Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  General Toppy discussions  ~  TopManager: Can't find ChannelOrganiser

Page 1 of 1
Poppa Mintin
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:59 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 May 2011 Posts: 156
Hi,

I thought I had channel updating fixed.

I can run TopManager, but can't find how to start ChannelOrganiser.

There's plenty of advice in this forum but nothing I try works.

I thought I'd got it sorted out this morning, but when I wanted to remove several channels from my list... I can't get ChannelOrganiser to work. I've tried re-installing it but when that completes I just get a load of instructions. None of which specifically explain how to open it to work with.

I think it just worked with TopManager this morning, I don't remember doing anything special other than changing TopManager's compatibility mode to Win. XP SP3. (This is still set)

Poppa.

Geoff Bacon
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:55 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4034
I suspect CO isn't working because it the transmitter file it uses needs updating.

I noticed that TM scanning didn't work for me a couple of days ago. This was because one of the muxes for Mendip had moved and this caused the scanning mechanism to timeout as it repeatedly tried to scan a mux with no channels on it (this can happen during normal scanning, so TM repeats the scan to see if it can detect channels).
Note: I also changed the information for a couple of other of the transmitters.

When trying to work out how the transmitter file is provided to the toppy, I did upload a new version to my GeeCeeBee site and this is what is allowing TM to scan. The CO file has not been updated so you will have to use TM for now.

I'm now trying to generate a new version of the transmitters file (may take a few days) and I'll see what I can do about updating the CO file after that.

Note: In another post you said that you set TM to run in XP compatibility mode. This shouldn't be necessary as the program includes an XP manifest file that tells the operating system how it should run. When you ran "Check for Updates", although it reported "No updates" for the main TopManager exe, it did update the transmitter file.

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6; WSSkiller V2.12d; CrashTrace v0.4; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/16
Poppa Mintin
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:08 am Reply with quote
Geoff Bacon wrote:
The CO file has not been updated so you will have to use TM for now.

Geoff

Thanks for the reply Geoff,

This part of your post seems to imply that I ought to be able to do a channel scan with TM.

When I run TM it opens, confirms that it has a connection and does nothing else.

I try all the tabs but don't see anything that might be channel scanning. I've tried quite a few that look as thought they Might be, but of those I've tried some just pull up another list and others seem not to do anything. One, for example, shows the .zip file for CO, clicking that opens the file, unzips it and runs the installer.
I expect I've missed something, but can't see how since I looked at everything, maybe something's missing ? Or just not showing.

The odd thing is that the first time I tried (Ref. 'The other post') it all worked properly but I didn't take particular notice of what I actually did... I did it once, I just have to do it again. (Wrong !) Sad

Poppa.

Geoff Bacon
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Are you using the PcCOntrol|Channel Management option ?

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6; WSSkiller V2.12d; CrashTrace v0.4; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0;
Poppa Mintin
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:56 am Reply with quote
Apologies for tardy reply...

Yes, I think I've tried all there is to try.

Open TM :
Quote:
Connecting to Toppy...
xxxxAttempting to open USB connections using tfWinUSB.dil ...
xxxxUSB connection to Toppy establisbed
xxxxChecking visibility of directories ot the Toppy
xxxxTop level directory found
Connected to Toppy

( Click: PcControl tab > Show PcC menus ... )

Establishing communication with PcControl tap; Please wait ...
Communication established with PcControl B1.4
And that's it... nothing more.
Ought there to be ?xxxOr ought I to do something more ?

Poppa.

Geoff Bacon
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:28 pm Reply with quote
TM has done all that I would expect it to do i.e. connect to the Toppy and make the PcControl menus visible. You then have to select the PcControl menu option that you require.

Geoff

Poppa Mintin
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:21 am Reply with quote
Geoff Bacon wrote:
TM has done all that I would expect it to do i.e. connect to the Toppy and make the PcControl menus visible. You then have to select the PcControl menu option that you require.

Geoff

Ah ! OK, I got that, I Knew it was something simple... I just didn't click 'PcControl' again. I expect That's what I did the first time, Just forgot !

You seem to suggest though, that you'd expect the menu options to appear without having to click PcControl again?

Thanks, Just got to make sure I make a note of that for next time.

Thanks again.

Poppa.