Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 8 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
hee hee, no idea.

Random faults/bugs are the hardest to find Sad

Could have been any one of those, or any combination of too Shocked

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
Bawbagg
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
tommyboyuk wrote:
15 mins ago I tried to set a CT for How I Met Your Mother on BBC3.

No matter how I do it, manual or by CT setting it will not pick up the BBC3 episode at 11PM.

Am I missing something? Am I setting it to close to the start?

Any advice welcome.
Quite possibly - but it depends how quickly you typed your post Wink.

MyStuff needs 3 or 4 minutes prior to a programme starting to be able to record it by setting a new CT. You'll find that the CT is set, and that any other showings will have been picked up. If you want to record in <=3 mins then you just need to use the record button, rather than relying on a CT.

I posted a response to a similar question earlier in this thread (or maybe in the 4.53 thread... can't remember now!).

BB

Bawbagg
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:17 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
Hey Hyde... are you still connected with Tiscali???

Not been booted off yet??

whatpassword
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Apr 2005 Posts: 466 Location: Mid Beds, Sandy Heath Transmitter
I bet that freeview.mei could have shed some light on it.

Taps - RemoteExtenderMHEG1.1, UKSubtitle1.4, mcgCYRResume1.0, DescriptionExtender1.5, eit2meibeta7.2, MyStuff4.54b, MP3 Jukebox2.1d, MediaManager1.3aBeta4, TAPCommander1.0beta8
Other -
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Bawbagg wrote:
Hey Hyde... are you still connected with Tiscali???
In the sense of hanging on to the small knot at the end of my ever dwindling connection speeds Evil or Very Mad

Bawbagg wrote:
Not been booted off yet??
Not yet. My cancellation letter is in the post Wink

chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:52 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9305 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
tommyboyuk wrote:
15 mins ago I tried to set a CT for How I Met Your Mother on BBC3.

No matter how I do it, manual or by CT setting it will not pick up the BBC3 episode at 11PM.

Am I missing something? Am I setting it to close to the start?

Any advice welcome.

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,

I think you are setting it too close to the start. IIRC you can not start a CT 3 minutes of before a programme. Actually you can, but it will not catch the programme in three minutes time (but a CT will be set to catch future programmes). This is to allow time for MS to do it's work and set the timers etc. In the future, set the CT (to capture the future programmes) and then just use REC when viewing the programme to do a single shot timer for the current episode.

HTH

CW

eye of ra
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:36 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1012 Location: Sandhurst, Berkshire. Tx: Hannington.
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
Weekly timers are a Toppy feature that has been adopted by MyStuff. So they function the same way as they would if MyStuff were not installed. Accordingly they don't show in the schedule until the first timer has started.

It was Topfield's best attempt, given a 7 day epg at best, to give you recurring timers.

So if D4 is set to 14 days, the search looks forward 14 days but timers are only set 7 days ahead?

You live and learn.

AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:48 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9305 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
No I don't think that is the case. If you are using eit2mei you only collect 7 days of data hence the timers are only set 7 days in advance. But if you use RT data then you can download 14 days worth of data and then setting D4 to 14 will serach all 14 days,

CW

HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:53 am Reply with quote
We're getting confused here folks. The original post talked of setting weekly timers, not multiple one-off's as the CT search will set.

Toppy weekly reccuring timers are set for the first instance of the program. It's only when that timer has kicked off that the next timer is set. So it doesn't matter how much future epg data you have, setting weekly timers works as it does when set using the Toppy. [edit]Actually that's not accurate either. Subsequent timers are set, they just don't appear in the Toppy epg.

I would not actually recommend setting weekly timers with MyStuff. The CT method is far superior Cool

eye of ra
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1012 Location: Sandhurst, Berkshire. Tx: Hannington.
Got it now, I should have read the post better, ?weekly timers? and ?red R? not ?control timers? and ?red C? Embarassed

AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
barneyd
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
4.54 has lots of extra checks in for memory allocation so we can find problems easier if they occur. That message may be a one off, just keep an eye out if it reoccurs. 4.54 has *loads* of fixes in which may help the OFF message, but to be honest as we couldn't reliably recreate the OFF problem, it mayb still exist for some people. 4.54 should be better than all revs before it so we recommend people upgrade.

Cheers
CW

I have a theory about the OFF problem. I've been deleting TAPs one by one to see what happens. I'm down to MyStuff 4.53 (couldn't bear to delete it!) and the problem has gone, suggesting that it isn't MyStuff at all.

The last TAP I deleted was eit2mei, so either it is caused by that or it is memory problem, or it is a clash.

I've also noticed that the OFF message sometimes used to flash up at the Toppy went into standby. Could this mean that it is displayed whilst TAPs are shutting down and that if they fail to shut down properly (because they are in the middle of a scan???) that the message gets stuck?

I could be completely wrong but it's just a suggestion.
fozzybear
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 May 2006 Posts: 211 Location: Midlands, UK.
Hi..

just a quick question

version 4.54a with option J7 set to yes supresses the screen setting messages.

is this a intended result?

• Taps ChannelRemover v0.4.
  • EPG: eit2mei Beta v7.2 & MEI 0.47
  • TV: LG RZ-32LZ55 32" LG LCD HDTV
  • DVD: CyberHome CD-DVD 505
  • Sound: Cambridge Soundworks DTT 3500 5.1
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Hi Fozzie,

what do you mean by the screen setting messages? I do know that roundels are linked with other OSDs so it does suppress more than just the roundels...

CW

Wolfie
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 252
Well, I've been using Jag's for over a year, and decided to try to use MyStuff (with Remote Extender and eit2mei for EPG harvesting).
And I can't get it to work. Eit2mei has created it's file (freeview.mei) - I've told MyStuff to use that - but the only way I can get into any of MyStuff is to use archive (then menu, to change settings).
If I hit guide to bring the epg up, I just get the info box in the centre of the screen, showing info for the current programme (with a set of digits counting really fast at the bottem left of the box), and the Toppy seems to completely lock up; no keys do anything, apart from the power key. I've even tried it with only MyStuff running.
Could it be a corrupt freeview.mei file, d'you think? I've deleted the files and I'm just trying a rescan to see, but...
I'm using the latest .88 firmware - I'll report back in a bit, but I do want to get it working if I can.

Mick.
KennyT
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 244 Location: NW London
KennyT wrote:
chunkywizard wrote:
Hi Kenny,

take out the radio stations and I bet it will work... MyStuff doesn't support Radio, I bet this is b*ggering it up Rolling Eyes

CW

I'll try it once I get control back!

K

As predicted, getting rid of the radio channels fixed it.

Thanks

K