Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.54

Page 3 of 157
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:42 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9287 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
oh yes, I suppose I should try and get it to make sense Embarassed

CW

Bawbagg
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:43 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
jkevens wrote:
2) When creating searches , you often end up with many recordings of the same programme episode due to some channels repeating them several times through the week on the same channel. Would there be a way of the search checking so that it does not create mulitple timers for the same programme which has the same episode number or identical prgramme description ?
I reckon the best way to do this is to initially create the search from the EPG, then go into the timer list (default key is white), and page right until you get to the CT page.Paging left and right from CTs by name to Timers by name will show you the timers that have been created by a CT. You can then easily modify your CT to minimise the effect of repeat showings.

We do have a longer term solution for this problem - but it's still in an embryonic stage at the moment. Locking down a CT to avoid repeats is currently the best way to do it.

BB

MatthewA
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:42 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 16 Nov 2005 Posts: 36 Location: Herts, UK
chunkywizard wrote:

Was the .mcl file created on a Mac? If so this may be due to having UNIX style line feeds. Make sure the end of each line has a windows style line feed, i.e. LF + CR.

Not sure that Macs use UNIX style line endings, perhaps someone who uses a Mac can say, but I had the feeling that it's something like:

Windows -> LF + CR
Unix/Linux -> LF
MAC -> CR

So where you mention Mac, possibly add "Unix/Linux" as well?

Matt

Tx: Crystal Palace/Sandy Heath
charley
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2005 Posts: 1563 Location: Belfast
I think the DOS/Windows convention is CR+LF, 0x0D 0x0A rather than LF+CR

Toppy: TF5800PVR250GB &300GB;Firmware: ; Remote: Harmony 655; Tx:Divis; Autostart TAPs: MEISearch 1.35, MyStuff 6, AutoReboot V2.2, epg2mei, Power Manager v2.0, TAP Commander 1.2, TF5000 Display v1.50, MHEG_State; Other:
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:34 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Aug 2005 Posts: 396 Location: Sandy Heath
Hi all, is the latest update of MS stable? also what were the additions to this latest version?
charley
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2005 Posts: 1563 Location: Belfast
Yes it is.

See Changelogs on Bob's site.

Toppy: TF5800PVR250GB &300GB;Firmware: ; Remote: Harmony 655; Tx:Divis; Autostart TAPs: MEISearch 1.35, MyStuff 6, AutoReboot V2.2, epg2mei, Power Manager v2.0, TAP Commander 1.2, TF5000 Display v1.50, MHEG_State; Other:
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Aug 2005 Posts: 396 Location: Sandy Heath
charley wrote:
Yes it is.

See Changelogs on Bob's site.

Thanks Charley, should have looked in there in the first place. Sad
swedish cook
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 19 Sep 2005 Posts: 349
Bawbagg wrote:
I reckon the best way to do this is to initially create the search from the EPG, then go into the timer list (default key is white), and page right until you get to the CT page.Paging left and right from CTs by name to Timers by name will show you the timers that have been created by a CT. You can then easily modify your CT to minimise the effect of repeat showings.
BB

This is the one feature I really miss from JAGS EPG - when setting the CT you can press a key to show what timers would be created by that search and then you adjust until looks good.

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2006 Posts: 289
Hi Guys

Excellent TAP, but I've just noticed a minor problem with back to back timers on 4.54a.

I'm recording the F1 GP and using the guide pressed the record button when highlighting the superbikes (immediately after the F1). The F1 was recording and had 10 min end padding.

I get a message saying that there is a clash with an active recording and it will start when that one ends - fair enough.

However, the guide shows no R or red dot or anything to show the timer is set, so I pressed record again thinking I'd not set anything. I repeated this a few times the guide never shows a timer is set. Looking at the list of timers though I have set a number of timers, the first one is correct for the recording, the second starts when the superbikes ends and goes on for 10 minutes, the third starts and ends when the superbikes ends ie 0 duration, and the 4th is the same 0 duration.

