Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 15 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
juwlz
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:44 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10381 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
juwlz wrote:
On this coming Thursday, I have 5 CTs:
19:30-20:00 Eastenders BBC1
20:00-21:00 The Bill ITV1
21:00-21:30 Extras BBC2
22:00-23:00 House Five
19:10-21:00 The Dish Film4 (reported as a clash)
Julie
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
That's odd Confused I've just set those CT's up in my test version (which, IIRC, shares the same clash code as 4.54a), and they work just fine.

I did set them up in the same order you listed them, but the priority settings shouldn't have had any effect Confused

Odd, odd, odd Sad

Curioser and curioser (said Alice). I agree, the priority SHOULDN'T have an effect on WHETHER there is a clash - just on which prog gets abandoned when there IS one. I'll check the priorities on these tonight anyway, just for completeness. Extras was only set recently, so probably has second-lowest priority. Obviously, being the last thing set, The Dish would be lowest priority of the lot - which is why it's been dumped <sob>. I'll try deleting and re-adding the CT for The Dish (and now I know when it's on, I'll try a non-CT recording too, and see if that makes any difference).

This does seem to be an odd one-off quirk though - I haven't noticed any other clashes where there shouldn't be any (but then, maybe this Thursday's a bit more crowded than normal?)

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
juwlz
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:26 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10381 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
juwlz wrote:
On this coming Thursday, I have 5 CTs:
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
That's odd Confused I've just set those CT's up in my test version (which, IIRC, shares the same clash code as 4.54a), and they work just fine.

I did set them up in the same order you listed them, but the priority settings shouldn't have had any effect Confused

Odd, odd, odd Sad

Relative priorities are (irrelevant, as it turns out):
Pri 3 19:30-20:00 Eastenders BBC1
Pri 1 20:00-21:00 The Bill ITV1
Pri 4 21:00-21:30 Extras BBC2
Pri 2 22:00-23:00 House Five
Pri 5 19:10-21:00 The Dish Film4 (reported as a clash)

Oh, that's weird! Shocked
I just went to the Guide, pressed Rec on The Dish, and deleted the timer (I didn't get the "Delete Both" option - it was just the normal timer menu, not a CT one), and the C disappeared from the entry in the Guide. Then, when I went to look at Timers by Date, ... The Dish is listed for Thursday night, without a clash. And, going back to the Guide again, there's a C back in the The Dish entry now.

So, looks like the clash was between two instances of a timer for The Dish, and the bug is in somehow allowing a duplicate timer to be set up. I'm pretty certain that I set the CT by pressing SlowMo in the Guide, having selected the showing of The Dish that we'd missed - on the grounds that 'im indoors said "it's bound to be on again soon". (Can't be sure whether it had finished, or whether it was still partway through at the time.)

I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't deleted the "duplicate" timer? Would "one of" the recordings of The Dish have gone ahead? Guess I'll never know.

Julie

KennyT
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 244 Location: NW London
Got a wierd one...

We've got a CT set for 'Oprah Winfrey' (on ITV2 at about 1025) in the mornings. I can see it's set up ready to go but, for the last two mornings, it hasn't been recorded.

The only thing I can think of is that it's the first timer of the day and I've got eit2mei doing an early morning (0300) scan and then powering off. I've tested setting a manual record and leaving the power off and that worked OK.

According to RT website, it was on both mornings.

Any ideas (before SWMBO has my Gs for Gs)?

As an aside, would it be helpful if recordings that didn't work for some reason ended up in a separate list with a diagnostic (where it can be determined)...

K

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote
KennyT wrote:
Got a wierd one...

We've got a CT set for 'Oprah Winfrey' (on ITV2 at about 1025) in the mornings. I can see it's set up ready to go but, for the last two mornings, it hasn't been recorded.

The only thing I can think of is that it's the first timer of the day and I've got eit2mei doing an early morning (0300) scan and then powering off. I've tested setting a manual record and leaving the power off and that worked OK.

First idea (to save your Gs Wink ): switch off the morning eit2mei scan and just use a background scan. There's no need for a daily "full" scan any more if you have the new firmware (your sig doesn't say ...). It shouldn't make a difference, but ...

