Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 29 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:58 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
IanSimmons wrote:
I have just experienced my first-ever lock-up since owning a Toppy in February. I've missed recordings in the past, but very rarely...

We went away for a surprise romantic weekend (Venice, if you must know) and came back yesterday to find that the box froze sometime after Friday. SWMBO was feeling less than romantic but certainly surprised when we found the Toppy awake but frozen on a frame, and no recordings for Saturday / Sunday / Monday (X Factor, Maria, Corrie, all her faves). Sad

I'm running the latest (Bastille) firmware and MS 4.54, eit2mei 7.2, DE, TAP commander, PowerManager. Has anyone else had this experience?

The only thing that was different that I could see is that, for the first time, I had clashing timers, which I did not resolve before I went away. I presume that clashing timers are just ignored?

I'm not blaming MS, or even any particular TAP. Once I'd powered down and up again, it reset all the CTs and recorded the second Corrie last night.

If it was friday then its probably due to the BBC OTA transmission.
MyStuff was not at fault.
See the thread in the Bugs forum.

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
IanSimmons
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Apr 2006 Posts: 53 Location: Kent
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
If it was friday then its probably due to the BBC OTA transmission.
MyStuff was not at fault.
See the thread in the Bugs forum.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Gulag
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:45 pm Reply with quote
cdmackay wrote:
Even odder: moving that third timer down to the bottom of the list also left me without a clash, which is great, and even odder still, moving it back to its position when I had the problem, somewhere in the middle of the priorities (I noted it) still doesn't bring back the problem.

I wasn't imagining it, really Smile

Could this be due to the EPG data for one of the channels not being present when the original CT timers set. I occasionaly get this on a CSI recording on tuesday night which although has a higher priority than a recording on BBC. the EPG data for the BBC programs (provided by eit2mie) is available 7 days in advence and the CT timer sets then, the data for Five only tends to fill 3 - 4 days in advance by which time the other lower priority timers are already set so the CSI timer says it's a conflict. deleating the timers and rerunning the searches resolves the issue.

KennyT
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 241 Location: NW London
KennyT wrote:
KennyT wrote:
Just moving a discussion across from the 'eit2mei' thread...

I'm still experiencing the problem where MS doesn't reload the eit2mei data and the Toppy has to be switched in and out of standby to get an up to date EPG.

I had previously set the reload frequency set to 1 hr (in common with another FM) so we both reset back to 5 mins but it hasn't helped. I've got the visual 'loading...' confirmation turned on and it's not happening.

While it's probably true that a power-cycle may fix it, I was wondering what diagnostics I could run while it's in this state to allow 'the team' to isolate the bug...

K

Well, I tried power-rebooting and it hasn't helped. Here's my 'H'Block seetings:

H1=2
H2=Never
H3=Freeview.mei
H4=5m
H5=Yes

Any other settings needed?

K

Aha, may have found the problem. Switched H1 to 'Never' and it has started refreshing every 5 mins (visually, at least!). I'll keep an eye on it.

K

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:29 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4189 Location: Nottingham
KennyT wrote:
Aha, may have found the problem. Switched H1 to 'Never' and it has started refreshing every 5 mins (visually, at least!). I'll keep an eye on it.

Ah right, how old is your mystuff.mei file then? Your settings are such that it should only try loading your freeview.mei if your mystuff.mei file is more than 2 days old (which it probably is, but I'm just checking!)

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
KennyT
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:59 pm Reply with quote
BobD wrote:
KennyT wrote:

Ah right, how old is your mystuff.mei file then? Your settings are such that it should only try loading your freeview.mei if your mystuff.mei file is more than 2 days old (which it probably is, but I'm just checking!)

Don't think there is one!

K

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:00 am Reply with quote
In that case your H1 should be Never, since you dont have a MyStuff.mei file.

It should probably work anyway, so I will check the code, but it is correct for you to have it set to Never, not 2 (which tells it to use your nonexistant MyStuff.mei file for 2 days)

Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
RobbieC
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 24 Apr 2005 Posts: 111 Location: Maidstone, Kent
I experience slow responses when trying to display the archive menu and performing operations like deleting or moving recordings. Its probably only a fews seconds so its no big deal, but the Topfield supplied menus don't incur the same delays. Can anybody shed any light?
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:30 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Are you running Exclusive Mode? Do you access the standard Toppy Archive for any reasons?

CW

KennyT
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:52 am Reply with quote
BobD wrote:
In that case your H1 should be Never, since you dont have a MyStuff.mei file.

It should probably work anyway, so I will check the code, but it is correct for you to have it set to Never, not 2 (which tells it to use your nonexistant MyStuff.mei file for 2 days)

Cool Very Happy

K

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 340
chunkywizard wrote:
Are you running Exclusive Mode? Do you access the standard Toppy Archive for any reasons?

CW

Like RobbieC I also have noticed slowdowns in archive display. I am running in exclusive mode and I do sometimes access the standard Tioppy archive. Is this a no-no then ? I find I need to as some programs don't display if they're still recording.

-Mat

BobD
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:29 pm Reply with quote
mlavende wrote:
Like RobbieC I also have noticed slowdowns in archive display. I am running in exclusive mode and I do sometimes access the standard Tioppy archive. Is this a no-no then ? I find I need to as some programs don't display if they're still recording.

Showing the Toppy archive will make the next MyStuff archive slow. Can you narrow down when programs that are still recording do not appear in the MS archive?

mlavende
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:34 pm Reply with quote
BobD wrote:
mlavende wrote:

Showing the Toppy archive will make the next MyStuff archive slow. Can you narrow down when programs that are still recording do not appear in the MS archive?

Not really, I noticed it last week while an episode of Eastenders was recording but I can't remember which day so I don't suppose that helps much does it Shocked I'll try and make a note next time it happens. I have about 55 items in my archive if that makes a difference. Is there a way to refresh the archive without going to the toppy one ?

Cheers

-Mat

BobD
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Yup, just press 0 in the archive to get a full refresh. But please do try to find what circumstances stop the current recording appear before then.

Thanks

mlavende
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:40 pm Reply with quote
BobD wrote:
Yup, just press 0 in the archive to get a full refresh. But please do try to find what circumstances stop the current recording appear before then.

Thanks

Will Do. This has been reported before though hasn't it ? I'm sure I've seen a mention in the forums

-Mat