Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 32 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
BobD
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:02 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4180 Location: Nottingham
eye of ra wrote:
I now have *blue* set to jump 225 “forward” and it still jumps “back” 10 on first press from live.

Ah yes, that will be because I only handle the colour keys if you are in playback (normal or chase). From live until you press blue once (to jump back 10) you are still in live so I let the Toppy handle it. I guess I could look to add this at some point but it will be low priority.

Also, the colour key functionality will remain in MS, as I prefer an all-in-one solution for all the main things I do on the Toppy. If you want to use QuickJump instead then I think I made it so that if you set the MS jumps to be 0 seconds then I pass the keys on to the next tap. so in this case QJ could handle them instead of MS.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
stuey
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:07 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 203 Location: East London/Essex border
BobD wrote:
Also, the colour key functionality will remain in MS, as I prefer an all-in-one solution for all the main things I do on the Toppy. If you want to use QuickJump instead then I think I made it so that if you set the MS jumps to be 0 seconds then I pass the keys on to the next tap. so in this case QJ could handle them instead of MS.

You are correct Bob, and that is what I am doing. Would it make sense to have 0's as the defaults for a new install? i.e. disable by default?

MillmoorRon
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:47 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Aug 2006 Posts: 130 Location: Rotherham, UK
Pressing record during playback to copy a segment of a recording resulted in a rec file with the description and info from the programme that was on at that time not the actual recording - but only in the MyStuff archive view not the Toppy one!

Is this normal behaviour?

Can this be corrected?
mossman
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:52 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Jul 2006 Posts: 582 Location: South of Birmingham, TX: Sutton Coldfield
stuey wrote:
BobD wrote:

Would it make sense to have 0's as the defaults for a new install? i.e. disable by default?
No, that would be a bad move considerering that people new to TAPs are likely to be looking at MS as a one-stop solution, and it is not user-friendly to set such a perceived useful function to "off"
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5889 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
ichilton wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply - that answers a lot.

HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
A regular connection to the internet/PC is required (once every 7 to 14 days depending on how current/far in advance you wish to maintain the data). Downside is that you wont pick up any last minutes changes to the broadcast schedule for over running sports or news style changes.
I'm hoping to get round the PC connection issue by getting a NSLU2 (and then I wonder if it's possible to setup a cron tab to upload the relevent file automatically during the night!?) but missing last minute changes is a shame.
Well the schedule doesn't change that often, even during the last world cup. Typically the broadcasters don't even bother unless the slippage is more than 15 minutes. As for loading the files with a slug, you need the Computer Connections area of the site. It's not something I can do owing to the positions of Toppy and my incoming phone line.

ichilton wrote:
Would it not be easy to implement a check, so it uses the extended guide data but then before recording checks either the normal EPG data or data from Jags/eit2mei to ensure the programme is still on at the same time and has not moved?
Until we get some additional meta data transmited over the air and included with the xml download data, you can never be truely sure you've got a match. I've seen differences (although not for some time) in program titles between E4 and E4+1 Shocked

ichilton wrote:
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
If you're not bothered about Radio and want an install and forget process, use eit2mei.
I think I read that it falls back on data from jags/eit2mei when the extended guide data runs out so it sounds like the best setup is to setup eit2mei to keep it going but then load up extended info where possible.
Yup Wink

ichilton wrote:
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
If you not bothered about Radio and want 14 days of data and don't mind the odd connection to the internet/PC/Toppy, use either MyStuff_Extended_Info or RT2MEI.
Obviously with the extended info you get 14 days of guide data and more programme information which is good, but are there any features in MyStuff which old work with that extended data or is the extra programme data just useful information for the user to see about a programme?
It's just for the benefit of the user.

ichilton wrote:
Is it possible for MyStuff to recognise episodes and not record duplicates like Tivo does? - especially with the likes of E4+1 where the same thing is on again.
Not without that meta data I talked of earlier. However, a standard CT looks at all channels except the +1 channels. E4 being the only one now, but it used to do the same thing when we had More4+1 too.

ichilton wrote:
Thanks

Ian
You're welcome Very Happy

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
ichilton
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2006 Posts: 506
Hi HydeTheDarkerSide,

Thanks for the info.

I just found out today that apparently we are going to get "the meta data" you mentioned in the next few months - apparently freeview are changing the EPG data to include the information required for series links, avoiding duplicate recordings and films split into 2 parts with the news in the middle.

Thanks

Ian
ichilton
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

I have just started using MyStuff tonight and it is indeed excellent!! - thanks to everyone involved!

