Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 21 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
jhawley
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Was just wondering, are there any plans to allow punctuation to be entered when manually creating a CT? This would be useful for programs like Murphy's Law and T4: Friends. I know there are ways around this problem, but it would still be useful. Thanks.
Snick
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Apr 2005 Posts: 102
Hi

have tried installing mystuff this evening, previously I've had Jags& improbox installed (which i've now removed) however each time toppy starts up, the pic freezes and I get a strange color haze Sad any idea what I'm doing wrong???

thanks
BobD
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:12 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4187 Location: Nottingham
jondurant wrote:
How about anything with a Film Genre goes in a folder called Films (or configurable folder)? I suspect that most of users have a Films folder, and it would be nice if the one time record timers set from the EPG for a film moved the .rec to said folder automatically.
We considered that (or something similar) at the point we added automove & autofile, but we decided against it (can't remember why!). I expect it is something that we will put in at some point, once we decide how flexible to make it (ie we could just do as you describe, or we could allow you to have some control over where it goes)

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
BobD
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:13 am Reply with quote
jhawley wrote:
Was just wondering, are there any plans to allow punctuation to be entered when manually creating a CT? This would be useful for programs like Murphy's Law and T4: Friends. I know there are ways around this problem, but it would still be useful. Thanks.
Maybe at some point. Luckliy its fairly easy to create a CT automatically from the EPG and then edit it by hand.

Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
BobD
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:14 am Reply with quote
Snick wrote:
have tried installing mystuff this evening, previously I've had Jags& improbox installed (which i've now removed) however each time toppy starts up, the pic freezes and I get a strange color haze Sad any idea what I'm doing wrong???
Er, no! Have you tried redownloading the zip file from my site incase your copy is duff? As a quick check, take a look at the .tap file once you have unzipped it and post back how many bytes Altair or Windows thinks it is.

Richard46
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:45 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
Just spotted a useful little featurette which is available on the new Matsui.

Wondered if it would be easy to implement/generally desirable. When you set a timer it checks if another programme of the same name is showing that evening* and asks if you want to record it. Very useful for films split by news breaks.

Richard

*Edit - and on same channel of course.

Last edited by Richard46 on Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
IanSimmons
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Apr 2006 Posts: 53 Location: Kent
Richard46 wrote:
When you set a timer it checks if another programme of the same name is showing that evening and asks if you want to record it. Very useful for films split by news breaks.
Richard

...And useful for 'results' shows if you could match on start of programme name... though I bet that would be harder to implement!
KennyT
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 241 Location: NW London
IanSimmons wrote:
Richard46 wrote:
When you set a timer it checks if another programme of the same name is showing that evening and asks if you want to record it. Very useful for films split by news breaks.
Richard

...And useful for 'results' shows if you could match on start of programme name... though I bet that would be harder to implement!

Don't CTs do all this anyway?

K

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quote
One for the team...

I noticed today that the EPG ran out of info tonight. I had thought it might be related to my switching off of the scheduled EIT2MEI scan - so I posted something in that thread.

However, I then ran a manual EIT2MEI scan and it made no difference.

But, subsequently going to standby and turning back on again cleared the problem.

So, some advice please!

1 It seems as though switching off from time to time is a good idea.
2 But having the Toppy off sometimes prevents it from waking up to record (see my posts last week).

So what's the best way forward? Is there a way, perhaps, to turn the Toppy off at, say, 0300h and turn it back on 10 minutes later?

K

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:11 pm Reply with quote
KennyT wrote:
I noticed today that the EPG ran out of info tonight. I had thought it might be related to my switching off of the scheduled EIT2MEI scan - so I posted something in that thread.

But, subsequently going to standby and turning back on again cleared the problem.

Have you set MyStuff to reload the epg data every now and then? There is an option (I forget which one but its near the option that sets the epg source) to reload it every x minutes. If you do not enable this, then MyStuff will only reload the epg data when it starts (which sounds like what was happening)

KennyT
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote
BobD wrote:
KennyT wrote:

Have you set MyStuff to reload the epg data every now and then? There is an option (I forget which one but its near the option that sets the epg source) to reload it every x minutes. If you do not enable this, then MyStuff will only reload the epg data when it starts (which sounds like what was happening)

Reload frequency set to 1hr.

K

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
KennyT wrote:

Don't CTs do all this anyway?

K

Yes; but I would not be seeting a CT for a one off movie; and I presume nor would most people.
Anyway just an idea; only a minor enhancement; personally I usually catch the second half of those split movies but do occasionally miss them, very annoying if you dont realise till half way through. Crying or Very sad

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
bellandbottle
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Apr 2005 Posts: 857 Location: Reading - Crystal Palace
KennyT wrote:
One for the team...

So, some advice please!

2 But having the Toppy off sometimes prevents it from waking up to record (see my posts last week).

So what's the best way forward? Is there a way, perhaps, to turn the Toppy off at, say, 0300h and turn it back on 10 minutes later?

K

I have Power Manager turn off the machine early in the morning, and have eit2mei turn it on to do a scheduled scan at 0300. At the end of the scan, it turns off again.

Others: HDDinfo V2.0, TAP Commander 1.0.1, UK Timers v1.2, Channel Organiser 2A.
KennyT
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:10 pm Reply with quote
bellandbottle wrote:
KennyT wrote:
One for the team...

So, some advice please!

K

I have Power Manager turn off the machine early in the morning, and have eit2mei turn it on to do a scheduled scan at 0300. At the end of the scan, it turns off again.

I used to have eit2mei do the switch off after a scheduled scan but after working perfectly for a while it got into a mode where it wouldn't switch on to do a recording (see my earlier posts last week about not recording 'Oprah' for SWMBO). I think, what I need (and perhaps PowerManager is the way forward?) is a way to turn it off and on again once a day...

K

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 2669
KennyT wrote:
I think, what I need (and perhaps PowerManager is the way forward?) is a way to turn it off and on again once a day...

If you install the firmware with the power patch you could use a mains timer. I know some people who suffer from the 4 dots problem, and so miss recordings, do this as physically power cycling clears it but just going into standby won't.