDs conform to independant of the aspect ratio of the programme you are watching. I.e. you can make MS always display 4:3 even when a 16:9 programme is being watched. I tried it and didn't like it but I hope moley6knipe comes on to the thread and tells us it is the best thing since sliced bread since we did it for him Wink. If you don't use WSSKiller then it won't alter anything, but if you have a TV that doesn't switch aspect ratio well then it is apparently a great TAP.

HTH

CW