I have a few feature requests Smile

1) When setting a ControlTimer, is it possible to allow the selection of multiple channels - eg. I may want to select C4 and E4 but no others. At the moment it seems to be one or All.

2) The ability to specify multiple search criteria would be useful - i.e to combine 2 searches and only record programmes matching both.

3) Allow the ability to start typing and for it to show a list of all matching programme names (Tivo style if you've seen it) so one can be selected instead of having to type it or find a showing in the EPG guide.

4) I have not seen anything to allow you to search the EPG to find a programme - if this is not there, is it possible?

5) I have not tried it yet but I see there is an import utility for Jags to import Digiguide timers - is it possible to implement this in MyStuff?

6) It would be useful if the N&N screen showed which Tuner you are using, whether each tuner is recording or not and what they are recording/how far through (maybe on another page).

7) Info when playing recordings (like Improbox).

Thanks Again,

Ian
digital
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
ichilton wrote:

1) When setting a ControlTimer, is it possible to allow the selection of multiple channels - eg. I may want to select C4 and E4 but no others. At the moment it seems to be one or All.

That's a 'me too please.'.

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
ichilton
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

Another feature request is a keyboard like UK Auto Schedular for entering the keyword on a ControlTimer.

The up and down thing is much slower Smile

Thanks

Ian
maverick
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Posts: 602 Location: Tunbridge Wells
ichilton wrote:

3) Allow the ability to start typing and for it to show a list of all matching programme names (Tivo style if you've seen it) so one can be selected instead of having to type it or find a showing in the EPG guide.

4) I have not seen anything to allow you to search the EPG to find a programme - if this is not there, is it possible?

Try mei search as a companion to MyStuff.

Mav.

Livy
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jul 2006 Posts: 584 Location: Fife, Scotland
can mystuff retrospectively record the channel you are watching?
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:26 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
ichilton wrote:
Hi,

I have just started using MyStuff tonight and it is indeed excellent!! - thanks to everyone involved!

I have a few feature requests Smile

Hi Ian, if you think about the current interface you will realise this is difficult to implement. It's much easy just to set two control timers.
Quote:

2) The ability to specify multiple search criteria would be useful - i.e to combine 2 searches and only record programmes matching both.

So you mean like an OR function? Or and AND? If it's an OR just set two CTs. If it's an AND, use the + symbol, ie Grand+Prix will only record programmes with Grand AND prix in them.
Quote:

Quite a good idea, although I don;t know if this will slow things down. I must say, I usually create CTs from the EPG so I don;t have to type at all!! I will discuss it with Bob
Quote:

easiest way is to create a CT! If you highlight a timer in Archive and press Guide it will then jump to the first instance of this timer in the EPG.
Quote:

5) I have not tried it yet but I see there is an import utility for Jags to import Digiguide timers - is it possible to implement this in MyStuff?

No yet Wink
Quote:

6) It would be useful if the N&N screen showed which Tuner you are using, whether each tuner is recording or not and what they are recording/how far through (maybe on another page).

You do not need to know what tuner is being used. You can see what is being recorded and how far through in the Archive. N&N doesn'treally have space for this.
Quote:

7) Info when playing recordings (like Improbox).

are you referring to the 'page' in Improbox that shows progress bars on recording programmes? If so then the Archive is the closest we have
Quote:

Thanks Again,

Ian

No problems, enjoy!

CW

chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:28 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
ichilton wrote:
Hi,

Another feature request is a keyboard like UK Auto Schedular for entering the keyword on a ControlTimer.

The up and down thing is much slower Smile

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

keyboards are hard to implement in code, hence which the arcade keyboard was used. Remember you can hold down the UP or DOWN key to make it scroll faster. Also remember you can create CTs from the EPG without any typing at all!!

CW

chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:29 am Reply with quote
Livy wrote:
can mystuff retrospectively record the channel you are watching?

If you still have the programme in your buffer, then press and hold << until you get to the start of the programme and press Record.

CW

stuey
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 203 Location: East London/Essex border
ichilton wrote:

Agreed. Perhaps a dialog box with a scrollable list of channels and OK to select/unselect?

Quote:

I'd like to see an OR function (| pipe perhaps?) so that I can record "Extras OR Extra's"... I guess that means we need a single quote in the character list as well!

Quote:

Superb idea. Providing there are at least 2 characters in the box, by pressing OK would show a list of matching - mark/select (with a dialog box list as per point 1) which ones you want and it sets the criteria as per point 2!