Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  General Toppy discussions  ~  Timer list?

Page 1 of 1
matt
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
Is there any easy way I can view a list of timers that I have set?

matt

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
nwhitfield
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9520 Location: London
Press Menu, select Recording, OK, then select Timer Setting, then OK.

It's not the most straightforward; I think some of the TAPs will make this easier, but still need to test them more for compatibility.

Nigel

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 250 Location: Manchester
That screen is a bit limited on info. Shame it doesn't tell you the title of the programme. Would prefer that to the channel if had to pick.

Startup TAPs: JAGs EPG, Bookmark2UK
Other TAPs: UK Timers, IP Guide
matt
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
Just seen that JAGs EPG can do this and a load more. I'm installing that first thing tomorrow evening.

matt

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
nwhitfield
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:35 pm Reply with quote
It can do lots - but  beware that some behaviour is a little strange at the moment, due to the 5800 having different keys on the remote. As a result, after running Jag's EPG (and other TAPs), pressing the Exit button turns the volume down, while the v+ and v- buttons don't work.

So, until more tinkering has been done, I'd advise people not to run any TAPs as auto starts.

Nigel

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 94
I'm glad I read that - I was tempted by this one but I might wait a while.
nwhitfield
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Many of the TAPs have an exit key that quits them completely to you can get back to normal. But the default for them is often the UHF key, which we don't have.

Normally, you can change the option in a text ini file.

Once I've had more time to play properly, I'll check out some of the EPGs in more details. I shall have to borrow someone who speaks better german than I do, too ;_)

Nigel

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Mar 2005 Posts: 243 Location: Sydney, Australia. Toppy 5K owner.
If you want the title of the recording, run my timer_extend tap:  

Also, to get into the timer screen, you can get there with  menu, system setting, timer setting
or menu recording timer setting.
PBK has an option to rapidly get you into the timer screen by nominating a key in PBK setting.
Our taps use the exit key to bring up the menu, also the UHF key to bring up TSR_commander to bring up a "tap config" menu.
One of you can mod TSR_commander to use a different key, the reason we use the UHF key is that it brought up the RF modulator screen normally, i.e. a thing you do from the main menu, and normally once!!   So it was a "free" key so to speak, so I thought would be good to use this one as a general key to exit and config taps (but 99% still have other means to config and exit anyway).

nwhitfield
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering if it's this Exit key business that's causing problems with the volume control when running TAPs; it appears to generate the same key code, which is a little peculiar, since obviously the two function differently when no TAPs are running.

I can see I'm going to have to play quite a bit at the weekend.

But, yes, the timer display part of PBK is very handy. Just a shame about the volume keys..

Nigel

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:40 am Reply with quote
[quote author=nwhitfield link=board=11;num=1112215922;start=0#6 date=03/30/05 at 22:53:15]I shall have to borrow someone who speaks better german than I do, too ;_)[/quote]
http://babelfish.altavista.com

Wink
matt

Darkmatter
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:09 am Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 1237
Regrettably that particular species of fish needs to take a few jumps up the evolutionary ladder before it becomes proficient in any language  Surprised