Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  Thanks to everyone

Page 1 of 1
Grand Dizzy
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:57 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2009 Posts: 98
I don't come on this forum too often but I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all the men here who have worked to make this system, and community, possible, as well as the kind help I have received from various members when I've been up the creek without a paddle. It is very much appreciated!

I was going to start listing names (BobD, Geoff Bacon, EMJB, etc.) but I'd likely miss important people out. There are many men who have contributed, and I don't know them all, but you can all be assured that I am truly grateful.

I really don't know what I would have done without my Toppy + MyStuff over the past 7 or 8 years or so, it's made using the TV an infinitely better experience and I shudder to think of all the people out there using regular set top boxes without it! What a dreadful thought!

User interfaces matter to me. They matter a great deal. In fact, to be perfectly honest, I am more concerned about my TV having a good user interface than I am about actually watching TV! LOL! I just feel happy knowing that my stuff works properly… and that MyStuff works properly.

Well, I suppose the time may come when I may think about switching to a satellite box. Maybe in a few years, perhaps. But for now at least I think there's still life in the Toppy, and I've grown fond of it.

And as for the Toppy not having HD… I don't even own an HD TV, and HD recordings are unnecessarily huge, so why would I want that?

So anyway… thanks guys! Smile
jimi
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:39 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 89
Shocked What about the ladies ?

Grand Dizzy
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:26 pm Reply with quote
jimi wrote:

If there are ladies here then of course they deserve to be thanked as well, though I thought all the major players were men.
jimi
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 89
Grand Dizzy wrote:
jimi wrote:

If there are ladies here then of course they deserve to be thanked as well, though I thought all the major players were men.

I'm sure Juwlz will be amused to read that Wink

Quote:
MyStuff was written by BobD and the Team: Bawbagg, Hyde, Wildoat, ChunkyWizard & Juwlz

Thanks also to EMJB, R2D2, simonc, DX, FireBird & bellissimo

Logo by Graeme @ orangerevamp -

gomezz
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 3975 Location: Buckingham
With raised, frowning eyebrows if such a things is possible.

Grand Dizzy
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:17 pm Reply with quote
gomezz wrote:
With raised, frowning eyebrows if such a things is possible.

I took the time to make a nice thread thanking all the contributors… yet you're actually annoyed with me for forgetting about one member? I cannot even begin to understand such a reaction.

I've never been a regular visitor here, and wouldn't even attempt to recall every single individual whose help I have received here. Perhaps there is a small female minority here, but since this is a predominantly male forum it seems perfectly fitting to refer to its members as "men". (Besides which, the word "men" can also mean "people".)

Based on the help I have received here, I had thought that this was a helpful and friendly community. Those feelings are being somewhat soured by this rather bizarre reaction. It's a shame.

You try to do something nice…
gomezz
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 3975 Location: Buckingham
Don't get upset. It is only man-banter. Wink

Grand Dizzy
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:26 pm Reply with quote
gomezz wrote:
Don't get upset. It is only man-banter. Wink

Oh OK. Did I mention that I'm female?

(Joke.)