Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  New users start here  ~  Top Tip!

Page 2 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PaulTaylor
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 28 Jun 2005 Posts: 45 Location: Melksham, Wilts
Jag's "Search Word List" screen (Guide, |>) sets timer priority by search number.
Use cursor Left/Right to move your most wanted searches to the top of the list (1.)
Caution: coloured buttons sort the search word list alphabetically?
Salopian
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:37 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 421 Location: London
I use an MX-500 remote to control all my equipment.
I have a macro on the off button to switch the TV, amp and Toppy off. The macro sets the Toppy to sleep in 10 minutes. This is in case it is recording when I switch off.

The macro used to select Opt, down 4 and right one. This does not always work as the opt menu is variable.

Now I select Opt go UP one ( to the sleep option at the bottom) and right one.
So far this has always worked .
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:54 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Toppy Keyboard

If you want lower case on the Toppy keyboard select 'other' in the bottom left corner. If you want punctuation, select 'other' again. A third selection takes you back to capitals.

It took me ages to realise this!

Cheers

Chunkywizard

Ian Lowry
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:56 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 25 Aug 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Cardiff, Wales
RE: Toppy keyboard

I would like this to work in the same way as Jag's keyboard, with single keypresses to control Shift,Space,Delete and Save.[/b]

TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +Vr

TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.94; TAP Commander 1.0.1; MyInfo B4.0; mcgCYRResume V1.0; Power Manager v1.2; MyStuff 6.0; Little Clock v2.2; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;

Sig generated by MyInfo on 19/9/09
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:00 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Ian,

so would I! I suggest you put this request into the 'future firmware requests thread' and hopefully we can get it added as a feature request that goes to Topfield.

Cheers

Chunkywizard

YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Sep 2005 Posts: 578 Location: Yorkshire end of the M1
alfablue wrote:
Chunky - just tried it, now did it work.........

If you have two browser windows open, you can change your sig on the profile page in one window then save it.

You can use the other window to reply to a post, but use the "Preview" instead of "Submit" button to view you post and your sig.

If you don't like the look, change it in the first window, save, then preview again in the second.

Repeat as necessary... Very Happy

TAPs: MS 6.5 Suite, UK OZ Surfer
Billybug
Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:10 am Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
Hi Folks,

Did you know, if you use Jags and have the Guide button assigned to bring it up you can still get to the standard EPG quickly by pressing MENU then GUIDE.

Cheers

Chunkywizard

I was going to install the jags tap tonite and would be interest to know how do you asign a TAP to a button on the remote?
Thanks
Billy
Geo
Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 11 Nov 2005 Posts: 88 Location: North Devon, Huntshaw Cross Transmitter
Billybug wrote:

I was going to install the jags tap tonite and would be interest to know how do you asign a TAP to a button on the remote?
Thanks
Billy

Install and run Jags, press Menu. There are two options to set two different buttons. I personally use Guide now that I know about the pressing Menu first tip. If you assign Guide* it will toggle through the EPGs.
Allow a while to run through all the settings, it will not be configured correctly for UK use.

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:14 pm Reply with quote
anytips on running through the settings then?
thanks so far
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Hi Billybug,

for Jag's set up, read Richard Wein's manual which is available from the Guides section of this site. Regarding updating firmware (I saw you posted in another thread) there is also a guide on this,

Cheers

Chunkywizard

Billybug
Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I am having trouble downloading the guide, apparently i need version 7 of acrobat - i have an older version. Any ideas on how i can download without version 7?
Thanks
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
If using IE6 you could try right clicking the download link and select "Save target as".

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
Billybug
Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:09 pm Reply with quote
thanks for that last tip - have now got the guide - fantastic!
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Hiding "Press i" on BBC channels

You can Hide the "Press i" message on BBC channels by pressing the GREEN interactive button. This was posted by Mike in another thread and I thought it worth of mentioning again!

Cheers

Chunkywizard

profile7
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 24 Nov 2005 Posts: 109 Location: London
If you are using time slip for live TV and use QuickJump during adverts, then I've found that the progress bar doesn't update.

eg: You are 15 mins behind live TV and then QuickJump through 3 mins of adverts but progress bar still shows that you're 15 mins behind instead of 12 mins.

A quick pause/unpause corrects the progress bar.

p7