Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page
 
Author Message

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 12 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
You'll find that those programs you can see in the standard Toppy Archive (Press Archive key twice) but not in the MyStuff Archive, are probably corrupted. Either zero MB or zero minutes or both.

These files can be deleted from the Toppy Archive view (Or with Altair).

Files that are xxMB/GB but zero minutes can be recovered with the RecFixer TAP.

Files that are zero MB/GB cannot be recovered since there's nothing there to recover.

Might just be worth trying to see why these files are being corrupted though. Usually caused by the Toppy crashing during a recording.

_________________
Hyde.
2x TF5800 All controlled with Harmony Ultimate , TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -RSy+BmC0CbCfCtDsEgEmEvFsGIMPePsR0ScUUuWfXZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.3; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5 RC2;
MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
KennyT
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 241 Location: NW London
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
You'll find that those programs you can see in the standard Toppy Archive (Press Archive key twice) but not in the MyStuff Archive, are probably corrupted. Either zero MB or zero minutes or both.

These files can be deleted from the Toppy Archive view (Or with Altair).

Files that are xxMB/GB but zero minutes can be recovered with the RecFixer TAP.

Files that are zero MB/GB cannot be recovered since there's nothing there to recover.

Might just be worth trying to see why these files are being corrupted though. Usually caused by the Toppy crashing during a recording.

Thanks, I'll take a look when SWMBO goes out...

While you're awake (!) I posted this in the 4.53 thread but nobody noticed!

KennyT wrote:

Can MyStuff do anything with the live buffer?
...if it can, would it be possible to add some 'disable buffer recording' options.

Reason is that we have the Toppy in the bedroom and when the buffering is on, the HDD clicks away, loudly enough to keep me awake! So I switched it off, only for SWMBO to complain because she likes to use it when watching QVC!

So, some possible options:

1 Turn off at time (e.g. 11pm)
2 Turn on at time (e.g. 7am)
or maybe
Turn off when recording

or can anyone else think of a better arrangement?

ta

K

_________________
TAPS: MyStuff 6.4 (with all the trimmings). Crystal Palace.
View user's profile Send private message
KennyT
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 241 Location: NW London
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
You'll find that those programs you can see in the standard Toppy Archive (Press Archive key twice) but not in the MyStuff Archive, are probably corrupted. Either zero MB or zero minutes or both.

These files can be deleted from the Toppy Archive view (Or with Altair).

Files that are xxMB/GB but zero minutes can be recovered with the RecFixer TAP.

Files that are zero MB/GB cannot be recovered since there's nothing there to recover.

Might just be worth trying to see why these files are being corrupted though. Usually caused by the Toppy crashing during a recording.

All the above is absolutely true. Thanks.

K

_________________
TAPS: MyStuff 6.4 (with all the trimmings). Crystal Palace.
View user's profile Send private message
charley
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2005 Posts: 1563 Location: Belfast
KennyT wrote:
(would be nice to be able to edit the description as well, but heyho)K
Simon's TFRecEdit will allow editing of the description if you transfer the programme to a PC.

_________________
regards Charley
Toppy: TF5800PVR250GB &300GB;Firmware: ; Remote: Harmony 655; Tx:Divis; Autostart TAPs: MEISearch 1.35, MyStuff 6, AutoReboot V2.2, epg2mei, Power Manager v2.0, TAP Commander 1.2, TF5000 Display v1.50, MHEG_State; Other:
View user's profile Send private message
halibut
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:03 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Apr 2006 Posts: 215 Location: North Wales, UK
Hi,

Can MyStuff create a control timer from a previous recording?

If not, is there any chance of it in a future release?

i.e. go into archive, select a recording, press... something, and the toppy switches to guide and the create search panel pops up, with some fields filled from the recording.


Cheers,

Hali.

_________________
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmSy+BmEvEzPePsR0SbScVd
TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.96; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyStuff 6.4; Extend v1.7; MHEG Control B2.1; MyInfo B5.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 10/5/12
View user's profile Send private message
EMJB
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:23 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3467 Location: Maldon Essex
halibut wrote:
Hi,

Can MyStuff create a control timer from a previous recording?