Cheers
BhB
whatpassword
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Apr 2005 Posts: 466 Location: Mid Beds, Sandy Heath Transmitter
Following a CT recording this morning I switched our toppy on and found all key functions other than those associated with MyStuff unresponsive. I always give the box a minute or so before hitting any buttons. I know the remote can be unresponsive if you have just closed a MyStuff screen but this was different. Pressing Archive once brought up the MS Archive but rather than showing the Toppy Archive, pressing it again just cleared the screen of the MS Archive. Powered off/on and all back to normal.

Taps - RemoteExtenderMHEG1.1, UKSubtitle1.4, mcgCYRResume1.0, DescriptionExtender1.5, eit2meibeta7.2, MyStuff4.54b, MP3 Jukebox2.1d, MediaManager1.3aBeta4, TAPCommander1.0beta8
Other -
candlerb
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 02 Aug 2006 Posts: 67
chunkywizard wrote:
Was the .mcl file created on a Mac? If so this may be due to having UNIX style line feeds. Make sure the end of each line has a windows style line feed, i.e. LF + CR.

does that capture it?

Almost. Windows end-of-line is CR+LF, not LF+CR. A Mac end-of-line is CR alone (at least it was prior to OSX), and a Unix end-of-line is LF alone.

So I would say:

"Was the .mcl file created on a Mac or Unix machine? If so this may be due to a different end-of-line convention. Make sure the file has a Windows-style end-of-line sequence, i.e. CR + LF"
candlerb
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 02 Aug 2006 Posts: 67
Here's another one for the FAQ perhaps.

How do I tell MyStuff that I don't receive certain channels, so that it ignores them when processing "All channels" control timers?

For example, if I set a control timer for "Little Britain", all channels, then it creates timers for both BBC Three and UKTV Gold, the latter I don't receive.

I'm pulling in my EPG using eit2mei. Is my best bet to configure eit2mei to ignore the other channels?

Thanks, Brian.
MatthewA
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 16 Nov 2005 Posts: 36 Location: Herts, UK
candlerb wrote:
chunkywizard wrote:

does that capture it?

Almost. Windows end-of-line is CR+LF, not LF+CR. A Mac end-of-line is CR alone (at least it was prior to OSX), and a Unix end-of-line is LF alone.

So I would say:

"Was the .mcl file created on a Mac or Unix machine? If so this may be due to a different end-of-line convention. Make sure the file has a Windows-style end-of-line sequence, i.e. CR + LF"

You're right, it was my mistake in saying LF + CR, I forgot that hexdump shows byte order as high/low, so read 0a0d Rolling Eyes Embarassed

I think your statement captures it correctly.

Tx: Crystal Palace/Sandy Heath
KennyT
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 241 Location: NW London
candlerb wrote:
With both 4.53 and 4.54a, I have the same problem with "favourites". I've checked by removing all other TAPs and rebooting, and it's still there. I reported this over on the 4.53 thread, posting date Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:58 pm - I'm not sure if there's anywhere more suitable I should have used.
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5562&start=382

Symptom: all is fine if I view "all channels". However if I upload "My Favourites.mcl" containing a channel list, and then select it using Guide-Opt, it doesn't behave. In the guide, when I get to the bottom of the first screen, it scrolls up one row and "BBC ONE" appears in the bottom row. Any further scroll down wraps around to the top row (which is "BBC TWO") and down from there. So all channels other than will fit in the one screen are not visible.

In the original report I had a few teletext channels at the end, but I've got rid of those; My Favourites.mcl now contains

Code:

but the behaviour is still the same.

I'd appreciate if someone else could try to replicate this, and either confirm what I'm seeing, or else show that there's something weird about my particular box. I'm running Bastille firmware.

Regards,

Brian.

I get the same thing but in reverse! If I scroll upwards past BBC1, it jumps to 23, not to 303 (or whatever is the last in my list going downwards). Scrolling downwards works as expected.

Haven't loaded 4.54a yet, though - and I've disabled DE 1.4 (haven't loaded 1.5 yet).

My MCL file was created in Notepad on a PC so no CR/LF/EOL issues.

K

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:29 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9287 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
candlerb wrote:
chunkywizard wrote:

does that capture it?

So I would say:

Thanks for the clarification, I will change the FAQ accordingly.

CW