Even if you don't have the Bastille Day firmware (.88 ), try it without a background scan tonight and see whether it really does make a difference Wink

Alternatively, if the box is coming out of standby to record, I believe there are still some funnies with the box sometimes not switching on properly from standby to record. The "cure" is usually to switch off the power (i.e. unplug) and leave for a few minutes, and then switch on again.

Julie

KennyT
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 244 Location: NW London
juwlz wrote:
KennyT wrote:
Got a wierd one...

First idea (to save your Gs Wink ): switch off the morning eit2mei scan and just use a background scan. There's no need for a daily "full" scan any more if you have the new firmware (your sig doesn't say ...). It shouldn't make a difference, but ...

Even if you don't have the Bastille Day firmware (.88 ), try it without a background scan tonight and see whether it really does make a difference Wink

Alternatively, if the box is coming out of standby to record, I believe there are still some funnies with the box sometimes not switching on properly from standby to record. The "cure" is usually to switch off the power (i.e. unplug) and leave for a few minutes, and then switch on again.

Julie

I've changed my signature (I've got the BastilleDay FW) and I'll try not powering off tonight.

Thanks

K

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Still having major problems with 4.54a and the new firmware.

Have just returned from holiday - nothing has recorded and the Toppy was powered up on P002 (think it has been on all week).

It had 4 CTs to record, and was definitely on standby when I left it.

I never had any trouble on 4.5 and the old firmware.

Any ideas please?
JellyFish!
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Dear All,

Am running the bastille day firmware which appears to be fine, but have a small issue with a banner popping up when replaying a previously recorded program.

If I play back a recorded program whilst recording another, every 2 minutes or so, I get a program banner across the bottom of the screen telling me what is playing followed by the 2 Toppy indicators telling me I'm playing back and recording.

No glitch in playback just this banner popping up!

I'm going to upgrade to MyStuff 4.54a but didn't have this issue till I upgraded to Bastille day firmware and newer version of MyStuff.

Excellent app MyStuff, would like to find out whats going on here!

Any Ideas,

Cheers,

Adam.

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Check your FAQ's Wink

http://www.toppy.org.uk/faq.php?category=130

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
Richard46
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
JellyFish! wrote:
Am running the bastille day firmware which appears to be fine, but have a small issue with a banner popping up when replaying a previously recorded program.

Try setting MyStuff menu item B2 to No; if you have it set to Yes that is.

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
Richard46
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:

Hyde unless I have missed something the N & N banner comes up when replaying when B2 is set to Yes even if B3 is No. The FAQ says set B3 to No if N & N is constantly coming up. I think it should read set B2 to No.

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
juwlz
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:48 am Reply with quote
AndrewM wrote:
Have just returned from holiday - nothing has recorded and the Toppy was powered up on P002 (think it has been on all week).

It had 4 CTs to record, and was definitely on standby when I left it.

Any ideas please?
Same as for Kenny - don't leave it on standby Wink
And/or try switching the box off at the mains to reset it.

Julie

HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Richard46 wrote:
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
Hyde unless I have missed something the N & N banner comes up when replaying when B2 is set to Yes even if B3 is No. The FAQ says set B3 to No if N & N is constantly coming up. I think it should read set B2 to No.

Richard
Quite right Embarassed That ChunkyWizard goes on holiday and I have to fix everything, tut tut. Wink

[edit]FAQ now updated Smile

Richard46
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:26 am Reply with quote
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
Quite right Embarassed That ChunkyWizard goes on holiday and I have to fix everything, tut tut. Wink

[edit]FAQ now updated Smile

I had sort of guessed it would be ChunkyWizards fault Laughing

Frank_Keane
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 May 2005 Posts: 243 Location: South London
When My Stuff sets command timers and encounters two or more consecutive recordings on the same channel.

If padding is set at 5 minutes start and end of recordings.

Does My Stuff set one timer for all consecutive recordings with just 5 minutes padding at start and end

Or does it set individual timers for each consecutive recording

Taps (Manual):
Tap Commander v1.1: Recording Fixer v1.3: Test Patterns v1.0: Minimax Chess: Poker v1.1: Snake v1.3: Sudoku v1.3
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:00 pm Reply with quote
It sets individual timers with your pre-padding on the first in the chain and post-padding on the last.