If not, is there any chance of it in a future release?

i.e. go into archive, select a recording, press... something, and the toppy switches to guide and the create search panel pops up, with some fields filled from the recording.


Cheers,

Hali.


MeiSearch does this (among other things) - I recommend it as a companion to MyStuff.
View user's profile Send private message
KennyT
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 241 Location: NW London
charley wrote:
KennyT wrote:
(would be nice to be able to edit the description as well, but heyho)K
Simon's TFRecEdit will allow editing of the description if you transfer the programme to a PC.

I'll give it a go, thanks. I note that the routine requires .NET, does that come with XP SP2?

K

_________________
TAPS: MyStuff 6.4 (with all the trimmings). Crystal Palace.
View user's profile Send private message
vroomfondle
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Jun 2005 Posts: 1338 Location: TX: Hannington
[quote="KennyT"]
charley wrote:

I'll give it a go, thanks. I note that the routine requires .NET, does that come with XP SP2? ...

No, but its a free (but large) download from Micro$oft.

_________________
5800 (400Gb, fan cooled). Firmware: 5.13.40PHT2a Taps: MyStuff5.21a, Mediamanager1.3
Other: ASUS WL-500gx + Olegs (1.9.2.7-7f) + ftpd-topfield (0.7.4) + rt2mei0.63
View user's profile Send private message
cdmackay
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Nov 2005 Posts: 223 Location: Cambridge, Tx Sandy Heath
cdmackay wrote:
oh! Just had my first Toppy crash. Was using MyStuff at the time, but that might be a coincidence. The crash was preceded by some oddness


Just had another crash, if anyone is interested, and I now think I know what was common between the two.

In both cases, I had the list of timers on-screen, and a current recording was just about to finish (recording). Since it was still recording, that current event appeared in the main top-level folder, even though I have autofile turned on.

Whilst I was still moving around the various timer screens, the recording finished, and was then auto-filed to the correct folder. However, I still had it on-screen in the top-level folder, and then found, again, that I could see it in the new folder, and still see it in the top-level folder. Accessing one of these, to play, again caused the Toppy to crash.

Following file recovery, everything seems to be correct: the recording is now only visible in the autofiled folder.

Is this a known issue? If not, would a new Bug help? If anyone wants further testing, I'd be happy to try things...

Or isn't this the right place?

_________________
TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmXl+B2BmUUuVdWf
TAPs: TF5000 Display v1.50b; EPG2MEI v0.96; Extend v1.7; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.2; MyInfo B5.4;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 28/10/10

Other OneForAll 12 Universal Remote URC-7781.
View user's profile Send private message
tre4
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Apr 2005 Posts: 93
This program is pretty much all I really need to use but one thing that I would dearly love to have is a recycle bin function where the oldest items in the bin get dumped if space falls below a certain percentage. That would give some control and the ability to sort out the fights with the kids that come from one deleting something the other wanted to see Smile I don't suppose something like this is on the road map?
View user's profile Send private message
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
It's on the road map, but as always it appears on the seam down the middle of the page Sad

Perhaps a house rule as to whom has the power of delete Wink

_________________
Hyde.
2x TF5800 All controlled with Harmony Ultimate , TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -RSy+BmC0CbCfCtDsEgEmEvFsGIMPePsR0ScUUuWfXZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.3; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5 RC2;
MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
cdmackay wrote:
...Just had another crash, if anyone is interested, and I now think I know what was common between the two.

In both cases, I had the list of timers on-screen, and a current recording was just about to finish (recording). Since it was still recording, that current event appeared in the main top-level folder, even though I have autofile turned on.
So which Archive view did you have on display at the time of the crash, Timers or Recordings? You can't view Recording information if you're looking at Timers Confused

cdmackay wrote:
Whilst I was still moving around the various timer screens, the recording finished, and was then auto-filed to the correct folder. However, I still had it on-screen in the top-level folder, and then found, again, that I could see it in the new folder, and still see it in the top-level folder. Accessing one of these, to play, again caused the Toppy to crash.
You do need to allow some time for MyStuff to refile the recording. Having the Recording Archive on view whilst this is happening will cause some problems since it's trying to maintain a single view of the Archive (if you've got MyStuff working in exclusive mode), and then asking a timer to move the recording once the target recording has completed. No recording can be made to the target folder, it has to complete at the top level and then be moved.

cdmackay wrote:
Following file recovery, everything seems to be correct: the recording is now only visible in the autofiled folder.

