Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 34 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
stuey
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 203 Location: East London/Essex border
chunkywizard wrote:
How about just search on 'extra' this is much easier!

Cos I get Extra Time, Extra Info, Extravaganza (ok, one or more of those are made-up...!). How about asterisk matching instead - i.e. "EXTRA*S"?

stuey
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 203 Location: East London/Essex border
juwlz wrote:
You mean you WANT to be able to record bad punctuation? Laughing

I trust the folks at the Beeb would never DREAM of spelling it "Extra's" (unless it was part of a larger sentence, such as "The Extra's dream part" ... but then your search wouldn't catch it anyway Wink)

I would if I specified it in an OR search! Laughing I've read Eats, Shoots... and I am a pedant with spelling and vocab; the gf will testify to that!

I think what I should have said in my post (way) above, was: I think that wildcard searching would be good - as my example in my post (just) above probably now proves.

stuey
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:26 pm Reply with quote
mr-b wrote:
The only slight issue I can think of with doing this by default is that it might surprise some ppl when they find that their recording contains a lot more of the programme than they wanted...
See your point, however this TAP is supposed to bring Sky+-like (is that good grammar??) functionality to the toppy... Confused

Quote:
...and so forces them to hunt for where their last watched point was.

...which could be made very easy by MS whacking a bookmark where they started recording?

Quote:
I'd suggest that the "record current prog including rewind buffer" could be an additional option to select on the record menu with 'record rest of current prog' as the default.

or mimic Sky+ with one press of the Rec button, and display/do the standard action with two?

stuey
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quote
HenrikSuefke wrote:
Is there a way of avoiding duplicate episodes (same description) to be recorded twice

Not all duplicates have same description - I had that thought as well!

eye of ra
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1012 Location: Sandhurst, Berkshire. Tx: Hannington.
chunkywizard wrote:
Hi EoR

he he he... I discussed this very point with him. Keep your fingers crossed Wink

CW

My fingers and everything else I can think of.

The cat is finding it very hard to walk now.

AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:11 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Laughing Laughing Laughing
eye of ra wrote:

My fingers and everything else I can think of.

The cat is finding it very hard to walk now.

ichilton
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
Hi,

Just came in to find Toppy was in standby when it should be been recording. I turned it on, went to the EPG and the programme had a red C symbol in - any ideas why it's not turned on and recorded?

Also, if I press P+, it changes channel and the N&N screen appears, but then pressing P+ just scrolls through the info on the N&N screen rather than change channels again - can those keys be re-assigned? - I want to be able to flick through channels with P+ and P-.

Thanks

Ian
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:08 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi there,

not waking from standby is being discussed in the bugs thread.

on your other issue you need to install remote extender. details are in the FAQ

HTH

CW

mike.hinson
Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:55 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Hi, what a great TAP. I love it & defend it.

I see there are a few ideas for new features being suggested & I wondered if I may contribute please.

How about an ability to choose some options when there is a program clash to adjust the timings of just those clashing programs only, without doing anything as radical as globally allowing the padding to be overwritten for all timers.

also
The option to run two recordings together where they follow each other on the same channel. This would avoid loosing the start or end of a program because the other watcher has deleted their recording.

Thanks again for a lovely TAP, it is a thing of beauty.

chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:19 am Reply with quote
Hi Mike,

re: your first suggestion, this is what MS does! It applies as much of the default padding as possible. If there is no clash then all the padding is there, if there is a clash on the same channel (ie Back2back timers) then padding is removed between the timers, and it there is an overlap across channels (and the correct option is enabled) then MS will again remove padding as appropriate to allow the recordings to go ahead.

Re: making two records one, it is an oft asked request, but as yet not implemented. Hyde, is this in the CL or has it been vetoed by Bob?

CW

ldjagger
Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:08 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 66
stuey wrote:
HenrikSuefke wrote:
Is there a way of avoiding duplicate episodes (same description) to be recorded twice

Not all duplicates have same description - I had that thought as well!

But wouldn't they have the same episode number or possibly a repeat flag if using the Radio Times data? Could those be made use of if present, or some kind of loose matching on the description if not?

I too am finding MyStuff invaluable on my Toppy! Keep up the excellent work Smile

Luke
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:03 am Reply with quote
It's still really difficult, not all episode data is correct etc. etc. We might have a potential solution (which requires a bit of manual intervention) in the next release. We are currently throwing ideas aound about its functionality...

CW

ichilton
Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:38 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
Hi Chunky Smile

chunkywizard wrote:
not waking from standby is being discussed in the bugs thread.

Ah, ok - i'll go and look at that one.

Quote:
on your other issue you need to install remote extender. details are in the FAQ

That was on my list of TAPs to look into - i'll get it installed.

Thanks

Ian
digital
Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:53 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
juwlz wrote:
stuey wrote:

I'd like to see an OR function (| pipe perhaps?) so that I can record "Extras OR Extra's"... I guess that means we need a single quote in the character list as well!
You mean you WANT to be able to record bad punctuation?

I can't remember the particular series from last year but the title contained 's and the EPG had it as s' one week. Spotted it by chance.

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
ldjagger
Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:10 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 66
chunkywizard wrote:
It's still really difficult, not all episode data is correct etc. etc. We might have a potential solution (which requires a bit of manual intervention) in the next release. We are currently throwing ideas aound about its functionality...

CW

Great! Glad to hear it's being looked into.

I just noticed on the Extended info panel that there is a separate episode name too, so I guess between the episode name, number and description, there's quite a lot to use to 'filter' it down. Of course, if all three of these are frequently wrong, then they don't help much Wink

Luke