Is this a known issue? If not, would a new Bug help? If anyone wants further testing, I'd be happy to try things...

Or isn't this the right place?
Well that's because at some point you left the Toppy alone long enough for that file to be released and moved.

_________________
Hyde.
2x TF5800 All controlled with Harmony Ultimate , TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -RSy+BmC0CbCfCtDsEgEmEvFsGIMPePsR0ScUUuWfXZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.3; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5 RC2;
MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
halibut wrote:
Hi,

Can MyStuff create a control timer from a previous recording?

If not, is there any chance of it in a future release?

i.e. go into archive, select a recording, press... something, and the toppy switches to guide and the create search panel pops up, with some fields filled from the recording.


Cheers,

Hali.
No, and added to the change log Wink

_________________
Hyde.
2x TF5800 All controlled with Harmony Ultimate , TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -RSy+BmC0CbCfCtDsEgEmEvFsGIMPePsR0ScUUuWfXZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.3; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5 RC2;
MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:07 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
KennyT wrote:
...Can MyStuff do anything with the live buffer?
...if it can, would it be possible to add some 'disable buffer recording' options.

Reason is that we have the Toppy in the bedroom and when the buffering is on, the HDD clicks away, loudly enough to keep me awake! So I switched it off, only for SWMBO to complain because she likes to use it when watching QVC!

So, some possible options:

1 Turn off at time (e.g. 11pm)
2 Turn on at time (e.g. 7am)
or maybe
Turn off when recording

or can anyone else think of a better arrangement?

ta
You can turn off Time Shifting and still Pause live TV. Granted I believe it turns that feature back on when you do, but then I'm confused...

When you switch the Toppy to standby, it's no longer time shifting and is completely inert. How can that noise be keeping you awake if your wife is watching QVC? Surely the watching of QVC is louder??

In any event... HDDInfo2 Tap is what you need to put the drive into silent mode Wink

_________________
Hyde.
2x TF5800 All controlled with Harmony Ultimate , TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -RSy+BmC0CbCfCtDsEgEmEvFsGIMPePsR0ScUUuWfXZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.3; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5 RC2;
MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iandom
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Oct 2005 Posts: 395 Location: South Oxfordshire
A bit of a feature request. Actually, two.

I would really like to be able to adjust the name of a recording displayed by MyStuff. I would also like to be able to adust the date/time of a recording.

Here's the scenario that leads to both of these ...

On Sunday evenings I've been recording The Chase and Silent Witness. Both are on BBC1. In the past (when using Jags) I'd have had these as a single recording, but MyStuff conveniently adjusts the start/end times so that padding is removed. Unfortunately, the BBC don't understand clocks and broadcast the start of Silent Witness early, so the first couple of minutes of Silent Witness end up at the end of the recording of The Chase.

With the intention of making it easy for family members to find the beginning of Silent Witness, I used the Toppy's cut and save facility to cut the whole of The Chase from the start of the recording, leaving the start of Silent Witness in the original file and The Chase in a new file. (That way, I get around the 99% bug, where the Toppy cannot get to 100% when cutting - 0% is no problem.)

I'm then left with two files:
    1. the remainder of the original file, which has the wrong programme name and information
    2. a new file, which has the right information but the date/time of the edit, not the recording
I can use the native archive to edit the file name of 1., but MyStuff ignores that and continues to display the wrong programme name (and the wrong programme info, but that isn't really a big problem). I can do nothing about the date/time of 2.

Thus, it would be really good if MyStuff enabled me to correct the programme name and/or the date/time of a recording.

_________________
Ian

TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +AfBmC0CfCtDsEzIPeWfZ
TAPs: TF5000 Display v1.53; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.0; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; Power Manager v2.2; TAP Commander 1.34; Surfer v0.14; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6 SnG; TSSaver 0.5; MHEG Control B2; FastScanGUI 0.6b; MyInfo B4.1a
View user's profile Send private message

Display posts from previous:  

All times are GMT
Page 12 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 155, 156, 157  Next

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum